This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Non-stick pans have become an essential piece of cooking equipment for professional chefs and home cooks all over the world. This is due to their amazing ability to efficiently cook ingredients that are usually renowned for sticking to the pan and giving you the perfect results you’re after time and again.
However, some of these pans achieve their non-stick status by applying a chemical coating to the cooking surface which, more often than not, are actually fairly toxic to humans and can cause diseases such as cancer when allowed to build up over time.
This obviously makes using a non-stick pan a lot less safe or desirable, but without one you also run the risk of your ingredients sticking to your cookware and your recipe getting totally ruined.
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
But fear not – there is an alternative! There are many pans available that use natural or carefully engineered coatings to provide that non-stick surface without causing any toxic or chemical harm.
Finding one, however, can be a little bit tricky and before you know it you can find yourself lost in a jungle of jargon and wondering just what it is you need to look for when you’re trying to purchase a non-toxic, non-stick pan.
So, to help make things easier, we’ve done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of some of the very best non-toxic, non-stick pans available.
We’ve also put together a super useful buying guide that will help guide you through the intricacies of purchasing one of these amazing pans, and help you find the perfect one for your individual needs.
Carry on reading and pretty soon you’ll be cooking with confidence using a non-stick pan that is guaranteed not to put any harmful toxins or chemicals into your body.
Best Non-Toxic, Non-Stick Pan – Reviews
- Utilizes a stone-derived coating from Germany that is 100%...
- Eco-friendly pan delivers unprecedented non-stick...
- Features a hardened scratch-resistant coating that is super...
Available in six colors to suit any taste, and constructed using a custom formulated coating that has been derived from stone, this 12” Stone Earth Frying Pan from Ozeri gives you a 100% non-stick surface without using any chemicals such as APEO, PFOA, PFBS and other toxic chemicals.
The interior of the pan is made using durable, heavy gauge aluminum, which gives it a magnetized base and makes it suitable to use on all stove tops including induction hobs for rapid heat transfer.
A heat resistant handle made of silicon also makes using the pan extremely comfortable, and it is also attached to the body of the frying pan using three solid rivets, so you can rest assured that it will not easily come loose or snap off whilst you’re cooking.
It’s ingenious, chemical-free coating is not only amazingly non-stick, but is also scratch resistant. This means that you can use a variety of utensils without worrying about them causing damage to the pan’s surface.
It’s also super easy to clean simply by washing with dish soap and hot water.
- Uses a custom formulated stone coating to provide a non-stick cooking surface that’s totally free from any toxic chemicals
- The interior is constructed from heavy gauge aluminum that is suitable for use on induction hobs
- A heat resistant, silicon handle gives the pan a comfortable feel when in use
- It’s chemical-free coating is also scratch resistant, allowing you to use a variety of utensils without causing any damage to the pan
- Available in six colors and super easy to clean with hot water and dish soap
- Although this frying pan is really easy to clean, it is not dishwasher safe
- NSF-Certified commercial-grade 3004 heavy-gauge aluminum
- High-performance reinforced PFOA-free nonstick,...
- Riveted handle with removable, soft-grip red silicone sleeve
Ideal for cooking a variety of delicious dishes with ease, the Professional Restaurant Frying Pan from Tramontina provides you with a PFOA-free non-stick coating that gives you effortless cooking and easy cleaning.
Compatible with gas, ceramic, electric and induction hobs, this frying pan is constructed using heavy gauge aluminum that ensures heat is distributed evenly and quickly across the cooking surface.
It is also oven safe up to 400ºF, adding to it’s versatility.
The stainless steel handle is riveted to the pan for ultimate stability, and it also comes with a removable heat proof silicone sleeve which gives you an improved grip and allows you to safely transfer the pan in and out of the oven.
Available in four different sizes, this frying pan is NSF-Certified which means it meets the standards required for commercial use, and it’s satin exterior finish gives it an attractive, timeless look that will fit into any kitchen.
It also comes with a lifetime warranty, which is a testament to it’s quality.
- Has a PFOA-free coating that provides a non-stick cooking surface that’s free of any toxic chemicals
- Compatible with a variety of stoves including gas, ceramin, electric and induction
- Is also oven safe up to 400ºF
- The handle is riveted to the pan for extra stability, and comes with a removable heat proof silicone sleeve
- NSF-Certified, available in four different sizes and includes a lifetime warranty
- People that previously purchased this pan noted that the surface became slightly scratched when metal utensils were used with it, so you’d be better off using wooden or silicone utensils when cooking with this pan
- Our healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is...
- This tough, diamond-reinforced nonstick coating is...
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles are designed to stay cool on the...
Suitable for use on a range of stovetops including gas, electric, halogen and ceramic, as well as being oven safe up to 350º, this Ceramic Non-Stick Frying Pan from GreenLife gives you the opportunity to cook a variety of meals without any risk on ingesting toxic chemicals.
