This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Air fryers are the latest must-have kitchen essential – they allow you to eat the fried food you love without worrying about your waistline or heart health.
But, that’s not all; air fryers do far more than just frying your food; they allow you to bake, broil, and roast – they are not just an air fryer.
Most people will opt for a standard-sized air fryer that will cook for between two and five people, but that isn’t enough for everyone. If you have a large family or are a budding chef or foodie, you need the largest air fryer available – the great news is that large-capacity air fryers are widely available.
That’s why I’ve compiled this list of the largest air fryers out there for you – my best overall pick, the Paula Deen Family-Sized Air Fryer (9.5-Quarts), is great if you need capacity and functionality all rolled into one. Keep reading to find my best picks if you need a large air fryer!
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
What’s So Good About Large Air Fryers?
If you love fried food, you’re going to love air fryers!
These must-have kitchen essentials are healthier than traditional oil fryers, and even oven bake. They allow you to cook French fries to a high standard from frozen and provide excellent results with no oil – making your meals a whole lot healthier. What’s not to love?
The Best Large Capacity Air Fryer Reviews
1) Best Overall – Paula Deen Family-Sized Air Fryer (9.5-Quarts)
- 9.5 QT FAMILY-SIZED AIR FRYER: Paula Deen's largest air...
- VERSATILE COOKING OPTIONS: Use the simple control knobs to...
- RAPID AIR CIRCULATION SYSTEM: Powered at 1700 watts, the...
Family-sized large air fryers are big enough to feed between 5 and 10 people, which is admittedly larger than your average family. Still, it’s great to have that capacity whether you need it or not.
The Paula Deen air fryer is also versatile and convenient. It features handy control knobs that allow you to set a timer for your frying and get busy with other aspects of meal preparation. It’s good to know the fried food will be cooked on time to a high standard.
The product also utilizes the latest air-circulation technology to speed up cooking times and reduce excess fumes and oil residue. This is good news for chefs who like to keep the kitchen as clean as possible and reduce the noise from ventilation fans.
Naturally, an air convection fryer is the healthier option; it uses a top-down heating element and convection technology to heat the interior and fry the food using little or no oil. The oil used in frying is high in calories and bad for cholesterol, so air fryers protect your family’s health.
- Oven rack – This air fryer features an oven rack, which greatly improves performance.
- Family-sized – This air fryer has a 5-10 person capacity, great if you cook for family and friends.
- Air-convection technology – The air fryer uses the latest convection technology for healthy frying.
- Fryer size – The Paula Deen is a large capacity air fryer, but not the largest air fryer on the market – another of my choices may be best if you need a large capacity.
- Analog dial – Some may prefer a digital air fryer.
2) Best Luxury Option – Breville Smart Oven Air Convection Countertop Oven
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a...
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements,...
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other...
If you love a light crispy finish to their fried food, then the Breville Smart Oven is the air fryer for you. Using its super convection technology, the Breville maximizes temperature and airflow to produce the lightest, crispiest fried food imaginable.
The Breville smart oven makes life easier with its super convection heating and 13 cooking functions – it also uses 6 independent quartz elements and digital sensing technology to eliminate cold spots on the food for precise cooking.
The 13 cooking functions allowing you to toast, broil, roast, fry, and much more – you can really make anything with the Breville smart oven!
- Super convection heating – This fries food to a crisp, delicate quality and reduces cooking time.
- 13 functions – Not just an air fryer, the Breville is a versatile appliance that can cook a range of dishes.
- Largest air fryer capacity – The increased capacity means you can cook a 14-pound turkey in this oven!
- Customer services – The Breville customer service team can be hard to reach – you may have to go elsewhere if you encounter any issues.
- External heat – The air fryer produces external heat that will warm your kitchen.
3) Best For Size – COSORI Smart Air Fryer Toaster Oven (32-Quarts)
- 12 Functions: Enjoy a Keep Warm feature and 11 versatile...
- Smart Control: Connect your smart oven to your smartphone to...
- Healthier Alternatives: Enjoy air fried meals with up to 85%...
If you want a large convenient air fryer toaster with innovative technology, look no further than the COSORI. This product has a 30L oven that can handle 6 slices of toast and a 14-inch pizza. It can also fit a whole chicken, making it the ideal kitchen appliance for festive periods.
But size isn’t the only element of the COSORI you benefit from; this oven also has 12 settings allowing you to toast, bake, broil, and much more. It’s an amazingly versatile appliance to have in your kitchen, perfect for utility cooking and cooking for special occasions.
