This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Countertop burners are ideal for people with limited kitchen space or looking to increase cooking options. If you’re looking for one, you’ll want to make sure you get one of the best countertop burners to ensure high quality as well as safety when using it.
You’ll find that countertop burners come in a range of sizes and most likely in a single or double burner configuration. Since they are so similar across brands, it can be tough to figure out which one is worth buying.
They consist of different features depending on the brand and model. Also, countertop burners can use different fuel types like electricity or even gas-powered.
Let’s take a look at the consideration when buying a countertop burner, and some great options that you’d be smart to choose from.
- Why You Need A Countertop Burner
- 7 Best Countertop Burners in 2023- Specs & Reviews
- Important Features to Consider
- Countertop Burners Frequently Asked Questions
Why You Need A Countertop Burner
The countertop burner can be beneficial in many aspects to boost your kitchen productivity. You can heat up one burner more quickly with heating up a stove. This is helpful when you’re using the stovetop as a work surface, pulling things out of the oven!
Having a countertop burner is also a great way to simply expand upon your meal prep capabilties. Only have a 4-burner stove? Purchase a double countertop burner and now you’ve got 6! Imagine how much more meal prep you can get done in a week with that kind of extra cooking power!
Take a read through these facts and factors to learn more about using countertop burners either with or instead of your full-size ovens and stove.
Space – The burners take a little space on the countertop making them ideal for small and kitchens with limited space. Using the countertop burner cookers creates more room for other kitchen countertop appliances.
Faster Cooking – The best countertop burners are designed to heat up fast for cooking food faster.
Affordable – Unlike the full-size ovens, these countertop burners come at a cheaper price mostly under $100. They come with great features for temperature control and can last long with good maintenance.
Easy Cleaning – Cleaning the surfaces is not that hard because they have few burners. The induction countertops are very easy to clean which can be done by wiping.
Portable – The countertop burners are easy to move due to their size and can be perfect for traveling in RVs, camping, etc. Their weight is not an obstruction to movement wherever you would like to go.
Great Substitute To Full-Size Ovens – Having a countertop burner can be a useful addition if you are cooking for a large crew at once. Also, when your kitchen is undergoing renovation, the countertop can be a great substitute to cook with.
7 Best Countertop Burners in 2023- Specs & Reviews
1. CUKOR Electric Hot Plate
This is a portable countertop burner that can be placed without taking much space. Its compact size and lightweight make the CUCOR electric hot plate ideal for traveling in RV, camping, and small kitchens.
The hot plate is made of cast iron while the body is from stainless steel and needs to be preheated for about 10 minutes before starting to cook and about 20 minutes to cool down.
It has a 1500W power which is the most common power supply for different types of countertop burners.
With this countertop burner, you can perform all the cooking processes like frying, all flat bottomed cookware from different materials.
For safety, the burner is equipped with no radiation, no carbon monoxide, no fire used, voltage, and thermal regulator protection. It is also equipped with a thermal fuse for overheating protection.
The burner cycles on and off automatically to regulate the temperature. You can save up to 30% of electricity compared to traditional induction cookers.
Since it has a small size and lightweight, the burner can accommodate cookware as heavy as 22 lbs.
- Stainless steel and cast iron materials
- The cast-iron hot plate preheats for 10 minutes
- Fits cookware as heavy as 22 lbs
- Weight: 5.95 pounds
- Equipped with a voltage regulator, no fire used, no carbon monoxide, no radiation, and thermal fuse safety features
- 18-month free replacement policy
- CONVENIENCE: Being small in size and light in weight, the compact design means the burner consumes...
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Perfect solution for frying, stir-frying, and slow cooking, it can also be used...
- SAFE & DURABLE: The burner includes advantages like: no radiation, no open flame, no carbon...
2. CUKOR Portable Electric Stove
If you prefer a double countertop burner, this CUKOR Portable Electric Stove is the perfect one for multipurpose cooking functions.
It is compatible with all cookware types and fit as heavy cookware of up to 22lbs.
