This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Who doesn’t love the taste of cookie dough and cookies? and what’s better than getting creative and baking them yourself.
A hand mixer will be your best friend during this process, not only will it be a lot tidier but finding the right hand mixer will also make it a lot easier for you.
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
There’s lots of different hand mixers to choose from so we have searched the market to find the best options for you.
Are you in a hurry? If so we have selected our top pick for you below.
Best Hand Mixer For Cookie Dough – Reviews
- Mix ingredients for a variety of recipes from slowly...
- 60 watts
- 60 Hz
We have chosen the KitchenAid ultra power hand mixer as our top pick for you. Impressively this hand mixer comes with five different speed settings. Speed setting number 1 is ideal for lighter mixes such as egg whites and speed number 5 works best for mixing heavier ingredients.
A good thing about this mixer is that it is capable of stiring chunky ingredients such as chocolate chips without damaging the parts. This is great for cookie dough and also gives you plenty of choice in what ingredients you choose too.
This 60 watt mixer is not as powerful as some but it is ideal for mixing cookie dough as you do not want one that is overpowering as this can end up making the dough tough and clumpy. It also has a 36 inch cord which makes it ideal if you need the leads to stretch over a surface.
This hand mixer is sure to match any kitchen decor thanks to the wide range of colours that it is available in; there’s definitely a color for everyone.
- It’s really good for mixing a variety of different ingredients and doesn’t damage the fittings.
- There is a variety of colours to choose from.
- It is a quiet mixer and even on the powerful settings the noise is minimal.
- The slower starting speeds stop the mixture from blowing everywhere and creating a mess.
- Dough mixes well, even on the lower power settings.
- It is lightweight so it doesn’t feel heavy in your hands whilst you whisk.
- Some customers found the mixing attachments to be flimsy.
- It is slightly more expensive than some other hand mixers on the market.
- NO MORE LOST BEATERS: The snap-on storage case holds the...
- INCLUDES COMPLETE 3 PIECE ATTACHMENT SET: The Hamilton Beach...
- REDUCE MESSY SPLATTERS: The hand mixer has a slower first...
Next we have chosen the Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe electric hand mixer. This mixer comes with an impressive six speed settings starting off with a slow speed, which keeps all of your ingredients contained in the bowl and then building up to faster speeds. There is also a quick burst button too.
It comes with all the traditional attachments like the whisk and beater and these are easily removable for cleaning one you have finished baking your cookies. A nice feature of this mixer is the snap on storage case on the bottom. Once you have finished using them they can be stored away in this nice convenient compartment and you also know where everything is.
This hand mixer has all of the power that you need at 275 watts. This gives you all the benefits of using a mix without it being too hard to handle. It’s also ideal because it is powerful without being too harsh on your dough mixture.
On this hand mixer you will find a bowl rest; a built in groove so that you can leave the mixer hanging over the bowl, without having to worry about it the mixture spilling over the kitchen surfaces and making a mess.
- It is good value for money for those who want a mixer without breaking the bank.
- There are two different colors available.
- The storage case is a handy feature and the easy access to a small door saves you taking the mixer apart to put the attachments away.
- It is nice and easy to use.
- The mixer has a powerful wattage and speed settings and even the higher settings don’t send the mixture flying over the kitchen.
- Attaching the parts to the hand mixer can be difficult and you will need to check that they are in there tightly before using to ensure that they don’t fall out.
- Handheld mixer with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
- Simple on/off button; 1-touch speed control and 9 speed...
- 3 low start speeds to prevent ingredients from splattering;...
The cuisinart power advantage hand held mixer is a great addition to any bakers kitchen. It comes with 1 touch button speed control and 9 different power settings to choose from. You can start off slow before working your way up to the more powerful settings and this gives you plenty of variety in what you can make with this mixer. It’s great for cookie dough and other recipes too.
There are three low start speeds which are useful because you can start mixing the loose ingredients together slowly without it going everywhere and creating a mess.
