This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
When it comes to finding the perfect cooking utensils, there are so many choices. Do you go for some classic wooden spoons, or perhaps some timeless stainless steel? What about colored plastic utensils?
One choice that has proved very popular of late is silicone! Silicone cooking utensils are versatile and trendy, meaning more and more people are choosing these over some of the more traditional choices.
When you do a simple internet search for silicone cooking utensils, the sheer amount of choices that are placed in front of you are enough to make you want to shut down your computer and go and use your hands as utensils!
Don’t worry though, because we are here to save the day! Our years of experience regarding all things kitchen related has led us to have a pretty good idea of what silicone utensil sets are worth our money…and what ones are not!
In this article we are going to be reviewing five of the very best silicone cooking utensils around, letting you know exactly what makes them so awesome.
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
We will also be providing you with a handy Buyers’ Guide full of all the factors you should be taking into consideration when you are buying your silicone cooking utensils, and ensuring you are well equipped to buy the best set possible.
As if that wasn’t enough we also have a Frequently Asked Questions section at the end of our article to answer any of your burning questions.
So, if you are on the lookout for a new set of cooking utensils and have been considering investing in some silicone ones, then this article will be perfect for you! Without further ado…Here are our top picks!
Our top pick just had to be this Basics Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set by Starpack. Here’s what we loved about it:
- It includes five utensils that everyone needs in their repertoire for basic cooking, baking and serving
- The silicone is guaranteed to be 100% free of BPA and is of high-quality food grade
- It can withstand very high temperatures up to an impressive 480 degrees Fahrenheit
- They are dishwasher safe for your convenience
- NO MORE CHEAP, UNHYGIENIC KITCHEN TOOLS – These...
- SAFE AND HEALTHY FOR YOUR FAMILY – Basics Range means we...
- BE INSPIRED TO LOVE COOKING AGAIN - Your stylish new tools...
The StarPack Basics Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set is the perfect starter pack for someone looking to introduce silicone cooking utensils into their kitchen.
Whilst the set is not advanced, it includes all of the everyday basics you will need for cooking such as a spatula, a mixing spoon, a spoonula, a ladle and a slotted spoon.
You can serve and cook to your heart’s content with this set. They are made from solid silicone, promising bacteria free cooking as they won’t harbor or hold on to those harmful germs.
The high-quality silicone is guaranteed to be 100% free of BPA and is safety tested to be heat resistant up to temperatures of 480 degrees fahrenheit for the basic version or an impressive 600 degrees fahrenheit for the premium version.
They are dishwasher safe and come in three different colors. The ‘cherry red’ sets are by far the most popular and are our favorites too!
- A choice between premium and basic so you can choose the heat-resistance most needed for you
- They are super easy to clean by hand or through the dishwasher
- Flexible enough to ensure that they do not scratch your pans, but still firm enough to cut through dishes such as lasagne when needed for serving
- The handles are sturdy and a great length to ensure easy maneuverability
- The set is basic and features just 5 different utensils, so not a great choice if you are looking for an overhaul of your whole utensil collection
- 【Complete Professional Kitchen Utensil Set】-38PCs...
- 【Food Grade Silicone & BPA Free】-The cooking utensils...
- 【The Wooden Handle & Soft Silicone Head】-The wooden...
Now, if a complete utensil overhaul is what you’re looking for, then this set by Docgrit is for you!
With 38 different pieces and including hooks to hang up the utensils if you wish, you are sure to be the envy of all of your friends.
It includes the basic cooking and serving equipment such as spatulas and spoons, as well as some bonus tools like a whisk, tongs, a basting brush and pasta server.
As if that wasn’t enough it also features some measuring spoons, a grater, and even some silicone oven mitts – impressive, right?! The silicone is certified food grade and BPA free, assuring you that it is safe to use.
The handles are made from sturdy, ergonomically shaped wood ensuring comfort and protection from high temperatures. The silicone is heat resistant up to 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Super easy to clean by hand washing
- Good quality materials used for all of the utensils
- A huge variety of different kitchen tops to suit all your kitchen needs
- They look stylish and sleek thanks to the wooden handles and dark grey silicone parts
- They are not recommended for use in the dishwasher as this can damage them or lessen the life of the utensils
- The High Quality Kitchen Utensils Includes :1 x Pasta Fork,...