The non-stick surface has a Thermolon™ coating which is 100% chemical free when used at any temperature, and provides effortless food release from the pan and makes it incredibly easy to clean when you’re done cooking.
Available in a range of different sizes, this amazing frying pan also features Diamond Reinforced Technology, which enhances the non-stick performance, increases the pan’s durability and allows it to heat up faster.
A durable, aluminum body ensures the base of the pan is long lasting and provides even heat distribution across the cooking surface, and the soft-touch, stay-cool handle gives you additional comfort whilst you’re cooking.
- Suitable for use on gas, electric, ceramic and halogen stovetops, as well as oven safe up to 350°F
- A totally chemical free, Thermolon™ coating gives you a non-toxic, non-stick cooking surface
- Also features Diamond Reinforced Technology for enhanced performance and increased durability
- The aluminum build ensures even heat distribution and the soft-touch, stay-cool handle provides a comfortable cooking experience
- Available in a range of sizes, easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Although compatible with a range of stovetops, this frying pan cannot be used on an induction hob
- Enrich taste & protect your family - Did you know that most...
- Our safe & natural nonstick coating - After consulting with...
- Natural Gas? Electric? Glasstop? Propane? They are all the...
The non-stick cooking surface of this 11” Frying Pan with Glass Lid from DaTerra Cucina is constructed from 4 layers of forged volcanic mineral, providing you with a non-toxic coating that is also guaranteed to not peel off over time.
Suitable for use on a variety of stovetops, and oven safe up to 450ºF, this amazing frying pan provides you with ultimate versatility in the kitchen whilst ensuring that your food is never tainted by chemicals.
Meanwhile, the addition of a glass lid broadens your cooking options even further, and allows you to see what’s happening in the pan whilst your food cooks.
The body of the pan is constructed using 100% recycled aluminum, giving it a durable build that heats up quickly and distributes the cooking heat evenly. It’s also dishwasher safe, making cleaning up after cooking a total breeze.
A heat resistant silicone handle also provides you with a comfortable cooking experience, and allows you to safely transfer the pan in and out of the oven without worrying about accidentally injuring yourself.
- Has a non-stick coating made of forged volcanic mineral that provides you with a non-toxic cooking surface that is also guaranteed to never peel off
- Compatible with a wide variety of stovetops and oven safe up to 450ºF
- Includes a glass lid that gives you even more versatility in the kitchen and allows you to view your food as it cooks
- Constructed using 100% recycled aluminum for durability and even heat distribution
- Features a heat-resistant, silicone handle for ultimate comfort, and is dishwasher safe for an easy clean up
- Unlike some other non-stick pans, this frying pan is only available in one size
- ULTRA NON STICK & SCRATCH RESISTANT - The elegantly frying...
- CLASSY & ELEGANT DESIGN - Michelangelo's granite frying pan...
- HEATS QUICKLY & EVENLY - The nonstick frying pans is made of...
This super stylish Stone Earth Frying Pan Set from MICHELANGELO doesn’t only provide you with two differently sized pans that are non-stick and non-toxic, but their gorgeous blue marbled color will also look fantastic when used in any kitchen.
The interior of each pan is constructed using a granite style coating that is totally chemical free, as well as non-stick, non-abrasive and scratch resistant, making it ideal for healthy cooking and totally dishwasher safe.
Compatible with all stove tops including induction, gas and glass, the base of each pan is constructed in a triply fashion. This ensures ultimate durability, allows the pans to heat up quickly and evenly, and makes it incredibly lightweight to use.
These pans are also warp-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about them becoming damaged from excess heat.
The bakelite handles are beautifully crafted to give the appearance of dark wood, and are also ergonomically designed to provide you with a comfortable grip as you’re cooking.
- A set of two frying pans in a size of 9.5” and 11” that are designed in a beautiful blue, marbled color
- Each pan features a granite style coating that provides a non-stick cooking surface that is totally chemical free
- The non-stick, non-toxic coating is also non-abrasive, scratch resistant and dishwasher safe
- Compatible with all stove tops and constructed in a triply design for ultimate durability and even heat distribution
- Features bakelite handles constructed to give the appearance of dark wood and ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip
- Although suitable for use on multiple stovetops, these frying pans are not oven safe
Best Non-Toxic, Non-Stick Pan – Buyers Guide
Getting a non-stick pan that is guaranteed to not leach out any harmful chemicals into your food doesn’t have to be an impossible task, and there are plenty of fantastic options to choose from.
However, there are a few things you should give some thought to when you’re shopping for one that will help you find the perfect non-toxic, non-stick pan for your kitchen. Below, we’ve outlined some of these points which, when taken into consideration, will help you make an informed decision the first time around.
The first thing you need to look at when you’re purchasing a non-toxic, non-stick pan is the coating that has been applied to the interior cooking surface.
The coating will determine whether or not any toxic chemicals will leach out into your food during the cooking process, so it’s an incredibly important thing to pay attention to.