It has a 220 watt motor so it gives you all the power that you need to mix your cookie dough together nicely without being too harsh and overmixing it.
Underneath the body of the mixer there is a storage case which provides you with a nice place to store all of your attachments.
With this mixer you will get beaters, a chef’s whisk, dough hooks, a spatula and a recipe book so you can venture into other bakes if you wish. What more could you need?
- There is a long cord so it can stretch across a surface if needed.
- It comes with lots of different attachments so you have everything that you need to make your cookie dough.
- The mixer and the attachments are nice and easy to clean after they have been used.
- The one touch speed control buttons mean that you can reach the faster speeds in the simple click of a button.
- It is lightweight and easy to use; you don’t want to be using a mixer that feels uncomfortable in your hands.
- It is slightly more expensive than others we have mentioned.
- It can be tricky to get all of the attachments and cords back into the storage container so this may take a little bit of work.
- 2X More Beater Surface Area: Increased surface area of the...
- This mixing set includes: two helix beaters, two dough...
- Reinforced Nylon Beaters: The helix beaters are made with...
Next up we have chosen the Black and Decker Helix premium hand mixer; its improved performance and the way that the beaters work to mix in an overlap manner make it ideal for mixing cookie dough and batters fast and efficiently.
It has an increased beater surface area so the attachments have more contact with the ingredients in the bowl and they mix them more thoroughly. These beaters are also really strong as they are made out of reinforced nylon, this makes them a lot more capable of beating heavier mixtures with ease.
With this mixer comes two helix beaters, two dough hooks, and a wire whisk. There are five different speed settings and also a turbo boost option. This is great as you can begin mixing at a slow speed before building up to the faster speeds, without creating lots of mess.
It also comes in a variety of different colors so it is bound to fit nicely into your color scheme as a nice feature on your kitchen counters.
- It retails for a good affordable price.
- There is a heel and bowl rest which keeps the mixture contained in the bowl and minimises the mess.
- It is nice and lightweight and ideal for making light cookie dough.
- The attachments are easy to remove and clean after they have been used.
- Reviews of this product show that customers were impressed with how powerful the mixer is.
- Some customers found that their mixture was left with a slightly uneven consistency so you may need to spend a little longer mixing your cookie dough together.
- 50% more power 350 watts of power beats the ingredients and...
- Half the mixing effort smartmix technology delivers an...
- Quick cleanup easy clean design has a completely sealed...
Our final choice is the Braun HM5100 Multimix hand mixer, with 350 watts it is definitely packed with power. The handle has a comfortable ergonomic grip giving you comfort and control whilst you mix your ingredients together.
Impressively it comes with Smartmix technology which shifts the weight of the mixer from your hands to the bowl thanks to its inline vertical motor design. This eases the pressure from having the weight of the mixer in your hands.
This is a great choice for cookie dough as it comes with all of the attachments that you need, including a whisk and beater. They are ideal from creating both lighter and thicker mixtures.
A nice feature of this mixer is how easy it is to clean. It is designed with a sealed housing system so that nothing gets into it whilst you are mixing, after all there’s nothing worse than having to spend ages after baking cleaning all the mix out of your appliance.
- The one handed vari-control makes it really easy to change between the different speed settings. Simply touching the button means that you can adjust the speed whilst you mix.
- It is easy to clean.
- Unlike some mixers the slow setting does actually go slow which is useful for when you begin mixing your cookie dough together as it stops the ingredients from going everywhere.
- The beaters are sturdily built so they work well at mixing thick dough’s too.
- It is lightweight which makes mixing those thicker recipes together a lot easier.
- It is pricier than some other hand mixers on the market.
- It can be slightly noisy when it is in use.
Best Hand Mixer For Cookie Dough – Buyers Guide
If you are looking to invest in a hand mixer then you will want to do your research prior to your purchase to ensure that you choose the best one for you.
We have done the work for you and listed some of the things that we would recommend you considering before choosing your hand mixer.
Different hand mixers will have different speed settings, some offering more than others. Typically they will all have slow starting speeds before gradually building up to the faster and more powerful speeds.
Starting off at a slow speed is important because it keeps all of the ingredients contained in the bowl and stops them from ending up all over the kitchen surfaces, like they would if you went straight in with a higher speed.
As cookie dough is slightly thicker in consistency you will want a speed that is capable of mixing the ingredients together with ease, without being too overpowering and leaving you with an over-mixed bowl of cookie dough.
You will find that different brands offer you hand mixers with different power wattage. We have included mixers above with different amounts of power. Those that have less may require you to work a little harder to mix your dough together.
The majority of the ones that we have listed above are around 220-275 watts. Remember that mixing your dough with a mixer that is too powerful will leave it looking rather clumpy and tough.
You want enough power to mix it well without overdoing it.
The style of the handle
As the name suggests, a hand mixer requires you to do the work by mixing your recipes together using your hands. Therefore it is important to choose a mixer that is easy to hold and doesn’t leave your hands aching after a few minutes, especially with cookie dough as this is a thicker consistency to mix.
A soft grip handle is ideal as this gives you comfort as well as control. You may also find ones that come with ergonomic grips.
Having a good selection of attachments gives you plenty of choice in what you use to mix your cookie dough together, however it is important to note that the whisk and dough hooks can be too powerful for mixing dough so it is better to use the flatter attachments instead.
Many of the products that we have included above come with storage compartments under the body of the mixer.
These are ideal as they ensure that everything is kept together in one place and it doesn’t take up lots of space in your kitchen, you can simply pop all of the attachments and cords inside the compartment.
Easy to clean
For many people, cleaning is the worst part about baking. You’re busy having fun making your cookies before remembering the washing up that is about to follow.
Therefore having a mixer that is easy to clean with detachable parts makes this part a whole lot easier. A hand mixer that is dishwasher safe is also an added bonus.
The cost of hand mixers can vary rather significantly depending on the brand. Some will be really good value for money and ideal for those on a budget and others may be slightly more expensive.
For those that want a simple and affordable mixer then there are plenty of budget options available and they are just as effective in mixing your recipes together. Some people may choose to invest into a more expensive mixer and there are many available for these budgets too.
It is also necessary to note that the price of some hand mixers may be reflected in what they offer you. More expensive mixers may offer you slightly more advanced features than a cheaper one.
Frequently asked Questions
Why is a hand mixer good for cookie dough?
A hand mixer is good for cookie dough because it allows you to mix recipes of thicker consistencies together faster and they are also a lot easier.
Cookie dough tends to be quite thick and dense in consistency too so this type of mixer is ideal for aiding you in this process without leaving you feeling like you’ve done an arm workout by the end.
Are hand mixers powerful?
Hand mixers aren’t as powerful as stand mixers which tend to be bigger in size. However, they are ideal for mixing together lighter ingredients and also work really well at mixing cookie dough together.
What does a hand mixer do?
A hand mixer is an appliance that is used to beat, mix and combine the ingredients of your recipe together using smooth rotating functioning blades which constantly turn and mix your recipe together.
Not only does a hand mixer make it a lot easier for you but it is also a lot quicker than mixing by hand too.
Are hand mixers easy to clean?
Not only is baking fun, it can also be super messy too. Having a hand mixer that is easy to clean makes the aftermath of your cookie baking a lot easier. Of course some will be easier to clean than others.
Choosing a mixer where the parts are easily detachable makes cleaning them a lot easier. Some mixers are also suitable for the dishwasher too.
How long will my hand mixer last?
This can differ between the brands and also the person using the mixer. If you take good care of your mixer it can last you a number of years before needing to be replaced. Also a sturdily designed mixer is likely to last you longer than one made using cheaper materials.