- HEAT RESISTANT AND DURABILITY:This spatula set are heat...
- HIGH MATERIAL:This spatula sets is made of FDA Compliant...
This colorful set of silicone cooking utensils is a great choice for anyone wanting to add a dash of pizzazz to their kitchen decor.
These utensils are made from superior silicone that is guaranteed to be BPA free, non-stick, and heat resistant up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit.
The silicone is food grade, ensuing the safety of you and your family when you are cooking and serving with them. They are a hygienic choice as the silicone does not harbor bacteria.
The design is ergonomic for your comfort. The cleaning of these utensils is super simple thanks to them being dishwasher safe.
The set includes a total of 11 different utensils, providing everything you need for your kitchen such as a slotted spoon, spatulas, mixing spoons, and even a brush!
- Well made utensils to ensure longevity
- Bright colors to add a pop of color to any kitchen
- Heat resistant to an impressive 480 degrees Fahrenheit
- A good mixture of different utensils for all needs
- They are a little on the small side, so bear this in mind if you have large hands. The handles are a little short which could cause issues when cooking with them over high heat
- Professional Silicon Kitchen Utensil Set : Our Kitchen...
- Food Grade Material : Silicone Spatula Set are made of...
- Premium Quality : Kitchen Utensil Set is resistant to...
This silicone cooking utensils set by Ailuki is a great choice if you are looking for a completely new load of utensils.
They are also a great choice if you are moving into your first home and need to start afresh!
The set has an impressive amount of different utensils that ensures you have everything you need in your kitchen from spatulas and spoons, to brushes and oven mitts, as well as a handy storage space!
The silicone used is food grade and is guaranteed to be BPA free, as well as ensuring it will not harbor harmful bacteria.
The handles are made from durable stainless steel that is anti-rust and anti-deformation.
The utensils are all heat resistant up to 446 degrees Fahrenheit and easy to clean via hand washing.
- Available in 6 different colors to suit your kitchen
- A great choice for non stick pans as the silicone is gentle enough for them
- The construction is sold and durable
- Great value for money thanks to the amount of different utensils you get with this set
- Not recommended for use in a dishwasher which may cause an issue for some people who prefer the convenience of dishwashing items
- Kitchen utensils set includes 1 Spoon, 1 Spoonula, 1...
- Best quality material chosen that would last life time -...
- All silicone parts are heat resistant up to 240 degree...
This simple, rustic set of five cooking utensils is the perfect choice if you are looking for the durability of wood and the safety of silicone.
The natural acacia wood handles are sturdy, and the food grade high quality silicone will be the perfect choice for those delicate non stick pans.
The simple set provides you with the basics you need for cooking with the spoonula, spatula, spoon, slotted spoon and turner.
The utensil comes in a choice of four different colors for the BPA-free silicone part of them, allowing you to choose the color that best suits your kitchen.
Whether you are baking, mixing, cooking, frying or simply just dishing up, this is the perfect set for you!
- Very sturdy design thanks to the solid wood handles
- The design is very rustic, fitting in with the popular rustic decor of today thanks to the acacia wood handles. You can choose from four different colors for the silicone part of the utensils
- Heat resistant up to 464 degrees Fahrenheit, making them the perfect choice for all types of cooking and serving
- They are easy to clean via hand washing, and gentle enough for noon-stick pans
- Because of the natural wood handles, this set is not recommended for use in the dishwasher. It also does not have much variety, containing just five basic utensils
Best Silicone Cooking Utensils Set Buying Guide
What utensils are included?
The first factor to consider when looking for the perfect set of silicone cooking utensils is what you want the set to include. This will depend on your own cooking needs.
If you want the set for the purpose of baking as opposed to the general recipe following, then it is likely that the focus will be far more on spoons, mixing spatulas, and whisks.
For food preparation, you may prefer to look for silicone tongs, or slatted spoons, as well as some slatted spatulas for frying. You may also want to consider whether you need serving utensils too, such as a scoop for liquids.
