This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
You may be looking for a gas burner because you are tired of charcoal grills or on a budget. However, you still need to consider quality, high performance, even heat transfer, and durability to achieve the perfect grill.
A gas grill is the backbone of delicious grilled foods if you love outdoor cooking and BBQ. It doesn’t have to be expensive, and I researched the best gas grill under 150 for a scrumptious BBQ. The following grills have made backyard BBQs fun and memorable.
- Best Gas Grill Under 150 Reviews
- Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
- Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle, Two-Burner
- Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Royal Gourmet 18 Inch Tabletop Grill
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Portable Gas Grill
- Features to Consider in the Gas Grills Under 150
- Drawbacks of Gas-Powered Grills
- Safety Tips and Precautions for Proper Usage
- Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Related Questions
Best Gas Grill Under 150 Reviews
Leading my list of the top gas grills is the Cuisinart CGG-180T Portable Tabletop Gas Grill. It’s perfect for small patios, limited outdoor space, and apartments. It lets you use gas for an even heat distribution, which is a healthier way to cook and environment-friendly.
There are many grills in the market from different brands to choose from but in this price range, only a few offer quality. Most of the grills within this range of prices are mostly smaller in size, which makes them portable.
Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
This Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop little gas grill is the best portable and cheaper than its other grills in this category. With 145 square inch grilling area, it can cook up to 8 burgers, steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, 4 pounds of fish and more.
It features a twist start ignition for easy lighting. The grill is great for small decks and patios or anywhere with limited space.
The compact size makes it the best choice to take it anywhere you want to be it hiking, fishing, beach, park, RVs and boats.
In terms of power, the stainless steel burner is powerful with 5500 BTU. The porcelain-enameled grate distributes the heat evenly for perfect grilling.
Cuisinart CGG-180T grill has foldable Aluminum legs and briefcase-style carrying handle for easy movement when on the go. You can choose your preferred color because the grill comes in multiple colors.
- Wide grilling area and foldable legs
- It uses profane and twist-start ignition for easy operation
- Includes a spill-resistant drip tray and carry handle
- Very lightweight at 13.5 pounds
- Locking Lid to make it more secure
- Foldable Legs
- Easy Storage
- Built-in handle for carrying
- Long-lasting stainless steel
- Portable for a move anywhere
- The removable grate is dishwasher safe
- 3-year warranty
- The drip plan is small
- No warming rack
- Portable gas grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
One of the best selling portable tabletop grills, the Blackstone 17 inch has more to offer. It has a spacious cooking area of 260 square inches, which can stand heavy-duty cooking.
The grill has an H shape that ensures heat distribution is fast and even on the surface. The output of heat is up to 12000 BTUs that heats the stainless steel burner for even grilling.
A convenient electric igniter is used to start up the grill. It uses 1 pound propane bottles for fuel and has a built-in grease catcher.
Blackstone grill clean up is easy as it can be done using a paper towel to wipe off the surface. The portable design allows it to grill anywhere making it perfect for road trips, camping, and outdoor grilling.
- Electric igniter
- 260 square inches of ample cooking area
- 1 H-shaped stainless steel griddle top
- 12000 BTU output
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 18 x 8.5 in
- A built-in grease catcher
- 1-pound propane tank for fuel
- Portable and easy to barbecue anywhere you like
- Excellent heat generation and even heating
- Long-lasting stainless steel construction
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store
- A spacious ample cooking zone of 260 square inches
- The most complaints among customers are poor customer service and support.
- Convenient and portable - this portable grill is built with an easy to use electric igniter, uses...
- Easy to store - simply store the griddle top upside down on top of the griddle body After use to...
- No hassle cleanup - Blackstone makes cleanup a breeze with this table top gas Griddle; simply wipe...
Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle, Two-Burner
This Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle is another option for the best griddle because it looks and functions like a restaurant griddle, except that it is compact. It comes with two independent burners that can produce 20000 BTUs of heat.
What’s more, it has a thick, cold-rolled steel cooking area. There’s also about 285 square inches of primary cooking area – enough room for a steak meal.
