This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Are you tired of cooking with appliances meant to feed a family of 6? I totally get it. If you cook fried foods for yourself, you don’t need some of the larger air fryers available on the market. You need something big enough to get the job done and maybe have some leftovers for lunch.
We’ve got an epic review of the best air fryers for one person for you to pick from.
Here are the 3 main criteria I used:
- Size (duh)
- Cooking quality
At the end of the day, picking out the right air fryer isn’t rocket science. You need something that will work and won’t break the bank.
You can scroll down to my buyers guide to see why these criteria matter and which air fryers was the winner for each criteria.
My top two picks are:
- Overall best: Instant Vortex fryer. I love this air fryer for all the reasons you will. It’s the perfect size, works incredibly well, and will make you amazing food.
- Most affordable: Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer. If you’re tight on funds, but need a new air fryer–this is my go to option.
Today, I’m going to show you the very best air fryer for a a single person so that you can find the perfect one for you. After you buy an air fryer, go check out my list of air fryer meal prep ideas!
I know how frustrating it can be to research products online. My goal is that you never have to return a product that I recommend because it’s exactly what you wanted.
My team has spent over 20 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular air fryers. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and reviews and we’ve personally tested different air fryers from Ninja, Instant Pot, Chefman, Turbo, and more.
- 9 Best Air Fryers For One Person
- 1. Best Overall – Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 Air Fryer Black
- 2. Best for Space-Saving – CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart Air Fryer
- 3. Most Affordable – Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer
- 4. Best One-Touch Control Panel- Ninja AF101 Air Fryer 4 Qt
- 5. Best for Cooking Control and Versatility – Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer
- 6. Easiest to Clean – iRUNTEK Mini Small Air Fryer
- 7. Easiest to Use – Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer 3.4 QT Ceramic Coated Teflon Free
- 8. Best Air Fryer for Value – BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer
- 9. Sleek Design – Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer
- Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best Air Fryer for One Person?
- Common Questions About Small Air Fryers?
- Final Verdict: Which Air Fryer for One Person Should You Buy?
9 Best Air Fryers For One Person
1. Best Overall – Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 Air Fryer Black
In terms of functionality, few air fryers can compete with the Instant Vortex fryer. Easily one of the best air fryers for functionality, this 2-quart model is designed to help you perfect a range of recipes.
Choose from 4 versatile functions or connect your fryer to the impressive smartphone app that lets you select from a collection of free recipes. So, it’s clearly a great pick for the technology lovers out there!
The added functionality does mean that it’s harder to clean than the iRUNTEK air fryer, but the versatility more than makes up for this!
The Instant Vortex includes four functions that are easy to use and operate. These include the air fryer, grill, steamer, and warmer. The adjustable heating element has temperature settings from 120s degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for more precise results like that of a regular oven.
The Instant Vortex can cook up to 2 portions – perfect for singles or couples who don’t need to cook food for a large family.
This digital air fryer also comes with a dishwasher-safe pan, cooking basket, and filter that make cleanup a breeze.
- Impressive functionality – choose from 4 unique cooking functions or use the free smartphone app.
- Multiple design choices – this superb air fryer is available in a choice of 4 eye-catching colors.
- Can be hard to clean – the supplied basket is not 100% dishwasher-friendly.
- 4-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, broil, roast and reheat.
- EvenCrisp TECHNOLOGY: Advanced technology that drives air flow top down for a perfect golden finish...
- ONE-TOUCH SMART PROGRAMS: Customizable programs for one-touch wings, roasted veggies, garlicky...
2. Best for Space-Saving – CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart Air Fryer
The size of your air fryer can be extremely important, especially if you only have limited space in your kitchen. Fortunately, the Chefman Ultra-Compact air fryer is an exceptional option for anyone looking for a compact model.
The sleek cooker lets you quickly and easily prepare your favorite dishes without added fat or calories. Save up to 98% of the oil – or even none at all – while still achieving the same crispy, satisfying texture.
This 2-quart air fryer offers just enough cooking capacity for a single person. It’s also extremely easy to clean and offers a range of cooking settings. The dial system used is beginner-friendly but lacks the versatility of other air fryers, such as the Elite Gourmet fryer.
Despite this setback, this stainless steel air fryer has a non-stick coating, making it easy to clean and maintain. It also has a cool-touch handle and an auto shut off function, ensuring your safety while you cook.
It’s great for small families in a small space – even those with the tiniest kitchens are sure to be happy to give up some of their precious space for this nifty gadget!
- Small and compact design – easy to store and won’t take up too much valuable space in your kitchen.
- Easy to maintain – both the basket and the tray are dishwasher safe, so you don’t need to spend hours scrubbing this fryer down.
- Lacks multiple cooking functions – this air fryer could use a few extra cooking functions, such as a reheat button.