The countertop uses infrared, unlike other induction cookers which makes it faster in heating up.
With a 1800W power supply, the burner through the verticle heating technology allows the core finish to heat up in a few seconds.
The heat is evenly distributed for the best cooking experience and can easily reach 1256 °F.
CUKOR temperature is controlled automatically by the burner cycling on and off creating a balanced temperature.
For safety, it is equipped with a thermal fuse for overheating protection, voltage regulator, no fire used, no carbon monoxide, and no radiation features.
This is an ideal choice for backup cooking when you have a large crew or in a smaller kitchen. It also can be a perfect choice for camping, RV, office, dorm, etc.
- Compatible with all cookwares
- Fits cookware as large as 7.1”in diameter and as heavy as 22 lbs
- Heats up in seconds
- Stainless steel construction for durability
- Thermostat for precise temperature control
- Safety features for accident-free cooking
- 18-month free replacement policies
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Perfect solution for frying, stir-frying, and slow cooking, it can also be used...
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL COOKWARE：Can accommodate cookware as large as 7.1'' in diameter and as heavy...
- SMALL SIZE & LIGHT WEIGHT: The compact designs means the burner consumes little space in your busy...
3. ISiLER Portable Touch Induction Cooktop
This portable induction cookware from ISiLER has the most flexible settings and options for easy usage.
It comes with 8 preset temperature levels for adjusting the temperature as required ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C). You can set the temperature with a 40°F increment.
Also, it has 9 power levels for you to choose which power level to use. This can be increased with a 200W from 100W up to 1800W.
With these options, it’s easy to achieve different cooking needs like boiling, simmering, deep fry, saute, searing, steaming, grill, and slow cook.
The cooker surface measures 6.7in (17cm) diameter that can fit frying pans of 3.9-8.6in (10-22cm). It has a thickness of 2.3in (6cm) making it lightweight for easy transport and storage.
A timer for setting the cooking times is also available and can be set up to 180 minutes.
This is a great countertop burner but it has a limitation to the cookware compatible on the surface. It’s only compatible with iron and stainless steel cookware.
- 8 preset temperatures from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C)
- 9 power levels from 100W up to 1800W
- Overheating protection, child lock and rounded edges for safety
- Suitable for Iron, Stainless Steel Cookware
- Glass surface, easy to clean
- 18 POWER LEVELS: Quickly choose your desired power from 100W to 1800W in 100W increments(long press...
- 17 PRESET TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Adjustable temperature ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C);...
- WIDE APPLICATIONS & PORTABLE: The cooktop surface measures a diameter of 6.7in (17cm) to fit frying...
4. Bonsenkitchen Compact Induction Cooktop
If you have a traditional induction cooker and looking to upgrade to a new induction burner, this Bonsenkitchen Compact Induction Cooktop is it. This countertop burner is ideal for outdoor and indoor cooking due to its small footprint and compact design.
With 1800W, the countertop burner is more powerful than gas stoves and also it is energy efficient.
It comes with a power range level to help set the temperature from a range of 150W to 1800W. Also, a temperature range sets the temperature from 140℉ to 460℉.
This induction cookware is compatible with induction-ready cookware like cast iron, stainless steel, enameled cast iron.
A built-in timer shuts off automatically and can be set up to 180 minutes. The sensor touch screen allows easy control of various settings
- 1800W High Power
- 9 power levels
- Full Glass Panel
- Smart touch panel, more intuitive
- Self-diagnose Function
- Overheat Protection
- Timer Function
- Heat up within 3 mins
- Efficient Cooling System
- Heats rapidly & High Energy Efficiency: Being high energy transfer and electricity savings compared...
- Built-in count-down digital timer: Programmable up to 3-hour automatic timer provides high-precision...
- Easy to Clean: With non-Stick glass surface and over-heat protection, the induction cooktop surface...
5. Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop
If you like to have more power levels, this Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop has the most power levels for flexible cooking. It comes with 20 presets power levels to choose from, from 100W to 1800W.