There is no right or wrong choice when it comes to this consideration and the decision will be a personal one.
Color and Style
As frivolous as this may sound to many people, it can be really important to us that our kitchen equipment all matches up.
If you have a kitchen filled with the latest rose gold or copper trend equipment, then you can try to find some silicone utensils that match with this.
This may be especially important if you keep your utensils out on your worktops for all to see! There is so much choice out there for silicone cooking utensils, so there is no reason why you can not find a set in your favorite color.
It may also be worth considering whether you want a light color silicone or dark color. Whilst light colors might go with your kitchen decor, they are also going to be more likely to stain!
Imagine those bright white silicone spoons stained with spaghetti sauce and pesto! Not a good look, is it? Darker colors will be less prone to staining.
If you tend to cook foods that stain, such as curries or tomato-based meals, then consider dark colors over light ones.
It goes without saying that when you are buying cooking utensils, they have to be suitable for…well…cooking! Make sure that any silicone utensils that you buy can withstand the heat at which you plan to cook.
Of course, most silicone cooking utensils will have this as a guarantee anyway and would have undergone rigorous testing to ensure that they are safe for this usage.
However, it doesn’t hurt to be extra careful and double check that they are suitable.
Ensure that your silicone utensils are guaranteed to have undergone safety checks, both in terms of heat resistance like we discussed above, and in terms of the materials used to create them.
Ensure that your silicone utensil set specifies that it is BPA-free and that it is certified as ‘food-grade’. This will give you the reassurance that you can safely cook with it.
The size of the utensils you need will depend on what you are cooking. This relates to the first point we made about the types of utensils you want in your set.
As well as the types, consider the size. For example, you can get different sized spatulas and spoons that will be suitable for different things.
You may want to consider getting a set with some small utensils and some big ones to suit all needs.
The great thing about silicone cooking utensils is the fact that they are flexible, and far less rigid than their metal or wooden counterparts.
This means that your pots and pans are far less likely to get scratched up by them. Ensure that they are flexible enough for your needs, with plenty of give in them.
There’s nothing worse than standing in the kitchen whipping up some cream by hand with an uncomfortable utensil!
That’s a one-way ticket to hand blisters! Look out for a cooking utensil set that features an ergonomic grip and will be comfortable for you to hold.
Convenience is key in this day and age, and ideally, we want all of the new kitchen equipment we buy to fit in with our lifestyles. Therefore, you should think about how easy your new utensils will be to clean.
If you are a dishwasher convert and haven’t hand washed a dish for years, then you need to make sure that your utensils are compatible with this lifestyle!
If hand washing your cooking equipment doesn’t bother you, this might not be such a huge deal, but it’s definitely something to consider.
After all, you don’t want to accidentally melt your new silicone cooking utensils set because you’ve put it in the dishwasher when you shouldn’t have!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do silicone utensils melt?
Technically silicone utensils can melt if they are subjected to temperatures higher than the recommended maximum temperature.
Generally, provided you follow these instructions, your utensils are not likely to melt.
They are thoroughly tested (provided you buy them from a reputable source like those listed in this article), and this testing ensures that they are certified to be safe up to certain temperatures.
Are silicone utensils safe?
Provided your silicone utensils are guaranteed to be food-grade, then yes, they are safe for use!
Food-grade or food-safe silicone utensils will have undergone rigorous testing to ensure that they are compatible with different cooking methods and heats.
You can sue them with peace of mind, safe in the knowledge that they have been tested by professionals. Look for silicone utensils that are BPA-free to ensure their safety.
What is the highest heat silicone utensils can withstand?
The answer to this question will be totally dependent on what utensils you are using, as each set may have slightly different maximum recommended temperatures.
Some of the sets we have seen claim that they can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Some are a little less than this.
Check your owner’s manual or the product description of your particular set to ensure you know the maximum temperature for your particular set.
We hope that you have found our article about the Best Silicone Cooking Utensils Set useful and that we have helped you to find your perfect set for your own kitchen!
Remember, if the lust of products did not reveal the ideal set for you, you can use our in-depth Buyers’ Guide to help you find the best one for your needs, and refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section to answer any queries you may have.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.