The cooking surface is enough to cook your favorite foods, with 285 square inches. The start-up of the burner uses a twist ignition and also temperature control. Additionally, a built-in hose for 20lb propane tanks makes it easier to manage the grill.
Unlike outdoor grills, this appliance allows you to prepare food in places you prefer. Its flexibility makes it the best for patios, balconies, RVs, camping, picnics, etc.
- Thick, cold-rolled steel cooking area.
- Two independent burners give ultimate control over heat.
- Twist-start ignitions and built-in hose for 20 lb LP tanks.
- 285 square inches of the primary cooking area – enough room for a steak meal.
- Powerful independent burners producing up to 20000 BTUs combined
- Ideal for decks, patios, balconies, and RVs
- Compact and easy to storage
- Portable to use anywhere
- Functions as a restaurant griddle offering high performance
- The primary cooking area is large enough
- The burner knobs, on some occasions, may malfunction
- 285-SQUARE-INCH COOKING SURFACE: The griddle features a 285 square inch cold-rolled steel cooking...
- STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: Features two stainless steel burners combining to produce 20,000 BTUs that...
- PORTABLE DESIGN: The griddle measures 19.5 x 20 x 9 inches. The grill weighs only 30 lbs., making it...
Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas GrillChar-Broil ensures all people can achieve quality grilling with this 3 burners affordable grill. The grill produces 30000 BTUs of heat across the 360 square inch cooking surface.
The cooking surface has porcelain-coated grates which measure s 26 in wide, 14 inches height which is enough space for grilling up to 15 burgers.
It also features 170 square inches of swing-away warming rack and can also be used for secondary cooking. The warming rack dimensions are 24 inches wide and 7 inches deep.
Stainless steel inline burners are durable and offer high and low heat. For the start-up, the Piezo ignition system provides a reliable function.
Movement of the grill is made easier by wheels that are flexible and stable for balance.
- 3 Side Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Piezo ignition
- 170 square inches porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Stainless steel in-line burners
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves for extra food prep
- Stylish grill cover
- Trusted American brand
- Large cooking surface, 360 square inches
- Three burners offer more versatility
- Durable construction
- Easy start-up and temperature control, piezo ignition
- Warming rack can be used as an extra cooking area.
- Powerful burners with up to 30000 BTUs
- Presence of plastic material that can get melted
- The paint inside the lid can get peeled if not well covered during winter.
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates. Convectional cooking system
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
Royal Gourmet 18 Inch Tabletop Grill
The runners up for portable gas grill has a total of 221 square inches porcelain enameled coated griddle area. Royal Gourmet is the best griddle with a single rectangular burner. The burner has up to 12000 BTU cooking power.
This is a powerful gas grill considering is the cheapest in this category at less than $100.
Strong construction with the control panel having a stainless steel material. Starting the burner is easy due to the piezo ignition system in place.
It has a removable fat tray with a large capacity that doesn’t require midway exchange during grilling. It also has non-slip feet for increased stability and a side grease pan collection for easy cleaning.
- 221 square inches porcelain-enameled cooking surface
- One 12,000 BTU Stainless Steel Burner
- Quick start-up with a simple push of the piezo ignition system
- Non-slip feet for increased stability
- Side grease pan collection
- Stainless steel control panel
- Big cooking surface
- Stylish grill cover
- Powerful single burner with 12,000 BTU each
- The cheapest grill
- Durable stainless steel control panel
- Large grease tray collection
- Quick start ignition
- Portable to move anywhere
- The grease pan needs a better coating
- Challenging to clean
- 221 SQ. IN. COOKING SURFACE AND PORCELAIN ENAMELED TOP: Tabletop grill comes with 18-inch glossy...
- 12,000-BTU FAST AND EVEN HEATING: Start cooking instantly with just the simple push of button and...
- NO FUSSY CLEANUP: Removable, slide-out stainless-steel grease tray collects oil residue while...
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Portable Gas Grill
If you love outdoor grilling, this inexpensive Char-broil 280 2 burner is an ideal choice. The two stainless steel burners provide better low heat for quality grilling. Its griddle top enables even heat dispersal and can be removed for easier cleaning.
