This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Vitamix is one of the best blender brands on the market. They’re the undisputed champs in the blender game and for good reason. Their blenders are powerful, last forever, and come with an incredible warranty.
They have a series of blenders called the Explorian series. These blenders are more compact, a bit smaller, but come at a much lower price than other Vitamix blenders!
We’ve got an epic Vitamix E310 vs E320 comparison for you. These are two of the most popular Vitamix blenders to pick from in the Explorian series.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used to compare the two:
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter and whether the Vitamix E310 or E320 was the winner in each category.
We know how frustrating it can be to research products online.
Our goal is that you never have to return a product that we recommend because it’s exactly what you wanted.
Our team has spent over 50 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular blenders. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and reviews and we’ve personally tested dozens of different types of blenders. We’ve written over 60 articles helping people find the best blender for their specific needs.
Who Are The Vitamix E310 And E320 Best For?
In truth, the Vitamix E310 and E320 offer very similar performance and features. They’re both powerful blenders that are good enough to be used in professional settings. Regardless of the model you choose, you can be sure that your device is going to have exceptional blending capabilities.
The Vitamix E310 is perfect for…
- Smaller families. If capacity isn’t a major concern for you, then going for the slightly cheaper E310 model might be your best bet.
The Vitamix E320 is perfect for…
- Bigger households or those who like to meal prep. Since the E320 comes with a larger container and slightly more power, we’d probably recommend this device to families with lots of mouths to feed.
At the end of the day, the two blenders have been designed to cater to the same general market. You’re not going to miss out on any major features by choosing one of the models over another.
Should You Buy A Vitamix E310 Or E320?
For more affordability without sacrificing what makes Vitamix blenders the best, buying a Vitamix E310 or E320 is the way to go. Both the E310 and E320 are Vitamix’s version of an entry-level blender, but these two blenders offer all the quality, durability, and blending performance that Vitamix is known for.
The Vitamix E310 and E320 are the company’s budget blenders but are also the classic Vitamix blenders that made the brand famous. As with all Vitamix models, both the E310 and the E320 are high-performance, high quality, and high-speed additions that upgrade any home’s kitchen. But what sets one apart from the other is as much about the blenders as it is about you.
Both blenders offer a powerful motor, and nearly all the features are the same. So, the differences are in the details, and our comparison will help you figure out which Vitamix Explorian series blender, the E310 vs. E320, is the perfect one for your kitchen.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix E310
The Vitamix E310 Explorian blender is a beast of a machine. The aircraft-grade stainless steel blades have an impressive 3-inch cutting diameter and will decimate the toughest ingredients.
The E310’s variable speed control and pulse function take care of everything from frozen desserts and smoothies to salsa and purees. Anything you put in it comes out with perfect consistency and texture every time!
This blender is built to last – Vitamix is known for making some of the highest quality blenders on the market. You won’t need to replace this model in a hurry!
The E310 comes with a smaller container, making it the best choice for cooks who work with smaller batches. The e310 is also one of our favorite blenders for Acai bowls!
- Variable Speed Dial – Along with the pulse feature, there are ten variable speeds ranging from the roughest chop to the smoothest purees.
- Size – The 48-ounce container is perfect for blending smaller batches of food, such as for smaller families and 1 or 2 person meals.
- Usability – The blender has a 4.5-foot cord providing a great range of movement in the kitchen.
- Cleaning – Though not dishwasher safe, it is not difficult to clean the E310. Simply add some dish soap and use the pulse feature, and the E310 is ready to store or use again.
- Price – As far as Vitamix goes, this is the most affordable model.
- Made in the USA – Vitamix was founded over 100 years ago and has been based in Ohio since 1948.
- Size – Not the best option for medium to large meal preparations such as for large family meals, and is not the best model for large volume blending.
- Price – Compared to other similar-sized blenders, the E310 is a very pricey option.
- Volume – The E310 has a smaller container, and it doesn’t perform well if full.
- Not dishwasher safe – The E310 is not dishwasher safe and needs to be cleaned using the dish soap and blend cleaning method.
Quick Review Of The Vitamix E320
The difference the Vitamix E320 delivers is in volume and power.
The E320 has a more powerful motor delivering a better blend with higher volumes, and the container is far more considerable in size.
The Vitamix E320 is crafted with bigger aircraft-grade stainless steel blades to accommodate a voluminous 64-ounce pitcher. In addition to the E320 having 25% more blending capacity than the E310, the E320 can also utilize a personal cup attachment for small batches, such as protein shakes to take on the go.
- More Power – The Vitamix E320 is a high-speed and high-performance blender and is outfitted with a powerful 2.2 horsepower motor and 4-inch heavy-duty blades.
- Variable Speed Control – The more powerful motor truly maximizes the use of the ten variable speeds and pulse feature.
- Safety – The E320 offers an automatic overheat shut-off system.
- Cleaning – A rare Vitamix feature, the Vitamix E320 pitcher is dishwasher safe and can sit on the top rack. However, using the dish soap and blend cleaning method is recommended.
- Size – The 64-ounce container is great for blending medium batches and bigger family-style meals
- Reliability – The E320 comes with a 7-year warranty.
- Made in the USA – Like the E310, the E320 is American-made.
- Price – As with all Vitamix models, these are some of the most expensive blenders on the market.
- Noise – This is one of the loudest models of Vitamix blenders.
- Accessories – The personal cup attachment requires an additional and separate adapter, which, if lost, renders the personal cup attachment useless. The entire personal cup and adapter design is a bit confusing and can also be somewhat tricky to use.
