This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Tired of cooking with appliances that are meant to feed a family of 6? We totally get it. If you’re cooking for yourself, you don’t need a massive air fryer. You need something big enough to get the job done and maybe have some leftovers for lunch.
We’ve got an epic review of the best air fryers for one person for you to pick from.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used:
- Size (duh)
- Cooking quality
At the end of the day, picking out the right air fryer isn’t rocket science. You need something that will work and won’t break the bank.
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter and which air fryers was the winner for each criteria.
Our top two picks are:
- Overall best: Instant Vortex 2QT. We love this air fryer for all the reasons you will. It’s the perfect size, works incredibly well, and will make you amazing food.
- Most affordable: Copper Chef Turbo. If you’re tight on funds, but need a new air fryer–this is our go to option.
Today, we’re going to show you the very best air fryer for a a single person so that you can find the perfect one for you. After you buy an air fryer, go check out our list of air fryer meal prep ideas!
We know how frustrating it can be to research products online. Our goal is that you never have to return a product that we recommend because it’s exactly what you wanted.
Our team has spent over 20 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular air fryers. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and reviews and we’ve personally tested different air fryers from Ninja, Instant Pot, Chefman, Turbo, and more.
- 9 Best Air Fryers For One Person
- 1. Best Overall – Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 Air Fryer Black
- 2. Best for Space-Saving – CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart Air Fryer
- 3. Most Affordable – Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer
- 4. Best One-Touch Control Panel- Ninja AF101 Air Fryer 4 Qt
- 5. Best for Cooking Control and Versatility – Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer
- 6. Easiest to Clean – iRUNTEK Mini Small Air Fryer
- 7. Easiest to Use – Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer 3.4 QT Ceramic Coated Teflon Free
- 8. Best Value – BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer
- 9. Sleek Design – Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer
- Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best Air Fryer for One Person?
- Common Questions about Small Air Fryers?
- Final Verdict: Which Air Fryer for One Person Should You Buy?
9 Best Air Fryers For One Person
Here’s a quick overview showing all of our top picks and the factors we looked at in our research. You can click through on any model to check out the recent price. You can also take a look at other customer’s air fryer reviews.
|Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 Air Fryer Black||Overall Best||2 qt||$|
|CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart Air Fryer Black||Space saving||2 qt||$$|
|Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air fryer||Most affordable||2 qt||$|
|Ninja AF101 Air Fryer 4 Qt Black/Gray||One-touch control panel||4 qt||$$|
|Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer||Cooking control and versatility||2 qt||$|
|iRUNTEK Mini Small Air Fryer Aqua||Easy to clean||1.3 qt||$|
|Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer 3.4 QT Ceramic Coated Teflon Free||Easy to use||3.4 qt||$$|
|BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer, Black/Stainless Steel||Great value||2 qt||$$|
|Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer||Sleek design||4 qt||$$|
All of these air fryers would be a great addition to your kitchen! We absolutely love using an air fryer to reheat food.
1. Best Overall – Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 Air Fryer Black
In terms of functionality, few air fryers can compete with the Instant Vortex fryer. Easily one of the best air fryers for functionality, this 2-quart model is designed to help you perfect a range of recipes.
Choose from 4 versatile functions or connect your fryer to the impressive smartphone app that lets you select from a collection of free recipes. So, it’s clearly a great pick for the technology lovers out there!
The added functionality does mean that it’s harder to clean than the iRUNTEK air fryer, but the versatility more than makes up for this!
|Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 Air Fryer Black|
- Impressive functionality – choose from 4 unique cooking functions or use the free smartphone app.
- Multiple design choices – this superb air fryer is available in a choice of 4 eye-catching colors.
- Can be hard to clean – the supplied basket is not 100% dishwasher-friendly.
2. Best for Space-Saving – CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart Air Fryer
The size of your air fryer can be extremely important, especially if you only have limited space in your kitchen. Fortunately, the Chefman Ultra-Compact air fryer is an exceptional option for anyone looking for a compact model.
This 2-quart air fryer offers just enough cooking capacity for a single person. It’s also extremely easy to clean and offers a range of cooking settings. The dial system used is beginner-friendly but lacks the versatility of other air fryers, such as the Elite Gourmet fryer.
It’s great for small families in a small space – even those with the tiniest kitchens are sure to be happy to give up some of their precious space for this nifty gadget!
|CHEFMAN Ultra Compact 2 Quart Air Fryer|
- Small and compact design – easy to store and won’t take up too much valuable space in your kitchen.
- Easy to maintain – both the basket and the tray are dishwasher safe, so you don’t need to spend hours scrubbing this fryer down.