- SUPREME SPACE-SAVER: Spacious 2-quart capacity is housed in a sleek, narrow design to keep its...
- HEALTHY COOKING: Say goodbye to excess oil and fat, and hello to healthy, irresistible cooking....
- SAFETY FIRST: Use the rubber handle to effortlessly glide your fry basket in and out of position...
3. Most Affordable – Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer
Finding a budget option that can compete with premium models feels fantastic, and that’s exactly what the Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer offers. With functionality that can compete with the best air fryers at a fraction of the price, this is a budget shoppers’ dream!
Rapid air technology lets you air fry dishes in minutes, and the 2-quart basket is just enough cooking space for most dishes. Although it can’t quite outperform the Instant Vortex fryer, this fryer is more than worth its asking price.
If you’re not quite sure if an air fryer is for you – pick this one. You won’t lose much if you decide it isn’t for you (but I’m sure you’ll love it!). This one is also on my list of the best air fryers under $50!
- Budget-friendly option – lets you air fry most dishes without costing you a fortune.
- Rapid-air technology – means each dish can be cooked to perfection when using the right temperature settings.
- Small cooking capacity – the 2-quart basket may not be large enough for some dishes.
- EFFORTLESS COOKING: Our Copper Chef Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from...
- WHAT’s THE SECRET: Rapid Air Technology enables The Copper Chef Power AirFryers to surround your...
- FEATURES: SERVES 1-2 SERVINGS- 2 Quart Easy Load Basket with Non Stick Coating with Time and...
4. Best One-Touch Control Panel- Ninja AF101 Air Fryer 4 Qt
If you have never used an air fryer before, you may be quickly overwhelmed with all the buttons you find on some models. In terms of ease of use, the Ninja AF101 is one of the most beginner-friendly options on the market.
It features a one-touch control panel that is easy to use while still offering versatility. The 4-quart cooking capacity is an excellent bonus as this is more than enough space for any solo meal.
It also comes with a range of accessories, such as a cookbook, to help you make the most of your purchase.
The main letdown of this otherwise fantastic model is its price, especially compared to cheaper models such as the Copper Chef Turbo!
If you consider yourself a bit of a technophobe, this simple-to-use model will be right up your street!
- Innovative one-touch control panel – quickly select your preferred settings without needing to read a lengthy instruction manual.
- Large cooking capacity – the 4-quart cooking basket offers more than enough space for a large solo meal.
- A wide range of temperatures
- Racking is multi-layered
- Suitable for dishwashers
- Could be cheaper – although it’s not as expensive as some air fryers on the market, it could still be a little more affordable.
- Now enjoy guilt free food; Air fry with up to 75 percent less fat than traditional frying methods;...
- Wide temperature range: 105 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit allows you to gently remove...
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 pounds of french fries. Cord length...
5. Best for Cooking Control and Versatility – Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer
Versatility is extremely important in the kitchen, especially if you plan on trying a range of recipes. This Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer offers unprecedented levels of control suitable for chefs of all skill levels. You’ll love fried foods’ crispy, crunchy taste with little or no oil mess. This fryer is also easy to use and clean. Its removable basket allows you to cook various foods, including meats, vegetables, seafood, and more.
The dial system lets you quickly select an air frying time that suits you, while the auto-shutoff function prevents burnt food. So, this is a great pick for busy individuals!
The capacity could be a little larger, such as the 4-quart Dreo air fryer, but overall this is still an impressive air fryer.
Finally, this compact air fryer comes with an instruction manual, which you can read through and familiarize yourself with the appliance before using it.
- High levels of control – quickly select the perfect cooking time for your food using the handy dial.
- Air filtration system – the integrated filtration system prevents nasty odors when frying food.
- Durable: The fryer is made of durable materials and is designed to last.
- Small cooking capacity – the 2-quart cooking capacity may struggle to fry some larger meals.
- COMPACT SIZE: The PFOA/PTFE free non-stick pan and rack hold 2.1Qt or up to 1.5lb of food Perfect...
- HEALTHY EATING by cooking with 85% less oil for fat-free delicious meals. Same flavor and crispy...
- ADJUSTABLE TIME/TEMP gives you the ultimate in cooking control and versatility allowing you to fry,...
6. Easiest to Clean – iRUNTEK Mini Small Air Fryer
Cleaning the remnants of fried foods off some air fryers such as the Elite Gourmet fryer can be a pain, especially if your chosen model isn’t dishwasher safe. Thankfully, this isn’t an issue with the incredible iRUNTEX mini air fryer.
This fryer features a dishwasher-friendly deep frying basket, a perfect timesaver. On top of this, the unique 360-circulating hot air function lets you cook your favorite dishes in minutes.
