This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
A single auger juicer (sometimes referred to as a masticating juicer) works by using a single auger or gear. They typically work quite slow and will chew the food up instead of chopping it into pieces like a regular blender would do. This means more nutrients are left in the food, which is better for your health and also tastes better too.
They are also more efficient than other juicers such as centrifugal juicers. Which means you get more juice out of the foods you put in. You can often see this clearly when examining the pulp after you have used the juicer as it is drier than with other juicers.
Some other advantages of single auger juicers include:
– They work a lot quieter than other juicers.
– Because they run so slow, it won’t oxidase the food meaning more nutrients are kept within it.
– The slow process doesn’t create as much foam as other juicers can.
– The taste of the juice is generally better and has more of a rich taste.
– Many of them will also juice greens too, so you can have your favorite green drink each day.
– You typically get more juice out of the same amount of food than you would with other types of juicers.
There are only a couple of disadvantages of single auger juicers to bare in mind:
– They can be more expensive than centrifugal juicers.
– They are usually heavier and larger in size than other juicers.
But if you want to get better tasting juice that is packed with more nutrients then it may be a small price to pay for all the health benefits.
Single Auger Juicer Reviews
There are, as you can imagine, lots of brands and models of juicers to choose from. So to help you decide we have researched more than 30 of the top selling ones on Amazon and picked out what we consider to be the 3 best single auger juicers currently for sale on the site.
Here they are in reverse order:
- Scrub-Free Cleaning: Say good bye to small holes on the...
- Tilted Chamber & Juice Outlet: The 3-degree tilt inside the...
- Pulp Outlet: Pulp outlet will open 180 degrees so that you...
This is one of the more affordable models available and uses the Hurom cold-pressing system which extracts 35% more juice when compared with centrifugal juicers.
It operates at 80 RPM and will slowly extract all the juice out of the food you put into it. Leaving you with a lot more minerals and nutrients to consume. It is quite versatile and you can insert fruits, vegetables, beans, greens and nuts to make not just great tasting juices but also baby foods, marinades and sauces with ease.
This particular model is quite compact in size and very affordable.
- Single auger turns at a low 80 RPMs to retain nutrients.
- The two stage juicer system extracts the most juice out of...
- Auto-Cleaning System. Easy to Use. Easy to clean. Removable...
Omega are one of the leading brands of juicers and the Omega VRT330 Dual-Stage Vertical Juicer is also one of the most popular.
It is a single auger masticating juicer that works at 80 RPM to squeeze every last nutrient out of the food you put in without destroying it like other juicers can do. It has an auto pulp ejection system which keeps it working without stopping and a reverse mode which is very useful in case of blockages.
You can use this model with a whole range of foods including vegetables, fruits, leafy greens including wheatgrass. It too is quite a compact size and wouldn’t be a problem fitting onto any kitchen work surface. It is really easy to assemble and clean.
- Low speed, 80 RPM masticating style juicing system. Juicer...
- Dual stage juicer. First, juice is extracted by crushing the...
- Economical since the juicer is so efficient and productive,...
If you want something a bit more substantial for regular use, then the Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Juicer might just be what you need.
Like the models above, it works at 80 RPM which is very slow, making sure it squeezes all the juice out of the food without eliminating nutrients at the same time. It is a dual stage model, which means it first crushes the food to extract the juice, then squeezes the remaining pulp to extract even more juice and nutrients before ejecting it into one of two containers. That makes this model one of the most efficient ones you can currently buy.
Due to the low speed it runs at, it means there is little foam created and you just get more great tasting juice each time. The juice can be stored for up to 3 days too and will still taste great even then. There is a reverse function in case something gets clogged, which will remove it very easily.
As you can see, there are a wide range of benefits that single auger juicers provide. Whilst they may be slightly more expensive than centrifugal juicers, you get a lot more nutritional benefits out of the juice they create. That is why they are becoming ever more popular with health conscious people all over the world.
The models we have reviewed above are all available on Amazon where you can compare them with other models and read the customer reviews from people who have purchased and used them. This should make it a lot easier for you to decide which one is the best single auger juicer for your needs.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.