Learn more about the team of writers at Meal Prepify:
Hey, I’m Rich!
I’m a husband, pastor, part-time seminary student, and a totally obsessive dog owner. I love to read, write, work out, preach, and most of all, spend quality time with my wife.
I also cook obscene amounts of food.
I launched MealPrepify.com because I wanted to help people learn how to save time, save money, and eat healthier. Meal prep can do exactly that. Meal prepping has helped me save hundreds of $$$ a month on food, gain muscle, lose fat, and it saves me hours every single week.
I became a fan of meal prep 10+ years ago. I was a junior in high school and trying to cut 20 pounds for wrestling season. My mom got tired of cooking me a separate, healthy dinner so she told me to start making my own food.
I did what everyone told me to do. I made chicken, broccoli, and brown rice, which was the only thing anyone knew how to meal prep 10 years ago. It took about 2 weeks for me to get sick of bland chicken and boiled veggies.
I had to learn how to get creative with spices, flavors, and different food combinations. I mastered a few basics, which was enough for me to get by. I didn’t have time to cook every day, so I’d grill chicken and fish in bulk and pack my lunches ahead of time.
Right before college my mom bought me my first crock pot. I’d drop ingredients in, press start, go to class, and come back with a full meal ready to go. I always had enough for 4-5 servings of leftovers that I’d eat throughout the week.
Please enjoy the content we create!
Nathaniel was brought on as a Contributor to the Meal Prepify team in 2022. Nathaniel has a long history of personal cooking, and brings a wealth of knowledge about food science.
Nathaniel founded Beginner Food in 2019, with his mission being to simplify food for beginner cooks. From that platform, he has gone on to be featured contributor in a variety of well known cuisine publications, including:
- reoccurring contributor to Mashed with over 20 uniquely developed recipes
- developed 6 recipes for Tasting Table
- Edible Arrangements
- Insanely Good Recipes
- The Daily Meal
Nathaniel believes in meal prepping for the following reasons:
- Saves time: Preparing meals in advance saves time during the week, as you don’t have to cook from scratch every day.
- Eat healthier: When you meal prep, you have more control over the ingredients and portion sizes, leading to healthier eating choices.
- Save money: Meal prepping allows you to buy ingredients in bulk and avoid eating out, saving money in the long run.
- Improve organization: Having meals ready in advance can reduce stress and improve overall organization in your daily life.
Learn more about Nathaniel here: