This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
To make delicious and quality smoothies from frozen fruits requires the best blender for frozen fruit smoothies. Drinking a big smoothie every morning is a great way to start the day.
Nutrients from the frozen fruits and vegetables in the smoothies are vital for a healthy body and maintenance.
Blending your own smoothies at home is a big advantage that can save you money and help you stay free from low-quality smoothies. When doing it at home it gives you the freedom to add whatever ingredients you prefer.
There are many blenders that can prepare smoothies on the market but in this article, I have chosen the best for frozen fruit smoothies.
In every task, with the right tool or machine, it is guaranteed to get the best result always.
The following list of the best blender for frozen fruit smoothie consists of blenders from reputable brands. Also, I have selected from medium to low budget smoothie blenders.
If you want a great recipe to try, check out my friend Anna’s purple power detox smoothie!
Can I put frozen fruit in a blender?
This depends on your blender. Technically, sure, it’s your blender do what you like, right?
But in reality, not all blenders are created equal and not all blenders will be able to handle large frozen chunks as well as others. If you want your smoothie to be, well, smooth, and avoid any large lumps from inconsistently/not fully blended frozen fruit, you’ll want to make sure you’ve got the best blender possible to ensure a perfect smoothie.
Here’s a tip: take your frozen fruits and put them in a bag or container to that in the fridge before use, or soak them in a bowl of cool water before blending to help thaw them just enough to soften them up some.
Also keep in mind that if you’ve got a blender that can blend ice without breaking a sweat, you’ll be able to puree up frozen fruits without a problem.
7 Best Blender for Frozen Fruit Smoothies
Below you’ll find our reviews of the best blenders for fruit, so that you can be sure that you’re getting a solid, smooth, dare I say creamy smoothie to start off your morning. Whether you want the best budget blender for frozen fruit or just the best blender for smoothies and ice and more (i.e. a little countertop powerhouse), we’ve got options below.
The Ninja mega kitchen is a powerful blender and it doubles as a food processor. It has the capabilities of a juicer but the whole juice from the machine contains pulp.
Ninja BL770 is part of a family of models that share the same motor and base but differ slightly in the settings. The other models include BL771, BL772, BL773CO.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: It comes with a 72 ounces total crushing pitcher that can pulverize ice to snow in seconds to make the best smoothies and frozen drinks.
It has an 8 cup food processor bowl that enables perfect chopping of ingredients. The bowl can prepare up to 2 pounds of dough in 30 seconds.
Also, you get the 16 ounces Nutri Ninja cups with lids to go that is perfect when traveling. Another 64 oz processor bowl is available for large preparations.
Motor Power: The blender has a 1500 watt motor base that gives the machine the powerful functionality to crush ingredients in less time. The motor has 2 HP.
Speed Settings & Programs: The control panel has 6 buttons for power, single-serve, and 1 dough, blend, pulse, crush speed buttons.
It operates with 3 speeds together with the pulse function to pulverize ingredients completely.
Blades: The pitcher contains multilevel stainless steel blades positioned in 2 or 3 levels. The layout creates a vortex for proper rotation when blending.
Noise Level: One negative thing about this blender is the very noisy noise level.
- Very powerful to handle ice crashing into snow cones
- Multi-function machine with multiple attachments for food processing tasks
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free parts
- Easy to clean
- 30 recipe guides for inspiration
- Large capacity containers
- It is perfect for pulverizing and frozen drinks
- It is very noisy
- The blender has many plastic parts which can crack
- Storage problems for the multiple attachments
This blender is quality and a budget machine that can perform exceptionally compared to other smoothie blenders.
It is your basic blender that doesn’t have too many settings and features to confuse you. The important settings are what matters to get the job done.
Oster blade has a durable construction of Duralast all-metal drive which has a warranty of up to 10 years. This material ensures long-lasting, performance, and outlasting other plastic material blenders.
The blender uses the dual-direction blade technology that moves the stainless steel blades into reverse to prevent clogging. This blade pulverizes and chops with precision to make the best-frozen drinks and smoothies.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: It has a 48 oz Boroclass glass jar that is dishwasher safe and BPA free. Also, you get 2-ounces filler cups that have markings to measure and pour the ingredients with ease.
Motor Power: Oster brand is well known due to its top-quality blenders with decent technologies. With this blender, you get a powerful motor that has 1000 watts but the blending power is 600 watts.
Speed Settings & Programs: It comes with smart settings to help to blend automatically and eliminate guesswork. The control panel is clear to understand with clearly labeled one-touch buttons.
The Oster blender has 7 speeds from low to high plus a pulse function. and 3 speeds from a low, medium and high are for crushing ice.
Blades: They are made of stainless steel with 6 sharp-pointed whereby 4 faces upwards and 2 facing down; this is that dual-direction blade technology.
Noise Level: It is a noisy blender with 90 to 95 decibels depending on the blending process. All in all, the blender has great qualities, performance, and functionality.
- Affordable blender with great features for high-performance.
- Durable blender due to its strong construction materials
- Long warranty, 3 years for the blender, and 10 years for motor warranty.
- The glass pitcher is healthier
- Powerful operation
- It has pre-programmed settings
- Great capacity with filler cups that are well marked for measuring
- Suitable for smoothies and shakes
- Dual Direction Blade Technology for consistent blending
- Easy to store in the kitchen cabinets
- Very noisy when blending and chopping
- It is a basic blender that means it is limited in terms of multi-functions.
The Ninja 400-watt blender is a compact and affordable blender combining a food chopper, food processor, and blender.
This is great for a small size blender to have different functions. It one of the favorites of thousands of customers on Amazon and positive reviews.
The major complaints on blenders are the size/weight and price but The Ninja solves this issue.
Unboxing the blender you get the following;
- 2 containers – a 16-ounce “chopper” bowl and a larger 48-ounce jug for making smoothies
- 4 piece bade set for smoothies
- 6 piece blade set for food processing
This blender is easy to operate and makes the best of frozen fruit smoothies and other food prep. The compact size makes the blender easy for storage in the kitchen cabinet.
If you are looking for a blender that won’t dent your wallet and perform great, Ninja QB900B is ideal for you.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: The Ninja blender comes with a 48oz pitcher and a 16 oz chopper bowl. These containers make it easy to prepare different meals.
It also comes with storage lids that are dishwasher safe. Additional Anti-spill splash guard, easy flip pour spout and no-slip base makes the blending process more secure.
Motor Power: The motor has 400-watt that is powerful enough to blend, crush, and chop ingredients. The placement of the motor is different from other blenders placed at the top. It operates on 120V and 160Hz electrical power.
Speed Settings & Programs: The blender doesn’t have many fancy presets but has a pulse function but it needs to keep your finger to pulse or blend. The operation involves manual operation which can be a disadvantage to some people.
Blades: The blades in the pitcher sharp and removable for easier cleaning. They are on multiple levels on the central spindle to make a more efficient chop and ingredient circulation in such a small package.
Noise Level: The Ninja QB900 is quieter than other blenders on this list due to its motor placement and wattage.
- Small and compact for easy storage in cabinets
- Very affordable under $40
- Easy to clean
- More than just a blender as it can also chop, dice and mince
- Both jugs have a cover so you can use it as storage containers
- Anti-spill splash guard prevents produce from splashing out
- Simple and easy to use
- Quieter operation
- The 400-watt motor can shut down when loaded with too many ingredients
- Short warranty, 1 year
- The pulse function need to pressed continuously so that the motor runs
4. Blender By Cleanblend: Smoothie Blender, Commercial Blender
Cleanblend blender is an alternative to other powerful and high-end blenders like Vitamix and Blendtec. It has great features and a powerful motor at half the price of the premium blenders.
Unboxing the blender:
- Base unit with motor
- Lid with Plug
- User Manual
This is a great blender with a commercial performance at a lower price. It comes with 5 years of warranty to guarantee your smooth blending experience.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: The container has 64 ounces and it’s also a BPA-free premium Tritan copolyester container. The container design is thinner that makes it a bit taller than low profile containers.
Optional accessories: A 32-ounce smaller capacity container with custom tamper and lid. If you prefer to process smaller batches, this should be your container.
Motor Power: A very powerful machine that comes with a 3Hp peak motor and 1800 watts. This is why the blender fits as a commercial blender because the motor can blend anything thrown inside.
The motor is equipped with a cooling system and an overload protector to prevent overheating and break down to the motor. Four anti-slip rubber feet ensure the blender doesn’t move when blending.
Speed Settings & Programs: The blender comes with a 10 variable speed knob and a pulse function. Using the pulse with high speeds results in efficient recipes.
The speed starts from low to high with the lowest starting 10000 RPMs to 38000RPMs which is high that Vitamix blender lowest speed. These speeds enable faster and high performance of the Clendblend blender.
Blades: Clendblend blades are 6 pronged, serrated stainless steel with 4 prongs pointing up and down. Ninja blades are known to be designed for creating proper vortex force and ensure efficient processing of produce.