It also has an adjustable temperature range from 175-400 degrees Fahrenheit and an adjustable timer from 0-30 minutes. The iRUNTEK Mini Air Fryer also features a recipe book that gives you ten recipes for fried foods to try out with your air fryer.
Last but not least, this air frying appliance comes standard with an auto shut-off feature and cool touch handle for added safety.
So, if you’re looking for the ultimate in convenience, this is the model for you!
This fryer’s accessibility may not be on par with the Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer, but it’s still a worthy investment for any budding chef!
- Easy to clean design – with a dishwasher-friendly basket and a modular design, cleaning this air fryer is incredibly easy.
- 360 air circulation system – this efficient system is perfect if you don’t want to wait hours to air fry your food.
- Complicated instruction manual – the instruction manual provided with this air fryer can be overcomplicated.
- Limited timing function – The timer can only be set for up to 30 minutes, so some dishes may require multiple cycles of cooking.
- Compact Size Design - Our small air fryer can hold up to 1.3 Qt or 4/5 lb of food, perfect for one...
- Healthier - Use this mini compact air fryer for 85% less fat than traditional frying and keep your...
- Universal Use - Manual 30-minute integrated timer is a perfect kitchen appliance for picky eaters,...
7. Easiest to Use – Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer 3.4 QT Ceramic Coated Teflon Free
My next best air fryer for one person is the Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer. It’s perfect for beginners and offers everything you could need to start your air frying adventure. Much like the Ninja AF101, this air fryer uses a one-touch control panel saving you time in the kitchen.
This air fryer features 12 cooking functions, including stir-fry, bake, grill, and more. With these functions, you can easily find the perfect setting for any recipe. It has never been easier to find the right one for your current recipe.
If you are concerned whether this appliance is dishwasher compatible, I have great news. The Momo Lifestyle also features dishwasher-safe parts and a non-stick ceramic bowl that makes it easy to clean up after use.
In addition, this fryer is equipped with rapid air circulation technology, which allows it to cook food faster and more evenly. This technology uses hot air to circulate around the food to cook it, which evenly cooks it without leaving any cold spots. This means you’ll get perfectly cooked food every time!
If you have never tried to air fry food before, then be sure to check out this accessible one-person air fryer! It’s so versatile that I’ve even been using mine as a rice cooker to cook rice for years now, and I love it! With so many functions, you’ll get a great taste of what the world of air fryers offers!
- Accessible design – the one-touch panel is incredibly easy to use.
- 12 cooking functions – quickly select the perfect cooking function for your current recipe.
- Warranty – comes with a 1-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Low availability – this compact air fryer sells out incredibly quickly, so it can be hard to find.
- CERAMIC BASKET: Natural non-stick ceramic basket is teflon free and safe for your family. Once...
- DEHYDRATOR: Transform favorite foods into healthy easy-to-eat snacks for you and your children with...
- 12 COOKING FUNCTIONS: The Momo Easy Fry will revolutionize your kitchen! This innovative 12-in-1...
8. Best Air Fryer for Value – BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer
If you are the sort of person who loves getting the most ‘bang for your buck,’ then look no further. The Black+Decker air fryer is easily one of the best air fryers on the market in terms of value. The BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer gives you guilt-free results with the ability to cook your favorite fried foods with minimal oil, and a crisp finish from the constant circulation of heated air.
Quickly select the perfect temperature range and cooking time for your meal using the two handy cooking dials. Cleaning is also incredibly fast as this 2-quart air fryer can be disassembled with ease, offering you an easy way to clean any leftover residue.
The nonstick coating inside its basket ensures food won’t stick to the surface, making it easier to clean up after use. The BLACK+DECKER includes a recipe book with over 50 recipes for everything from snacks to main dishes, desserts, and more!
Although its general aesthetics aren’t quite on par with the Dreo 4-quart fryer, the design of this fryer is still pretty impressive!
- Larger temperature range – lets you select the ideal temperature to cook your food to perfection.
- Excellent value – this fryer offers everything you could need in a fryer at an affordable price.
- The design could be improved – the basket’s plastic handle can feel cheap, especially compared with the rest of the model.
- The 2-Liter capacity fryer is not suitable for larger items like whole chickens.
- 2L Capacity - The 2-liter (about 8-cup) air-frying basket fits 2-4 servings of your favorite snacks...
- Qucik and easy cleanup - The nonstick cooking surfaces release food without the need of cooking...
- Variable Temperature Control and Indicator Lights - The temperature control ranges from 175-400°F;...
9. Sleek Design – Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer
Dreo offers some of the best designs on the market, and the Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer is no different. The Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer was my perfect choice because it’s big enough to fit three chicken breasts, which I usually cook at once.
Available in a choice of 2 colors and with an impressive compact shape, this is easily one of the best-designed fryers out there.