Vitamix E310 Vs. E320: Key Differences
At the end of the day, the most important characteristic of a blender is power. A blender needs to destroy whatever it is you put in it. The difference in power between these two blenders is simply the motors; the Vitamix E320 has a more powerful 2.2 HP motor, along with the fact that it uses larger blades.
Both the E310 and E320 are great for virtually any food, raw or frozen, such as making nut butter, smoothies, hot soups, crushing ice, and even grinding coffee beans. But the E320 is the better choice for blending foods like bread or pizza dough.
The E310 is one of the best blenders for pureeing food!
The Vitamix E310 vs. E320 in regards to features is close to a draw. Both blenders are nearly the same. Both the blenders have an analog interface with ten variable speed dials and a pulse switch feature. They both have an on and off switch on the face of the blender as well.
The edge would have to be awarded to the E320, which also has the added safety feature of an automatic shut-off system in the event the blender overheats.
One of the biggest differences between the Vitamix E310 and E320 is the container.
- Are safety pitchers, meaning they are completely shatter-resistant to both heat and dropping.
- Provide full transparency to see the blending progress.
- Come with tampers designed to work precisely with each container.
Neither pitcher is made from glass. Both the E310 and E320 containers are polycarbonate pitchers made from premium quality Eastman Tritan Copolyester.
The E310 comes with a 48-ounce container and a 3-inch blending diameter.
The E320 has a larger 64-ounce lower-profile container and a 4-inch blending diameter.
The lids for both models are made of rubber and require pushing on or pulling off. Both lids are held on with rubber tabs that securely grab the edge of the pitcher. The E310 and E320 lids have a feed-through hole in them for either adding ingredients or using the tamper. Also, the drive mechanisms in both pitchers are crafted from the same quality of steel as the blades.
As an additional accessory option, Vitamix also makes stainless steel containers that are odor-resistant, stain-resistant, and non-reactive and work with all full-sized models. The stainless steel pitchers come with transparent lids but are only available in the 48-ounce size.
The one thing you can always count on with Vitamix is performance, and these two blenders are no different.
While Vitamix creates different models with various features and technology, the one thing all Vitamix models have in common is that they are some of the best-performing blenders on the market.
While these two Vitamix blenders may best be described as entry-level blenders, they will perform just as well as Vitamix’s more advanced models, such as the A3500.
Weight & Size
Both the Vitamix E310 and E320 are roughly the same size and come in at the same weight. Both blenders come in around 10.5 lbs and stand nearly a foot in height. Thus, both models will sit conveniently on the counter or are very easy to move in and out of storage when necessary.
As both the blenders are Vitamix’s entry-level blenders, the design and interface are nearly the same on both models.
The E310 and E320 have a classic blender design and implement the traditional analog blender controls. Both models have a variable speed dial, and with both, the pulse feature is a switch.
Read more: Vitamix Explorian vs Ascent Series
Blenders are not known to be the quietest of kitchen gadgets. While the more advanced Vitamix models have been upgraded with an improved airflow design or vibration-dampening technology that makes them quieter to operate, neither the E310 nor E320 has those upgrades.
Both the E310 and E320 generate noise that exceeds 90 decibels, which is louder than a typical lawnmower, but the E320 is much noisier than the E310. In fact, the E320 is one of Vitamix’s loudest blenders, but the e310 is one of the quietest Vitamix blenders.
There is no other way to say this; a Vitamix blender is a Vitamix blender.
Just as with blending performance, every Vitamix model is built to the same standard of quality craftsmanship and is backed up by a Vitamix warranty.
The decision about which Vitamix model to buy is never a compromise on quality. The various models simply offer more or fewer features and digital bells and whistles, but the foundation of the blender is the same across the board.
All Vitamix blenders are guaranteed by the company to last for years. The Vitamix E310 comes with a 5-year standard warranty, and the Vitamix E320 comes with a 7-year full warranty.
Both warranties cover in full all costs associated with parts, labor, performance, and shipping, both to the service center and back to the owner. In addition, the warranty covers both the motor base and the container from all defects and damages related to or caused by normal household kitchen use.
Neither of the two blenders is covered to any degree for use in professional or commercial kitchens.
It depends upon the size of your family as well as how much you use the blender and what you intend to use it for. The E310’s 48-ounce container is perfect for morning smoothies, mixing health drinks after training, the gravy for tonight’s dinner, and so on.
Yes, during the year, the Vitamix company conducts a few sales through their website. One of their biggest annual sales is called Vitamix Days. If you miss Vitamix Days, don’t worry, you can still catch some of the year’s best deals on the site’s Black Friday Sale.
Not all Vitamix blenders are dishwasher safe. Only the 20 and 40-ounce containers of the S-Series can be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher, and this includes the E320 discussed above. All other Vitamix blenders simply need a few drops of dish soap with warm water and turn on the blender to clean.
The Vitamix E310 vs. E320 smoothie competition is a near draw. Both the blenders offer variable speeds and are great for making healthy smoothies from either raw or frozen ingredients. The edge would have to go to the E320 if you have a lot of smoothies to make or have a lot of large frozen chunks to blend.
Read more: Best Blenders for Frozen Fruit Smoothies
At the end of the day, the final verdict is simple: you can’t go wrong buying any model of blender made by Vitamix.
As Vitamix builds all of its blenders to the same quality and performance standards, the question of which Vitamix is the perfect blender is really all about which model is perfect for you and your family’s needs.
The E310 and E320 Explorian model blenders are both great blenders and classic models that demonstrate what made Vitamix a leader in the industry.
For single people and small families, the E310 does a great job and is probably more blender than you need.
For larger families of 4 or more people, or simply for the home chef that really loves to cook a lot and experiment with various cuisines and styles of cooking, the E320 is a more suitable cooking tool.
Read more: Best Blenders for Making Hummus
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.