Noise Level: The blender has a noise dampening catering pad and rubber fit to help reduce the noise while blending. Since the motor is very powerful, it is still noisy compared to other quieter blenders.
- Powerful motor for commercial blending experience
- Comes at a lower price than other powerful and high-end blenders
- 10 variable speeds and pulse
- A great 5-year warranty
- Optional smaller container for small-batch blending
- Great functionality and versatile to produce quality frozen drinks, hot soups, smoothies, food processing, nut butter, etc.
- Easy to use and clean
- Faster blending operation
- Customers have a complaint of the bottom of the container cracking
- No cookbook and recipes on the package
- The low speed is still high at 10000RPMs
Another commercial powerful blender, the Blendtec total original blender. Why still buy this older blender? Well, it still got it.
This a popular blender due to its versatile functions and powerful motor. Blendtec blenders are premium blenders that accomplish what is described by the manufacturer.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: Blendtec blenders have unique containers and this model comes with the 75-ounce FourSide container. The container is made of tough Eastman Tritan Copolyester materials. The jars have a high-temperature resistance of up to 212F.
Optional Accessories: Blendtec offers different sizes and types of containers that are compatible with all the Blendtec blenders. They have the Twister Jar 37z and a spatula. The WildSide Jarand Blendtec GO for single-serve blending is available.
Motor Power: The motor is very powerful at 3 horsepower peak and 1560 watts enough for commercial purposes. It is equipped with a direct drive of 13 amp and 120V to increase the performance due to a lack of clutches and belts.
The motor base is also equipped with overloading and overheating mechanisms to prevent motor damage. It has a cooling system to cool the high-speed motor.
Speed Settings & Programs: The control panel is well organized with a touchpad and clear LCD. The control panel has 9 buttons for various blending operations.
It comes with 6 pre-programmed settings for ice cream/frozen yogurt, ice crush, smoothies, whole juice, soups.
These settings together with the 10 variable speeds and a pulse function make the blending process easier. The highest speed runs up to 29000RPMs that can blend and make hot soup in a few minutes.
The presets have timed seconds for completing the task which makes it easier to make different recipes.
Blades: Blendtec blades are permanently inbuilt in the jar container and cant be removed. The blades are patented 80% thicker stainless steel forged blades with wings.
Noise Level: At 90 decibels, the blender is noisy due to the powerful motor but noise-reducing techniques can be applied to reduce the noise.
- 6 pre-programmed cycles for nut batters, smoothies, whole juice, hot soups, ice crush, and ice cream.
- 10 variable speeds and a Pulse function.
- Very efficient for blending, grinding, mixing, pureeing
- Self-cleaning function
- Versatile blending capabilities
- Low profile BPA-free WildSide jar.
- Vented Gripper lids.
- Digital touchpad controls with a clear LCD.
- Durable and stable device.
- Auto shutoff for safety.
- 8-year warranty.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- High noise levels.
- No tamper.
- More expensive than other commercial blenders
Vitamix is the best brand of blenders that can be relied on in all blending processes. It comes with a higher initial buying cost but it is the best investment anyone can have on a blender.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: The blender utilizes the low 64-ounces profile container made of BPA free Eastman Tritan copolyester material. The low profile container makes the blender easy for storage since it can fit the standard kitchen cabinet.
Motor Power: The Vitamix blender has the G-series standard 2.2 horsepower peak motor and 1,440 watts. It can spin the blades at 37000 RPMs for faster blending and total crushing of ingredients.
The base has a thermal protection system and a radial cooling fan to prevent the motor from overheating. Noise-dampening features help to reduce the noise level to 40% than the competition.
Speed Settings & Programs: The Vitamix 750 comes with 5 pre-programmed settings for smoothies, frozen desserts, soup, and puree recipes. The presets make blending easy and ensure consistent results and eliminate guesswork.
It also has 10 variable speeds and a pulse to help with the blending and pulverizing process. When using the dial, you can rotate it in any direction.
Blades: Vitamix 750 blades have an aircraft design that is made of hardened laser-cut stainless steel. They are made to withstand even the toughest ingredients and produce the same consistent result.
Noise Level: One of the selling points for the Vitamix 750 blender is 40% less noise than other powerful Vitamix blenders. It blends in a quieter operation that any human can tolerate.
- Very powerful 2.2 horsepower motor
- Pulse function.
- Very durable machine
- 64 oz BPA-free copolyester jar.
- Low profile design makes storage in cabinets easy
- 10-speed variable controls.
- 5 pre-programmed settings for smoothies, purees, frozen desserts, soups, and self-cleaning.