Any pan that has a non-stick coating such as PFOA, APEO or PFBS are all considered to be toxic, and as such should be avoided as much as possible when cooking.
Instead, look for a pan that has a natural non-stick coating, such as volcanic mineral or graphite, or a man-made coating that is guaranteed to be non-toxic, such as Thermolon™.
With these coatings you’ll be able to cook at any temperature without worrying about harmful chemicals tainting your food and becoming ingested.
Once you’ve decided which non-stick coating is best for you, you need to give some thought to the material the body of your pan is constructed from.
There are a few options available, however the most commonly used material is aluminum. This is a fantastic material as it is naturally durable and will be able to provide you with a tough piece of kitchen equipment that won’t easily break or get damaged when frequently used, but is lightweight enough to use comfortably.
Aluminum is also a really good material to look for in the construction of your pans as it is able to heat up really quickly, allowing you to get on with your cooking much faster, and will also ensure that the heat from your stovetop is evenly distributed across the cooking surface.
This eliminates the chances of getting hot or cold spots, and gives you the perfect temperature right across the pan.
You’ll also notice that non-stick, non-toxic pans are available in a variety of sizes, and it’s worth giving some thought to the size that suits your lifestyle and cooking habits best. For example, if you have a large family that you’re cooking for then it would be best to go for a larger sized pan.
Likewise, if you’re only cooking for yourself or for yourself and your partner, then a smaller frying pan would potentially be the best option.
It’s also worth thinking about the size of your kitchen and the amount of cupboard space you have available when looking at the size of your pans as well. A smaller pan will take up much less space, and will leave you with more room for storing other cooking equipment.
However, if you’ve got a larger kitchen or are happy to leave your pans on your stovetop when they’re not in use, then a larger one would be absolutely fine.
Pans are usually measured in inches, and this measurement is the diameter of the pan. This is the width area directly across the top of the pan.
Not all pans are compatible with all types of stovetops, so it’s really important that you research this before you make your final purchase.
The most difficult stovetop to purchase for is an induction hob, and this is usually down to the fact that most cookware hasn’t yet caught up with the impressive, fast-heating technology that is used in induction cooking.
However, there are still many non-stick, non-toxic pans that are compatible with induction hobs, so there is still hope if you have one! If you’re unsure or can’t seem to find any information on the pan’s compatibility, look at the base of the pan.
Pans that are compatible with induction hobs have a series of small, round dimples on the bottom as a standard design rule, however it is also worth checking with the company’s care line before purchasing too.
Another thing to consider is whether you need to be able to transfer your pan from the stovetop and into the oven. This is a particularly useful feature for creating more intricate recipes, like searing a beef joint before roasting it for example.
A lot of non-stick, non-toxic pans are oven safe up to around 450ºF, so if you’re looking to expand your cooking options and create a plethora of delicious recipes, then an oven safe pan is definitely a good option to go for.
Take some time as well to consider whether you’d like your pan to come with a lid as well. Just like getting an oven-safe pan, a pan that comes with a lid will also help to expand your cooking options and give you the opportunity to create more recipes.
If you do decide to go for a pan that comes with a lid, then the best option is to find one that is made of glass. This will allow you to look at what is happening within the pan as your ingredients cook, and will help you judge when it’s ready.
Some lids also feature a small hole on the top, which is designed to allow steam to escape and prevent overboiling. This is useful when you’re cooking foods such as pasta, rice or boiling water for vegetables.
You’ll want to be able to comfortably use your pan as well, so it’s important to pan attention to the construction of the pan’s handle.
An ergonomically designed handle is a good option to go for, as it will have been constructed to mold to the contours of your hand and prevent any hand or wrist strain over prolonged use.
Materials such as bakelite and silicon are also a fantastic option to go for when looking at the handle, as they have heat-resistant qualities and will keep the handle cool to the touch regardless of what temperature you’re cooking with.
Some pans even include removable silicone sleeves that can be placed around the handle of the pan and used to safely transfer it to and from the oven without risking any accidental injuries, as well as keeping the handle at a safe temperature and preventing it from getting any heat damage.
It’s quite likely that you’ll also want your pan to fit in with the design of your kitchen, so the style and aesthetics of it are another important thing to pay some attention to.
Luckily, there are many different colors and styles available to choose from so there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to find something that will match the look of your kitchen as well as provide you with fantastic non-stick, non-toxic performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are non-stick pans toxic?
Some non-stick pans use a chemical coating, such as PFOA, which has been shown to release chemicals into food when used and cause a harmful build up on toxins in the body.
However, there are some non-stick pans that use natural coatings in order to provide a non-stick cooking surface, and these do not contain any toxicity levels.
What is the best non-stick cookware that is non-toxic?
The very best non-toxic, non-stick cookware will be anything that has been made with a natural coating or natural materials to provide it’s non-stick cooking surface.
Materials such as volcanic minerals and graphite are perfect for this. There are, however, some man-made coatings that are also non-toxic, such as Thermolon™.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.