- Lacks multiple cooking functions – this air fryer could use a few extra cooking functions, such as a reheat button.
3. Most Affordable – Copper Chef 2 QT Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer
Finding a budget option that can compete with premium models feels fantastic, and that’s exactly what this 2-quart fryer offers. With functionality that can compete with the best air fryers at a fraction of the price, this is a budget shoppers’ dream!
Rapid air technology lets you air fry dishes in minutes, and the 2-quart basket is just enough cooking space for most dishes. Although it can’t quite outperform the Instant Vortex fryer, this fryer is more than worth its asking price.
If you’re not quite sure if an air fryer is for you – pick this one. You won’t lose much if you decide it isn’t for you (but we’re sure you’ll love it!). This one is also on our list of the best air fryers under $50!
|Copper Chef 2 qt Turbo Cyclonic Air Fryer|
- Budget-friendly option – lets you air fry most dishes without costing you a fortune.
- Rapid-air technology – means each dish can be cooked to perfection when using the right temperature settings.
- Small cooking capacity – the 2-quart basket may not be large enough for some dishes.
4. Best One-Touch Control Panel- Ninja AF101 Air Fryer 4 Qt
If you have never used an air fryer before, you may be quickly overwhelmed with all the buttons you find on some models. In terms of ease of use, the Ninja AF101 is one of the most beginner-friendly options on the market.
It features a one-touch control panel that is easy to use while still offering versatility. The 4-quart cooking capacity is an excellent bonus as this is more than enough space for any solo meal.
The main letdown of this otherwise fantastic model is its price, especially compared to cheaper models such as the Copper Chef Turbo!
If you consider yourself a bit of a technophobe, this simple-to-use model will be right up your street!
|Ninja AF101 Air Fryer 4 Qt|
- Innovative one-touch control panel – quickly select your preferred settings without needing to read a lengthy instruction manual.
- Large cooking capacity – the 4-quart cooking basket offers more than enough space for a large solo meal.
- Could be cheaper – although it’s not as expensive as some air fryers on the market, it could still be a little more affordable.
5. Best for Cooking Control and Versatility – Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer
Versatility is extremely important in the kitchen, especially if you plan on trying a range of recipes. This one-person air fryer from Elite Gourmet offers unprecedented levels of control suitable for chefs of all skill levels.
The dial system lets you quickly select an air frying time that suits you, while the auto-shutoff function prevents burnt food. So, this is a great pick for busy individuals!
The capacity could be a little larger, such as the 4-quart Dreo air fryer, but overall this is still an impressive air fryer.
|Elite Gourmet Electric Hot Air Fryer|
- High levels of control – quickly select the perfect cooking time for your food using the handy dial.
- Air filtration system – the integrated filtration system prevents nasty odors when frying food.
- Small cooking capacity – the 2-quart cooking capacity may struggle to fry some larger meals.
6. Easiest to Clean – iRUNTEK Mini Small Air Fryer
Cleaning some air fryers can be a pain, especially if the model you choose isn’t dishwasher safe. Thankfully, this isn’t an issue with the incredible iRUNTEX mini air fryer.
This compact air fryer features a dishwasher-friendly frying basket, a perfect timesaver. On top of this, the unique 360 hot air circulation lets you air fry your favorite dishes in minutes.
So, if you’re looking for the ultimate in convenience, this is the model for you!
This fryer’s accessibility may not be on par with the Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer, but it’s still a worthy investment for any budding chef!
|iRUNTEK Mini Small Air Fryer|
- Easy to clean design – with a dishwasher-friendly basket and a modular design, cleaning this air fryer is incredibly easy.
- 360 air circulation system – this efficient system is perfect if you don’t want to wait hours to air fry your food.
- Complicated instruction manual – the instruction manual provided with this air fryer can be overcomplicated.
7. Easiest to Use – Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer 3.4 QT Ceramic Coated Teflon Free
Our next best air fryer for one person is this model from Momo Lifestyle. It’s perfect for beginners and offers everything you could need to start your air frying adventure. Much like the Ninja AF101, this air fryer uses a one-touch control panel saving you time in the kitchen.
It also features 12-cooking functions, so it has never been easier to find the right one for your current recipe.
If you have never tried to air fry food before, then be sure to check out this accessible one-person air fryer! With so many functions, you’ll get a great taste of what the world of air fryers has to offer!
|Momo Lifestyle Air Fryer 3.4 Qt|
- Accessible design – the one-touch panel is incredibly easy to use.
- 12 cooking functions – quickly select the perfect cooking function for your current recipe.