- Excellent in the making of smoothies, soups, vegetable juices, sauces, ice-based cocktails, nut butter, salad dressings, baby foods, etc
- Self-cleaning function for east and fast cleaning
- A versatile operation for chopping, grinding, milling, kneading, and pureeing.
- One-touch operation.
- Protective systems (cooling fan & Thermal protection) for the motor
- Long 7-year warranty.
- High price tag than other average blenders
- The lid cap doesn’t have a measuring cup.
- Still noisy at high speeds
If you would prefer an immersion blender over countertop blenders, this Utalent 5-in-1 is the best. It is ranked as a high-efficiency stick blender that can prepare baby food, smoothies, margarita, green juices, sauces, etc.
Container/Pitcher Capacity: This is obviously not your traditional blender option, with a base plus blending pitcher, but instead offers you the flexibility to blend right within your favorite blender bottle or cup. However, it does include two cups to blend in, that are approximately 16 oz and 24 oz.
This hand blender also comes with an egg whisk, stainless steel blending shaft, and a wall bracket. All the attachments are easy to clean and also dishwasher safe.
Motor Power: The blender has an 800-watt motor but the rated wattage is 250 watts. This motor can blend and crush ingredients easily to create delicious recipes.
Speed Settings & Programs: This hand blender has 12 speeds and 2 Turbo settings to enable the stick blender to run from 10000RPM to 32000RPMs. When at turbo mode, it can run up to 38000RPMs to process hard ingredients easily.
Blades: You’ll find an S-shaped design that is fixed at the end of the blender. The shape at high speeds creates enough vortex for a complete blending process.
Noise Level: You’ll enjoy how quiet this hand held blender is in comparison to some of the large, bulkier options on our list.
- It has 12 adjustable speeds and turbo settings for different recipes.
- Very affordable and value for money
- High RPM enables faster blending
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Detachable Accessories Dishwasher Safe
- Durable and strong stainless steel blades
- Comes with measuring cups
- Lightweight blender
- Great for making smoothies, milkshake, juice, sauce, salad, minced meat
- Easy to use and clean
- Some customers complain of the gears and attachments which are made of plastic breaking down and chipping.
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Tips
How To Blend Healthy Smoothies
How Can I Make Sure My Smoothie Is Actually Smooth?
Having a top-notch blender is absolutely the ultimate one-and-done requirement for the smoothest yet still thick and delicious, perfect smoothies.
The other ways to ensure a perfectly smooth smoothie are:
- Use a smaller chunk sizes for your ingredients, if your blender doesn’t do well with the large chunks
- Using slightly warmer water to soften the frozen fruits will help them blend more smoothly
- Blend your entire smoothie a little longer to ensure a full turnover of the ingredients
- Check your liquid to solids ratio — too many solids without enough liquid may be hard on your blender’s motor and will be difficult for any blender to full turn over during blending to reach all ingredients evenly
- Consider replacing your water with yogurt for a thicker smoothie, plus more flavor and nutrients
You might also be interested in the best blenders for pureeing food
How Do You Make Frozen Fruit Smoothies Taste Better?
Sometimes you really can have too much of a good thing, and the sweetness of too many fruits in a smoothie can even make a sweet tooth pucker.
You can reduce the overpowering sweetness by countering it with a sour, such as lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, or you can remove additional sweeteners in the recipe such as maple syrup or honey.
You might consider trying to find smoothie recipes that also include veggies, like the powerhouse ingredient kale, which will keep your nutritional profile up by your sweetness down by some.
Is There A Certain Order Of Steps To Making A Smoothie?
Yes. Try building your smoothie in this order for the best results:
- Add liquids first.
- Add frozen ingredients, small sizes first.
- Add anything large (like those big, beautiful frozen strawberries)
- Add your “bonus” ingredients — peanut butter, protein powder, etc.
- Blend. Start low and let the big chunks get broken up and gradually up the speed until you’re looking at beauty in a bottle.
Frozen fruit smoothies are great for different reasons but it has to be quality to be enjoyed. One thing to ensure quality smoothies is to purchase the best blender for frozen fruit smoothies.
Before you choose your choice of a blender, consider the cost, durability, performance, brand, and versatility.
The above-listed blenders have their pros and cons that make them the best blender for frozen fruit smoothies. The criteria for selection are based on the important considerations I’ve mentioned.
You can’t go wrong with the Ninja blenders and Oster blenders that are great for performance and at a reasonable price.
If you would like a commercial-grade blender, the Vitamix 750, Blendtec, and Clenblend blenders are perfect for frozen fruit smoothies. Happy blending and good luck with your new, healthy lifestyle!