This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
If you love outdoor cooking and BBQ then a gas grill is the backbone to the delicious grilled foods. It doesn’t have to be expensive and I researched the best gas grill under 150 for the perfect BBQ.
We all have reasons for opting to choose a particular product but having the perfect grill makes outdoor cooking simpler.
Gas grills under $150 are mostly portable and compact grills. They are perfect for small patios, limited outdoor space, and apartments. In addition to inexpensive grills, you get to use gas which is more healthy to cook with and environment-friendly.
You may be looking for a gas grill because you are tired of charcoal grills, or you are on a budget. I have selected the best gas grills under 150 that offer quality, high performance, even heat distribution and durable.
Most of the gas grills within this range of prices are mostly smaller in size that makes them portable. The grilling area is not large enough but for a family, they can prepare enough meals.
In this post, I provide you with the top 6 best gas grill under $150 for you to enjoy outdoor cooking with friends and family.
The Best Gas Grills Under 150 Reviews
There are many gas grills in the market from different brands to choose from but in this range of price, only a few offer quality. The following gas grills have great reviews on Amazon from happy customers.
This little gas grill is the best portable and cheaper than its other grills in this category. With 145 square inch grilling area, it can cook up to 8 burgers, steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, 4 pounds of fish and more.
It features a twist start ignition for easy lighting. The grill is great for small decks and patios or anywhere with limited space.
The compact size makes it the best choice to take it anywhere you want to be it hiking, fishing, beach, park, RVs and boats.
In terms of power, the stainless steel burner is powerful with 5500 BTU. The porcelain-enameled grate distributes the heat evenly for perfect grilling.
Cuisinart CGG-180T grill has foldable Aluminum legs and briefcase-style carrying handle for easy movement when on the go.
You can choose your preferred color because the grill comes in multiple colors.
- Very lightweight at 13.5 pounds
- Locking Lid to make it more secure
- Folding Legs
- Easy Storage
- Built-in handle for carrying
- Durable stainless steel
- Portable for a move anywhere
- The removable grate is dishwasher safe
- 3-year warranty
- The drip plan is small
- No warming rack
One of the best selling portable tabletop grills, the Blackstone 17 inch has more to offer. It comes with a spacious cooking surface of 260 square inches which can stand heavy-duty cooking.
The grill has an H shape that ensures heat distribution is fast and even on the surface. The output of heat is up to 12000 BTUs that heats the stainless steel burner for even grilling.
A convenient electric igniter is used to start up the grill. It uses 1 pound propane bottles for fuel and has a built-in grease catcher.
Blackstone grill clean up is easy as it can be done using a paper towel to wipe off the surface. The portable design allows it to grill anywhere making it perfect for road trips, camping, and outdoor grilling.
- Electric igniter
- 260 square inches cooking surface
- 1 H shaped stainless steel burner
- 12000 BTU heat output
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 18 x 8.5 in
- A built-in grease catcher
- 1 pound propane bottles for fuel
- Portable and easy to grill anywhere you like
- Great heat output and heat distribution
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store
- A spacious cooking surface of 260 square inches
- The most complain among customers is poor customer service and support.
3. Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle, Two-Burner
This Cuisinart looks and functions like a restaurant griddle except that it is compact. It comes with 2 burners that are independent and can produce 20000 BTUs of heat.
The cooking surface its enough to grill your favorite foods with 285 square inches. The start-up of the burner uses a twist ignition and also heat control.
A built-in hose for 20lb LP tanks makes it easier for managing the grill.
This grill allows you to grill foods in places you prefer, unlike outdoor grills. Its flexibility makes it the best for patios, balconies, RVs, camping, picnics, etc.
- Thick, cold-rolled steel cooking surface.
- 2 independent burners give ultimate control overheat.
- Twist-start ignitions and built-in hose for 20 lb LP tanks.
- 285 square inches of cooking surface–enough room for a steak meal.
- Powerful independent burners producing up to 20000 BTUs combined
- Ideal for decks, patios, balconies, and RVs
- Compact and easy for storage
- Portable to grill anywhere
- Functions as a restaurant griddle offering high performance
- The cooking surface is large enough
- The burner knobs on some occasions may malfunction
Char-Broil ensures all people can achieve quality grilling with this 3 burners affordable grill. The grill produces 30000 BTUs of heat across the 360 square inch cooking surface.
The cooking surface has porcelain-coated grates which measure s 26 in wide, 14 inches height which is enough space for grilling up to 15 burgers.
It also features 170 square inches of swing-away warming rack and can also be used for secondary cooking. The warming rack dimensions are 24 inches wide and 7 inches deep.
Stainless steel inline burners are durable and offer high and low heat. For the start-up, the Piezo ignition system provides a reliable function.
Movement of the grill is made easier by wheels that are flexible and stable for balance.
- 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- Piezo ignition
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Stainless steel in-line burners
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves for extra food prep
- Trusted American brand
- Large cooking surface, 360 square inches
- 3 burners offer more versatility
- Durable construction
- Easy start-up and heat control, piezo ignition
- Warming rack can be used as an extra cooking area.
- Powerful burners with up to 30000 BTUs
- Presence of plastic material that can get melted
- Paint inside the lid can get peeled if not well covered during winter.
The runners up for portable gas grill has a total of 221 square inches porcelain enameled coated griddle area.
Royal Gourmet is a gas grill with a single rectangular burner. The burner has up to 12000 BTU cooking power.
This is a powerful gas grill considering is the cheapest in this category at less than $100.
Strong construction with the control panel having a stainless steel material. Starting the burner is easy due to the piezo ignition system in place.
The portable design makes it great for camping, picnics, night BBQ, tailgate parties and more.
It has a removable grease tray with a large capacity that doesn’t require midway exchange during grilling.
- 221 sq. in. porcelain-enameled cooking surface
- One 12,000 BTU Stainless Steel Burners
- Quick start-up with a simple push of the piezo ignition system
- Non-slip feet for increased stability
- Side grease tray collection
- Stainless steel control panel
- Big cooking surface
- Powerful single burner with 12,000 BTU each
- The cheapest
- Durable stainless steel control panel
- Large grease tray collection
- Quick start ignition
- Portable to move anywhere
- The grease tray needs a better coating
- Challenging to clean
If you love outdoor grilling, this inexpensive Char-broil 280 2 burner is an ideal choice.
2 stainless steel burners provide better low heat for quality grilling. Its burner top enables even heat distribution and can be removed for easier cleaning.
The cooking surface has 280 square inches with grates that are porcelain coated. You can cook enough food for family and friends in an outdoor BBQ.
Metal side shelves are perfect for holding spices, plates or ingredients. They are removable in case you need more space or for cleaning.
The lid and firebox have a stainless steel construction reinforced with a porcelain coating. This comes in handy to protect the grill from rusting when placed outside.
Last but not least, the Piezo ignition is used to fire up the grill easily by pressing the button. Adjusted of flames are also done using a dial for each burner.
- Metal side shelves
- 280 square inches of cooking space
- 2 stainless steel in-line burners
- Piezo ignition system
- Heat output of 20,000 BTUs, main burners
- Porcelain-coated steel lid
- Large wheels
- 5-year limited warranty on stainless steel burner, 2 years on firebox and lid and a 1-year warranty on all other parts.
- Large cooking surface 280 square inches
- A sturdy design
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements and avoid rusting
- Durable construction
- Easy heat control
- Side burner 8000 BTUs
- No warming rack
- Lacks step by step assembly instructions
Buyer’s Guide: What To Consider When Buying a Gas Grill
These are the most important factors to consider to help you make a thorough decision.
Although you are looking for the best gas grill under 150, it’s better not to go lower than $100. The cheaper a gas grill is, you will face durability issues within 1 to 2 years.
Costs differ due to the type of gas grill, heat options, brand, extra accessories, rotisserie and more.
Read about Rotisserie Air Fryers
A quality gas grill should have the best heat distribution capability to cook even heated food. Some gas grill tends to have some hot and cold spots which are not great for grilling.
Type Of Heat
Just like kitchen cookware which can use different heating methods, gas grills can use infrared or convection cooking.
Convection Cooking: This is the most common method of cooking that involves the flame and smoke heating the food.
Infrared Cooking: The food through the infrared cooking method is heated directly. Infrared heats up quickly distributing the heat evenly to cook delicious meals.
Types Of Gas Grills
You can select between two types of gas grills depending on your preference.
Built-in Gas Grill: These types of grills are integrated into an existing outdoor kitchen.
Stand-Alone Or Free Standing Gas Grill: Freestanding gas grill is more convenient to use and also comes at affordable prices. It can be connected with the gas line in case you don’t prefer a propane tank.
Type of Fuel Used
There are 2 fuel options that you can use in a gas grill which can be natural gas or propane. Both fuels are easy to use and reliable for producing enough heat for great grilling results.
This is a vital factor to look for before buying your gas grill. Power is measured in BTU that shows the fuel consumption and heating capabilities.
The higher the BTU, the more power the grill produces. Different meals need different heating processes hence the need to have a powerful gas grill.
Cooking with gas can be easy but also dangerous if wrongly used. Ensure the gas grill has safety measures to prevent explosions and hazards.
Safety starts with you on how you handle the grill. The fire extinguisher should be available and the gas grill should be placed in some distance from the house.
Durability & Warranty
These gas grills under $150 are budget options and its hard to find long warranties or lifetime warranties. The selected gas grills in this article come with a decent warranty.
Also, the gas grills can last for long under proper use and maintenance.
Benefits of a Gas Grill
The most common reason for using gas grills is to utilize the convenience and faster set up of the grills. Unlike charcoal grills which take a lot of time igniting the charcoal, gas grills require only turning it on.
- Gas grills are cheaper than other types of grills
- Easier to use and set up
- Flexibility to grill all year round regardless of the weather
- Easier to clean
- In contrast to electric grills, gas grills produce more flavor
- It is possible to hook the grill on your gas line at home
Drawbacks of Gas Grills
- Using gas does not burn as hot as charcoal, the hotter the grill, the better your meal will be cooked.
- If you hook your grill on your line, it can limit the movement of the grill.
- Careless usage of gas can cause serious fire accidents.
Grilling is a great way for families and friends to comes together and share BBQ experiences and eat together. It doesn’t have to require expensive gar grills as you can do it with the best Gas Grill Under 150.
The gas grills I have chosen for this post are inexpensive but offer quality performance there you get value for money.
I have listed both outdoor and portable gas grills due to different preferences. The gas grills come from well-known brands that provide durable and quality grills.
I would recommend the Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gas Grill because of its flexibility, multiple colors to choose from, cheaper price and quality grilling.