Also, it has 20 temperature presets levels that starts from 100°F to 460°F. It has a 1800W power supply and is considered 83% more energy-efficient than traditional gas and electric stoves.
The countertop burner is compatible with cookware with a magnetic bottom or induction-ready cookware. It is equipped with auto-pan detection that shuts down the unit in 60 seconds if no cookware detected or incorrect cookware.
It has a digital LCD sensor that consists of touch buttons for faster setup and control. The child safety lock protects the timer settings from being accidentally changed. You can set the digital programmable timer for up to 10 hours.
- 1800 Watts output power
- 20 power levels
- Temperature Range 100℉~460℉
- 20 temperature Levels
- The timer can be set up to 10 hours
- Sensor Touch controls
- Non-Stick Glass Surface
- Safety features include auto-pan detection, over-heat protection with a diagnostic error message system and a low & high voltage warning system.
- 【PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER】Duxtop induction cooktop uses 110/120V 15 amp electrical...
- 【HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY】 Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset...
- 【DIGITAL LCD SENSOR】Touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings...
6. CUSIMAX Portable Hot Plate Burner
This CUSIMAX Portable Hot Plate Burner is ideal for multi-purpose as it is compatible with all cookware types. It can hold cookware of 7.1 inches.
Infrared burners take only a few seconds to heat up, unlike other hot plate burners. This is a countertop burner that is suitable for all types of cookware. Having a built-in timer is a very handy feature as well.
The LED screen offers a nice easy readout while in use, which makes it much faster to just get cooking and get that meal prep done! And despite being a ceramic glass burner, it’s capable of holding pans up to 22lbs.
- LED display screen
- Adjustable power range
- 1-80 mins timer
- Has no electromagnetic radiation, and therefore, it is harmless to the human body
- Ceramic Glass burner material
- No noise while cooking
- 22lbs Loading Weight
- High thermal efficiency, as it can reach the highest temperature in a few seconds
- Suitable for all types of cookware and is more convenient
- 18-month Warranty
- [WORKS WITH ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE]: Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.1 inches....
- [HEAT-UP IN SECONDS] Compare to hot plate burner which takes minutes to heat up, Infrared burners...
- [CONVENIENT] The small scale in size makes it very portable. Ideal for dorm rooms, offices, camping,...
7. Techwood Hot Plate Countertop Burner
This Techwood Hot Plate Countertop Burner has a modern design and features for the best cooking practices. It is compatible with all cookware materials therefore perfect for all kitchens.
It has thermal knobs for separate temperature controls for the burners. The burner has overheat protection with an on and off-cycle for ideal cooking temperature.
We like the infrared heating since it’s a nice even heat source and is compatible with any type of cookware. the non-slip feet are a nice touch so that you’ll never have to worry about this countertop burner sliding around on you!
- Scratch-resistant double infrared ceramic burner
- 900W+900W of power
- 7.1 in+7.1 in burner ring size
- Far infrared heating, NO high-frequency electromagnetic radiation
- Adjustable Thermostatic knobs
- Stainless steel and Premium glass surface materials
- Overheat protection system & Thermal fuse
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Works with all type of cookware
- [🍳 MULTI-PURPOSE & MODERN DESIGN] - Techwood electric hot plate is perfect for all kitchens for...
- [🍳 HIGH THERMAL EFFICIENCY] - Techwood infrared ceramic double cooktop 1800W provides more...
- [🍳 SUPERIOR TEMPERATURE TECH] - The thermostatic knobs of the plate control the separate...
Important Features to Consider
Considering quality features that contribute to convenience, reliability, safety, easy operation, and performance is a great move.
|CUKOR Electric Hot Plate||Stainless Steel||AC|
|CUKOR Portable Electric Stove||Stainless Steel||Induction, Electric|
|ISiLER Portable Touch Induction Cooktop||Glass||AC|
|Bonsenkitchen Compact Induction Cooktop||Ceramic Glass||Induction|
|Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop||Glass||Induction|
|CUSIMAX Portable Hot Plate Burner||Infrared Double Burner||Electric|
|Techwood Hot Plate Countertop Burner||Stainless Steel||Electric|
Single or Double Burner
You may have to choose between a single or a double burner. A double burner offers more space for cooking. On the downsides of the double burner is that more space will be requires compared to a single burner.