Another standout feature of the COSORI is the smart technology that lets you set the cooking time and prepare other parts of your meal. But if you need to adjust the cooking time for some reason, you can do this using the oven’s smart controls and voice technology.
Nowadays, an air fryer oven is considered a better alternative to traditional frying with oil. An air fryer can produce an excellent result with much less oil and fat. This air fryer reduces the fat in fried food by 85%, meaning your customers can still enjoy fried food without risking their health.
- Best large-capacity air fryer – This air fryer has a 30L capacity, making cooking large meals a breeze.
- 12 settings – Plenty of cooking options, meaning you don’t have to stick to just frying!
- Versatile – The numerous settings and smart features make the COSORI an extremely versatile appliance.
- Noise – This air fryer can be noisy when operating.
4) Best Multi-Purpose – Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Oven
- True Surround Convection: Up to 10X the convection power vs....
- Ultimate Versatility: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast,...
- Quick Family Meals: 90-second oven preheat time and up to...
Sometimes you need an appliance in your kitchen that can do it all, and the Ninja Foodi is an excellent product to have in your corner. This is a 10-in-1 XL oven that will air fry, air roast, whole roast, toast, broil, and much more – meaning you are never stuck for cooking options!
This is a traditional full-size oven with an excellent capacity. Easily cook for your entire family at Thanksgiving or Christmas, and never sacrifice quality. With its 1800-watt engine, there’s no danger of your food being cooked incorrectly; it has the power to handle large and small items alike.
But the Ninja Foodi isn’t only for special occasions; this is a unit built to last and ready to take on the wear and tear of everyday living. Easily program the digital display to pre-heat the oven for 90 seconds and deliver a 30% faster cooking time for family meal preps throughout the week.
Unlike other air fryers, this one has a digital display which is preferable to some people. Analog dials have some advantages, but a digital display gives you more accuracy.
- 10-in-1 solution – Use the air fryer for up to 10 different styles of cooking
- Full-sized oven – Large capacity air fryer, has two levels of cooking
- Fast cooking – Reduce your cooking times by 30%
- Buttons – Some buttons might wear off over time
- Heating element – The heating element is not protected with a drip pan
5) Best Budget Option – Instant Vortex Air Fryer (6-Quarts)
- 4-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, bake, roast and reheat.
- ONE-TOUCH SMART PROGRAMS: Customizable cooking programs for...
- EVENCRISP TECHNOLOGY: Delivering all the crunch and...
If you’re looking for a mid-range fryer that still delivers, consider the Instant Vortex. This oven is smaller than previous products, but it still has a full range of functions, making it easy to cook fried food for your family.
The Instant Vortex has simple touch controls that make it easy to program, read, and use, especially when you’re busy working away in your kitchen. The one-touch buttons aren’t only for air frying, of course – you can also roast, bake, dehydrate, and reheat food with no mess and no fuss.
A budget option air fryer is an excellent choice for a busy family. It not only takes up much less space in your kitchen, but it’s simple to use and cooks meals quickly when you’re busy through the week. It also makes your fried food much healthier with its air frying technology that reduces fat by 95%.
Although this product isn’t the same large-capacity air fryer as other models, it makes it a little cheaper to buy and suitable for smaller kitchens. But, this small kitchen appliance benefits your life in big ways too; it offers fast cooking times and healthier foods.
- Best budget option – Smaller but cheaper, the Instant Vortex Air Fryer is an excellent choice for family kitchens.
- User-friendly – The digital display is easy to read and program.
- Space saver – This air fryer is easy to store away, making it a great space-saving solution if you love to cook but have a small kitchen.
- Smaller air fryer – This air fryer has a smaller capacity than other models, so if you’re looking to cook a large amount of food another option may be best.
6) Best For Easy Cleaning – Ninja Foodi Oven
- The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality:...
- Reclaim your counter space: takes up 50% less space when you...
- Air fry: up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods....
Not every air fryer on the market is easy to clean; some aren’t designed to be opened up. This can lead to a tedious cleaning experience, but with the Ninja Foodi, you’ll find that cleaning is a breeze.
Air frying isn’t the only function of this excellent machine. In fact, it has eight functions, allowing you to do much more. It also has an 1800-watt engine to cook your food fast and keep it warm. A versatile oven like this is what you need in a modern kitchen.
The Ninja Foodi is also unique amongst air ovens because of its design. The oven is lower in height than similar models; it also has a flip-up front that reduces the space used on your countertop by 50 % when you pack it away.
