Hey, I’m Rich!
I’m a husband, pastor, part-time seminary student, and a totally obsessive dog owner.
I love to read, write, work out, preach, and most of all, spend quality time with my wife.
I also cook obscene amounts of food.
<– That’s me with a 41 inch redfish 🙂
I launched MealPrepify because I wanted to help people learn how to save time, save money, and eat healthier.
Meal prep can do exactly that.
Meal prepping has helped me save hundreds of $$$ a month on food, gain muscle, lose fat, and it saves me hours every single week.
Our mission here at MealPrepify is to help people meal prep today, save time tomorrow, and eat healthy for life.
How I Became a Meal Prep Fanatic
I became a fan of meal prep about 10 years ago.
I was a junior in high school and trying to cut 20 pounds for wrestling season. My mom got tired of cooking me a separate, healthy dinner so she told me to start making my own food.
I did what everyone told me to do.
I made chicken, broccoli, and brown rice, which was the only thing anyone knew how to meal prep 10 years ago.
It took about 2 weeks for me to get sick of bland chicken and boiled veggies.
I had to learn how to get creative with spices, flavors, and different food combinations. I mastered a few basics, which was enough for me to get by. I didn’t have time to cook every day, so I’d grill chicken and fish in bulk and pack my lunches ahead of time.
Right before college my mom bought me my first crock pot. I’d drop ingredients in, press start, go to class, and come back with a full meal ready to go. I always had enough for 4-5 servings of leftovers that I’d eat throughout the week.
Now that I’m 5 years post-grad I’m busier than ever trying to keep all the plates spinning: pastoring in a church, grad school, being a good husband, working out, and running a couple of websites.
Through every season of life, meal prepping has been one of my key habits for optimizing my time and saving money along the way.
What you can expect
Meal Prepify began with the goal to build the leading website for meal prep recipes and cooking advice. Our mission is to help people meal prep today, save time tomorrow, and eat healthy for life!
Here are some of our most ridiculously epic posts so far:
- 75 Dirt-Cheap Crock Pot Recipes (all less than $3 per serving)
- The 40 Best Protein Shake Recipes You’ll Ever Make
- The 18 Best Meal Planning Apps to use in 2020
- 30 Amazing Salad Meal Prep Ideas to Lose Weight and Eat Healthy
After six months of pursuing this, we realized that people also needed help knowing what kitchen tools and cookware were worth the money! We want to help people find kitchen products that are durable, worth the money, and will help them have a kitchen they love to cook in.
Over the last year, we’ve been fortunate to get to share our story, meal prep tips, and experience all over the internet! Podcasts, guest posts, interviews, and other contributions.
We’re super grateful to each of these friends for letting us guest post for them! We put a ton of effort into every guest post we write and would love the chance to write one for you if you’re reading this!
- His and Her FI | 28 Ways to eat more vegetables even if you hate them
- Bible Money Matters | Best Meal Prep Resources To Use (For Meal Prep Ideas And Meal Planning Help)
- Good Financial Cents | Meal Prep 101: How to make 20 meals for $25
- Renaissance Periodization | 15 Tips to Meal Prep on a Budget
- Physician on Fire | Love Your Job? Why You Should Still Pursue Financial Independence
I’ve loved getting to share our story in each of these interviews! These focus a lot on my wife and I’s experience in handling our finances and building this business.
- I Like to Dabble | How One Youth Pastor Runs a Side Business (With No Plans to Leave His Day Job)
- Zero to Freelance | Freelancer Success Stories – Rich from PF Geeks
- Semi Retire Plan | Money and Faith — Sitting Poolside with Rich from PF Geeks
- Financial Pilgrimage | Young Debt-Free Families (#15): Featuring Richmond from PF Geeks
- Savvy History | Personal Finance Geeks: Creativity at Work Interviews
- Keep Thrifty | How My Wife and I Became a Financial Team
- Count About | Monday Night Finance- Volume 3
We’re new to the world of podcasts! We’d love the chance to share our story and experience for your audience.
- Do You Even Blog | Forget Focus: Switching Topics for Niche Site Success