Hey, I’m Rich!
I entered the world of online business a few years ago. I started off with a personal finance blog that never took off and made the jump into food blogging in September of 2019.
I’m not just a blogger though. Most importantly, I’m a husband and a brand new dad as of March 9th, 2021 when we welcomed our daughter Hadley into the world!
I also work full-time at a church in Houston, TX as a pastor and I’m wrapping up my last year of grad school where I’m getting my masters in theology.
I have no ambition to leave my day job to work online because I love ministry and I’m most passionate about my work in the church.
I started my blog with the goal to make money for all kinds of reasons:
- Give my wife the choice to stay home with our kids if she wants to
- Pay our house off early
- Save more for retirement
- Be incredibly generous to causes and people we care about.
Long-term, we want to help fund adoptions, support missionaries abroad, and new church plants here at home.
This whole online business will hopefully give us financial independence and the means to be generous whenever a need comes up.
I share all of this because I want whoever works with me to understand my goals and the mission of what we’re doing beyond just building and growing websites.
Even though we want to be generous with the income we bring in online, I’m not running a charity! I fully believe that people deserve to be paid well for the value they bring in.
Background on Meal Prepify
Meal Prepify began with the goal to build the leading website for meal prep recipes and cooking advice.
Our Mission: We want to help people meal prep today, save time tomorrow, and eat healthy for life.
After six months of pursuing this, we realized that people also needed help knowing what kitchen tools and cookware were worth the money!
We want to help people find kitchen products that are durable, worth the money, and will help them have a kitchen they love to cook in.
Our goal is to create a portfolio of sites that focus on helping people solve basic, every-day problems and meet every-day needs.
If you’re interested in this role, carefully read through this overview and then email me at [email protected]
- Tell me about yourself! Family, background, where you live, and what you do
- Why you’re interested
- Short description of your experience working with websites (your own or others)
- Samples of content you’ve written or edited
- Include hourly pay rate
- Your hopes, dreams, and long-term goals
- Any questions you have about the role
I am looking for someone who would be the first VA to join my team for the long-term. They would play a role in both sites and future sites, but the focus would be on Meal Prepify because that’s the money maker.
This role is a critical position in our business that helps keep things running smoothly behind the scenes to help free up our precious time to work on bigger projects.
As the portfolio of sites grows, there is plenty of opportunity to expand responsibilities, workload, and compensation. This position has a high chance of added hours, work, and pay over the long-term.
- Ready to start immediately
- Must be dependable and able to work between 5-10 hours/week (outlined below)
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on your own
- High attention to detail
- Interested in long-term work (at least six months)
- Skilled at creating content
- Experience blogging on their own site or writing for others
- Basic grasp of wordpress
- Open to feedback
- Basic grasp of SEO
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
Hours: 5-10 hours a week with room to grow depending on skill set and availability
This person’s primary responsibilities would be
- Coordinating with our team of freelancers to manage and publish new content and
- Update and edit old content for better optimization and monetization.
Over time, responsibilities could expand to be more involved with SEO and email marketing. We will work with your own unique talent and skills. Tasks will be added according to what you love and excel in.
New Content Workflow
- Identify new content ideas using our filtering process
- Create comprehensive content outlines for freelance writers
- Communicate with my team of writers
- Edit, input, and format content before publication
- Work with my pinterest VA to have images created
- Internal links to newly published content
Content Improvement Tasks
- Update old content for SEO improvements
- Add and improve lasso boxes for content
- Update affiliate product placements that are expired or no longer available
- Content creation and writing from time to time
- Convert existing posts to new format
- Identify posts each month that need backlink priority
- Add backlinks to others periodically
Future or other responsibilities if capable or interested
- Executing site improvement plan on future site purchases
- Adding opt-ins to posts
- HARO requests
- Modify post layout, author boxes, category pages