The cooking surface has 280 square inches with porcelain-coated grates. You can cook enough food for family and friends in an outdoor BBQ.
Metal side shelves are perfect for holding spices, plates, or ingredients. They are removable in case you need more space or for cleaning.
The lid and firebox are stainless steel reinforced with a porcelain coating. This comes in handy to protect the device from rusting when placed outside.
Lastly, the Piezo ignition is used to fire up the grill quickly by pressing the button. Adjusted flames are also done using a dial for each burner.
- Heat output of 20,000 BTUs, main burners
- Porcelain-coated steel lid
- Large wheels
- 5-year limited warranty on the stainless steel burner, two years on the firebox and lid, and a 1-year warranty on all other parts.
- Large cooking surface 280 square inches
- A sturdy design
- Porcelain-covered steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements and avoid rusting
- Durable construction
- Easy heat control
- Side burner 8000 BTUs
- Foldable legs
- No warming rack
- Lacks step-by-step assembly instructions
- 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- 8,000 btu side burner provides a secondary cooking space for sides or sauces
- Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
Features to Consider in the Gas Grills Under 150
These are the most important factors to consider to help you make a thorough decision.
|Product||Special Feature||Finish Type|
|Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop||Portable||Painted|
|Blackstone Table Top Grill||Electric||Steel|
|Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle||Portable||Steel|
|Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner||Durable||Stainless Steel|
|Royal Gourmet 18 Inch Tabletop||Portable||Painted|
|Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner||Durable||Painted|
Although you are looking for the best gas grill under 150, it’s better not to go lower than $100. The cheaper a gas grill is, you will face durability issues within 1 to 2 years.
Costs differ due to the type of gas grill, heat options, brand, extra accessories, rotisserie and more.
Read about 9 Best Air Fryers For One Person
A quality gas grill should have the best heat distribution capability to cook even heated food. Some gas grill tends to have some hot and cold spots which are not great for grilling.
Type Of Heat
Just like kitchen cookware which can use different heating methods, gas grills can use infrared or convection cooking.
- Convection cooking: The most common cooking method involves flame and smoke heating the food.
- Infrared cooking: The pan is heated directly through an infrared cooking system. Infrared heats up quickly with even heating to cook delicious meals. This type of cooking eliminates the problem of hot and cold spots on the grill.
You can select between two types of grills depending on your preference.
- Built-in grill: This is the best griddle because it is integrated into an existing outdoor kitchen.
- Stand-alone or free-standing grill: Freestanding grill is more convenient to use and also comes at affordable prices. It can be connected to the gas line if you don’t prefer a propane tank.
If you don’t want a grill, try something more natural, like a fire pit grill, cooking your meat over the open flames.
Type of Fuel
There are two fuel options that you can use, which can be natural gas or propane. Both fuels are easy to use and reliable for producing enough even heating for great grilling results.
This is a vital factor to look for before buying your gas grill. Power is measured in BTU that shows the fuel consumption and heating capabilities.
The higher the BTU, the more power the grill produces. Different meals need different heating processes hence the need to have a powerful gas grill.
Cooking with gas can be easy but also dangerous if wrongly used. Ensure the gas grill has safety measures to prevent explosions and hazards.
Safety starts with you on how you handle the grill. The fire extinguisher should be available and the gas grill should be placed in some distance from the house.
Durability & Warranty
These gas grills under $150 are budget options and its hard to find long warranties or lifetime warranties. The selected gas grills in this article come with a decent warranty.
Also, the gas grills can last for long under proper use and maintenance.
Benefits of a Gas Grill
The most common reason for using gas grills is to utilize the convenience and faster set up of the grills. Unlike charcoal grills which take a lot of time igniting the charcoal, gas grills require only turning it on.
- Gas-powered grills are cheaper than other types of grills
- Easier to use and set up
- Easier to clean
- In contrast to electric grills, gas griddles, and grills produce more flavor
- It is possible to hook the grill on your gas line at home
Drawbacks of Gas-Powered Grills
- Using gas does not burn as hot as charcoal; the hotter the grill, the better your meal will be cooked.