The easy-to-use control panel provides enough control for any recipe without overwhelming air-frying beginners. It is a little on the pricey side, especially when compared to the BLACK+DECKER fryer, but its design more than makes up for this.
If you’re all about the aesthetics then you can’t go wrong with this model – it won’t stand out like a sore thumb on your worktop!
- Thought out design – the manufacturer has heavily considered every aspect of this air fryer.
- Compact model – makes this a brilliant option for anyone running low on kitchen space.
- A little pricey – especially when compared to similar small air fryers on the market.
- 100℉-450℉ Wide Temperature Range: Industry-leading temperature range allows you to make various...
- Compact Design: Space-saving body takes up less room and fits perfectly in small cooking areas....
- Less to No Oil: Dreo digital air fryer cooks food through rapid 360° air circulation and provides...
Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best Air Fryer for One Person?
The size of an air fryer is usually dependent on its capacity, which is typically measured in quarts. If you are only planning on using your fryer for solo meals, then a 4-quart air fryer will offer more than enough capacity for dishes such as crispy fried chicken or veg.
Before you invest in a fryer, consider how much counter space you have free in your kitchen. Knowing your countertop limits is vital as you don’t want to purchase a fryer that is too big for your kitchen!
The Ninja AF101 offers a great 4-quart capacity.
If you want to dig in more, check out my list of the different air fryer sizes you have to pick from.
|Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1||2 Quarts||Plastic|
|CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart||2 Quarts||Rubber|
|Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic||2 Quarts||Plastic|
|Ninja AF101||4 Quarts||Ceramic|
|Elite Gourmet Electric||0.72 Quarts||Steel|
|iRUNTEK Mini Small||4 Quarts||Plastic|
|Momo Lifestyle||3.4 Quarts||Eco Ceramic|
|BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter||2.11 Quarts||Plastic|
|Dreo Air Fryer 4||4 Quarts||Stainless Steel|
The look and design of your fryer may be something you will want to consider, especially if aesthetics are important to you. As this mainly comes down to personal taste, you will be able to quickly tell which fryer you like the look of.
Generally, there are two main types of air fryers on the market: toaster oven style or basket style air fryers. They both offer different functionality, so always compare the two to find the right one for you.
Personally, I love the look of the Dreo air fryer.
When choosing which air fryer is best for your needs, you will want to consider the price. As you will be comparing single-person fryers, the price will generally be a lot cheaper than most multi-person options on the market.
A great way to set yourself a budget is to consider each element of an air fryer and decide which is important to you. For example, if you want a range of accessories for your air fryer, you will need to spend a little extra.
As you can see, the Copper Chef is one of the cheapest models I found! We’ve got a Copper chef review you can check out if you want more info!
Accessories are great additions to any air fryer. The right accessories can greatly enhance the usability of your air fryer, allowing you to cook for a wider variety of recipes. Some accessories that you may find included in a bundle are extra cooking trays, a rotisserie kit, a pizza pan, and a baking dish. Some air fryers may come with a recipe book, too.
However, when it comes to the best air fryer, you won’t need to worry too much about what accessories are included. Most basket air fryers will include everything you need, so accessories are just a nice bonus as opposed to the main selling point.
If you have never used an air fryer before, then you will want to ensure that your chosen fryer is easy to use. Most air fryers are operated in the same way, so it can be hard to know what makes one air fryer easier to use than another.
You should always check whether or not your fryer comes with an instruction booklet – this can be a great way to get to grips with your purchase!
The Momo Lifestyle fryer is one of the easiest to use, even for those who aren’t familiar with air fryers.
Common Questions About Small Air Fryers?
What Size Is the Best Air Fryer for One Person?
If you are planning on only using your fryer to cook for one person, then you won’t need a larger cooking capacity than 4 quarts. This will be enough to cook even the largest solo meals out there!
Is an Air Fryer Worth It for One Person?
Yes, it’s absolutely worth buying an air fryer even if you live alone. They’re a convenient way to ensure you can enjoy healthy, delicious meals and snacks.
Can You Use Aluminum Foil in an Air Fryer?
You can use aluminum foil in an air fryer, as long as you make sure that you are using it safely and as advised. You should only use foil inside your air fryer basket as this will keep it away from any critical electronic components.
Do You Have to Clean the Air Fryer After Every Use?
To ensure your air fryer last a lifetime and to avoid any nasty smells, I would recommend cleaning it after every use. Be sure to wipe away any leftover food residue to prevent unsanitary cooking conditions.
Final Verdict: Which Air Fryer for One Person Should You Buy?
All the air fryers I have covered today are worth checking out, but if I had to choose just one I would recommend the Instant Vortex. It offers incredible functionality and is available in 4 eye-catching designs. Budget shoppers should be sure to check out the Copper Chef 2-quart fryer as this is easily one of the best air fryers for one person out there!
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.