Type of Cooking Method
There are several types of countertops based on their cooking methods. The cast iron plate burners take a long time to heat up and also cool down. They are easy to clean though.
The standard electric ring burners are inexpensive and very durable. Cleaning them can be challenging.
Induction burners on the other side heat up quickly and also cool down quickly. One major downside for induction cooking requires special cookware that can withstand the temperatures. Cast iron pans, for example, my not work great on this surface; it depends on the pan in question.
Simple and easy to use a control panel is a great option. Some use LED touch screens display and others have temperature control dials.
Depending on the model and quality of the countertop burners, the temperature can be either adjusted with preset levels or control knobs. You may have more temperature control on cast iron burners than induction burners.
If you want to limit the energy you use in the kitchen, the wattage determines the power used by the burner. More wattage results in more power usage.
Where To Use It
Where you intend to use the countertop burner can be an important factor. If you want to use away from the electrical outlets, then considering other fuel power is a great option.
Safety first! Most of the countertop burners are equipped with safety features to prevent accidents. Good safety features include auto-shutoff, auto-lock, time-controlled shut-off after cooking, etc.
A set budget for your ideal countertop burner will help you purchase a quality burner that still has great value. Depending on the purpose of usage and placement, the price is a consideration to make.
All the above factors affect the pricing of the burners.
Countertop Burners Frequently Asked Questions
Are Countertop Burners Safe?
They are typically just as safe to use as a household stove. Some might say they’re safer since a typical electric range requires twice the voltage to power it (a 240V outlet) whereas the countertop electric options use a standard 120V outlet instead.
Where they may NOT be safer is in how they’re used. If you’re being irresponsible and “expanding” your stove by adding a countertop burner but you put it right next to your kitchen sink, you’re making a very poor choice by risking water on electrical components. You’re just asking for a short or a fire.
They may also be a burn risk if they’re placed in poor spots in the kitchen, and someone were to walk by and brush the hot burner. Try not to use these on raised breakfast bars, slim counters, rolling kitchen island carts, etc.
One last consideration on safety: if you’re using a gas-powered countertop burner that runs on butane, you’ll want to make sure to have adequate ventilation. This makes this slightly less safe in cold winter months when people are hesitant to open windows and let the cold in, which increases the risk of fumes building up in the house when they’re used for a long period of time.
What Is the Safest Cooktop?
Induction cooktops are the safest since they don’t really have a hot surface, technically. They cook via electromagnetism, so there is no exposed heating element for anyone to accidentally get burnt on.
Other burners that may have pan sensors in them are a great choice because they’ll shut off the heat when it doesn’t sense a pan over top of the burner. This not only saves hands from burns but saves some energy as well!
Can I Use a Countertop Burner to Boil Water?
While not all countertop burners are created equal and not all stand up when compared to a traditional full-size stove, generally speaking, you should have no problem boiling water on one of these.
Can You Boil Eggs on a Hot Plate?
If you can boil water, you can boil eggs. Follow the same process as when using a full-size stovetop.
Can I Use Pyrex on a Countertop Burner?
Generally, Pyrex makes amazing products that can be used in the freezer, fridge, or oven without an issue. However, the speed that a countertop burner heats up may not be suitable for your particular Pyrex dish.
Check the instructions on your particular cookware, if it has precautions against rapid heating as most do then it is not a suitable cooking dish for use on a countertop burner. If you’re going to gradually warm the dish with the lowest, gentlest heat setting, this may be suitable depending on the temperature range of your particular countertop burner. A slow warm-up time for the dish is the safest way to ensure it doesn’t crack.
There are plenty of countertop burners that are perfect to use in the kitchen or as a camping essential.
Each of the countertop burners brings out beneficial performance depending on the usage.
From this list, I would recommend the CUKOR Portable Electric Infrared Double Burner
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.