- Low availability – this compact air fryer sells out incredibly quickly, so it can be hard to find.
8. Best Value – BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer
If you are the sort of person who loves getting the most ‘bang for your buck,’ then look no further. The Black+Decker air fryer is easily one of the best air fryers on the market in terms of value.
Quickly select the perfect temperature range and cooking time for your meal using the two handy cooking dials. Cleaning is also incredibly fast as this 2-quart air fryer can be disassembled with ease, offering you an easy way to clean any leftover residue.
Although its general aesthetics aren’t quite on par with the Dreo 4-quart fryer, the design of this fryer is still pretty impressive!
|BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer|
- Larger temperature range – lets you select the ideal temperature to cook your food to perfection.
- Excellent value – this fryer offers everything you could need in a fryer at an affordable price.
- The design could be improved – the basket’s plastic handle can feel cheap, especially compared with the rest of the model.
9. Sleek Design – Dreo Air Fryer 4 Quart Air Fryer
Dreo offers some of the best designs on the market, and this 4-quart air fryer is no different. Available in a choice of 2 colors and with an impressive compact shape, this is easily one of the best-designed fryers out there.
The easy-to-use control panel provides enough control for any recipe without overwhelming air-frying beginners. It is a little on the pricey side, especially when compared to the BLACK+DECKER fryer, but its design more than makes up for this.
If you’re all about the aesthetics then you can’t go wrong with this model – it won’t stand out like a sore thumb on your worktop!
|Dreo Air Fryer 4 Qt Air Fryer|
- Thought out design – the manufacturer has heavily considered every aspect of this air fryer.
- Compact model – makes this a brilliant option for anyone running low on kitchen space.
- A little pricey – especially when compared to similar small air fryers on the market.
Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best Air Fryer for One Person?
The size of an air fryer is usually dependent on its capacity, which is typically measured in quarts. If you are only planning on using your fryer for solo meals, then a 4-quart air fryer will offer more than enough capacity for dishes such as crispy fried chicken or veg.
Before you invest in a fryer, consider how much counter space you have free in your kitchen. Knowing your countertop limits is vital as you don’t want to purchase a fryer that is too big for your kitchen!
The Ninja AF101 offers a great 4-quart capacity.
If you want to dig in more, check out our list of the different air fryer sizes you have to pick from.
The look and design of your fryer may be something you will want to consider, especially if aesthetics are important to you. As this mainly comes down to personal taste, you will be able to quickly tell which fryer you like the look of.
Generally, there are two main types of air fryers on the market: toaster oven style or basket style air fryers. They both offer different functionality, so always compare the two to find the right one for you.
Personally, we love the look of the Dreo air fryer.
When choosing which air fryer is best for your needs, you will want to consider the price. As you will be comparing single-person fryers, the price will generally be a lot cheaper than most multi-person options on the market.
A great way to set yourself a budget is to consider each element of an air fryer and decide which is important to you. For example, if you want a range of accessories for your air fryer, you will need to spend a little extra.
Generally, when it comes to air fryers, you won’t need to worry too much about what accessories are included. Most air fryers will include everything you need, so accessories are just a nice bonus as opposed to the main selling point.
If you have never used an air fryer before, then you will want to ensure that your chosen fryer is easy to use. Most air fryers are operated in the same way, so it can be hard to know what makes one air fryer easier to use than another.
You should always check whether or not your fryer comes with an instruction booklet – this can be a great way to get to grips with your purchase!
The Momo Lifestyle fryer is one of the easiest to use, even for those who aren’t familiar with air fryers.
Common Questions about Small Air Fryers?
If you are planning on only using your fryer to cook for one person, then you won’t need a larger cooking capacity than 4 quarts. This will be enough to cook even the largest solo meals out there!
Yes, it’s absolutely worth buying an air fryer even if you live alone. They’re a convenient way to ensure you can enjoy healthy, delicious meals and snacks.
You can use aluminum foil in an air fryer, as long as you make sure that you are using it safely and as advised. You should only use foil inside your air fryer basket as this will keep it away from any critical electronic components.
To ensure your air fryer last a lifetime and to avoid any nasty smells, we would recommend cleaning it after every use. Be sure to wipe away any leftover food residue to prevent unsanitary cooking conditions.
Final Verdict: Which Air Fryer for One Person Should You Buy?
All the air fryers we have covered today are worth checking out, but if we had to choose just one we would recommend the Instant Vortex. It offers incredible functionality and is available in 4 eye-catching designs. Budget shoppers should be sure to check out the Copper Chef 2-quart fryer as this is easily one of the best air fryers for one person out there!
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.