- If you hook your grill on your line, it can limit the movement of the grill.
- Careless usage of gas can cause serious fire accidents.
Safety Tips and Precautions for Proper Usage
Without a doubt, using your grill to host a tailgate party or a get-together in your backyard on a warm sunny day can bring a lot of joy to life. It’s important to remember that wherever even if you use the best grills, there’s also the risk of danger if you don’t use them properly.
If you leave your lighted grill unattended or close to flammable materials, dangerous fires can result from such negligence. In fact, the National Fire Protection Association estimates that around 8,900 fires are started yearly due to grill usage.
However, following these grill safety tips can make your next summer barbecue safer and more enjoyable.
Observe the Correct Gas Tank Handling Procedure
Rule number one is to always keep your natural or propane tanks in an upright position to avoid tipping them. Whenever you are not using the grill, ensure you seal the valve tight and store the tank somewhere with proper ventilation, away from direct sunlight or open flames.
Check for Gas Leaks
Before firing up your grill, you must perform a leak test on the gas connections by applying a soapy water solution to the hose and connections.
If bubbles start popping out, then that tells you that gas might be leaking through. If that is the case, turn off the gas supply immediately and call a professional to have a professional check your grill.
Keep a Safe Distance
Always ensure your grill is sitting pretty on a stable surface a good ten feet away from anything that could go up in flames, like trees, bushes, and buildings – including your neighbor’s pet llama. This safety approach prevents accidental fires from sparking up.
Use a Fire Extinguisher
It’s a good idea to always have a fire extinguisher within reach in case of emergencies. Acquaint yourself with how it operates, and if a fire happens and goes out of control, call the nearest emergency agency and evacuate everyone to a safe distance.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Gas and Charcoal Grills
A grill needs proper maintenance to keep it in working condition for a long time. Also, frequent upkeep will ensure that you have more fun while cooking and that your food tastes great too.
- Remember to clean the cooking crates and heat tents using a wire brush after each use to remove all the food and grease from last weekend’s barbecue.
- Wipe down your grill’s exterior parts, such as heat tents, burners, and cooking grates, and use a wet cloth and some soap to keep all that dirt and grime at bay.
- Clean the burners and heat tents to prevent any food particles from clogging, which might stop the gas from flowing smoothly.
- Empty and clean the grease tray to avoid grease fires caused by fat dripping into the tray while you are out preparing some ribeye for friends
- Inspect the gas line to check for cracks or breaks in it. If there are any issues, fix them ASAP to keep the grill safe and running like a sausage factory.
- Grease up movable parts like the hinges and wheels in the case of the Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner to keep them working smoothly.
- When not using your grill for a lengthy period, give it a good rub before storing it, and cover it with a weatherproof grill cover to protect it from the elements.
- Lastly, before the grilling starts, check your appliance for signs of wear and rust, especially in the ignition system. Replace any broken or worn-out parts – you’ll thank me later!
What Is the Best Burner for Use on a Gas Grill?
The best burner for a gas grill is made of cast stainless steel, which is the best for resisting rust among the other stainless grills. Cast iron stainless is also thicker than normal stainless and tends to absorb and evenly distribute heat.
How Long Do Gas Grills Under 150 Last?
Many gas grills can last anywhere from five to 15 years if proper cleaning and maintenance schedule is followed. However, the average American gets a new grill every three months, subject to regular upkeep, which can lengthen its lifespan.
How Do I Light My Gas Grill Safely?
To light your gas grill safely, you need to observe the manufacturer’s operating manual for lighting your grill. However, most grills require you to turn on the gas supply and the electronic ignition system to light the burners. Just remember to keep your face and body at a safe distance while starting it.
Grilling is a great way for families and friends to come together and share BBQ experiences and eat together. It doesn’t have to require expensive grills as you can do it with the best under $150 Grill. I recommend the Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Grill because of its flexibility, multiple colors, cheap grill price, and quality grilling.
The best gas grills I have chosen for this post are inexpensive yet offer quality performance where you get value for money. I have listed both outdoor and portable grills due to different preferences. The grills come from well-known brands that provide durable and quality grills.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.