Nowadays, you need an air fryer that uses little or no oil to fry your food; this has become the norm in recent years as technology has met the demand for healthier living. The Ninja Foodi meets the challenge by reducing the fat in your fried food by up to 75%.
- Easy to clean – This air fryer allows for effective deep cleaning, meaning you don’t have to worry about food buildup.
- 8 functions – Up to eight air fryer functions for a versatile cooking experience.
- Innovative design – Has a flip-up front to save space in your kitchen.
- Regular cleaning needed – The air fryer might require more cleaning than conventional air ovens.
7) Best Accessories – Ninja Foodi Deluxe XL (8-Quarts)
- THE NINJA FOODI DELUXE: The deluxe pressure cooker that also...
- TENDERCRISP TECHNOLOGY: Quickly pressure cook ingredients to...
- XL 8-QUART CERAMIC-COATED POT: Extra Large Capacity,...
So far, the models on this review have been all-inclusive, containing everything you need to air fry your chosen meals. This version of the Ninja Foodi comes with a wealth of accessories that enhance the large-capacity air fryer and possibilities of the products.
Unlike other brands and Ninja Foodi models, this product uses TenderCrisp technology with massive advantages for chefs and foodies. This technology allows you to cook or fry the food quickly to lock in the juices and flavors.
As mentioned, this version of the Ninja Foodi comes with some accessories, one of which is the 8-quart ceramic-coated pot. This is an extra-large pot that can handle a whole chicken and can feed the entire family. In addition, it has a non-stick surface, making it easy to remove food and simple to clean.
Another accessory you will find in this model is a double reversible rack that fits snugly into the pot. This rack allows you to steam and broil food, as well as fry it. So on Thanksgiving or Christmas, you can choose whether you want to fry a whole chicken or create a buffet of wings.
- Accessories – This product comes with a removable basket and oven rack included, as well as other accessories that offer versatility and increased accessibility.
- TenderCrisp technology – This revolutionary method lets you cook food fast and lock in the juices for extra flavor.
- Powerful machine – At 1760W, this machine might trip your circuit breaker. A lower power option may be better for some.
8) Best Rated – COSORI 5.8QT Electric Hot Oven Oilless Cooker
- Critically Acclaimed: COSORI Premium Air fryer (Red Dot...
- Less Oil: The air fryer uses up to 85% less oil than...
- Large Capacity: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square...
Sometimes it’s not the features that sell you on a product but the reputation; after all, if a product is rated highly by industry professionals and wins awards, it’s clearly a top-quality product.
So what’s so amazing about the COSORI cooker? Firstly, it delivers on all the essentials you expect from a modern air fryer. It has 13 one-touch settings and a rapid 360-degree air convection heater that makes your fried food light and crispy.
The standards for fried food are changing nowadays, as health-consciousness becomes more popular. This product allows you to deliver fried food that contains less than 85% oil, making it an excellent choice for businesses and households.
I could go into its large capacity, its 13 preset functions, and its high safety standards – but what makes this COSORI model really stand out is the 100 recipes programmed into the machine, and the ability to set your own cook times for the perfect meal every time.
- Award-winning – This product has won notable awards for excellence, so you know it’s a high-quality fryer.
- Air convection technology – Modern frying technology in this COSORI model creates healthy fried food.
- Cooking instructions – The machine is programmed with 100 recipes for ease of use.
- Instructions – The instructions can be a little hard to follow at first, which may put you off.
Large Air Fryer Buying Guide
If you’re searching for a large-capacity air fryer, you’re spoilt for choice with the options on the market currently.
Most air frying ovens on the market have a suitable capacity for your needs. Even the smallest ones are likely to hold around 800g of food, equivalent to two baking trays. Still, the fryers in this review are much larger, giving you much better versatility and more freedom in the kitchen to air fry as you please.
Most fryers have some form of temperature control, even if some are more sophisticated than others. Usually, a fryer has temperature control that lets you set the frying temperature somewhere between 80 and 200 degrees C, but temperature controls don’t always mean your food cooks better.
That said, it’s always better to have temperature controls on your air fryer oven than not to have them; it gives you more options. In addition, some modern brands nowadays use smart cooking technology that identifies the cold spots on the food and heats those areas accordingly.
An air fryer needs to be cleaned regularly – in some cases after every use, although this is not always feasible or necessary. Also, some air fry ovens aren’t designed to come apart and aren’t always dishwasher safe – always check if the air fryer is dishwasher safe before making your purchase.
Although modern air fry ovens use little or no oil, there is still the fat in the drip pan from fried food. If this is allowed to linger, it can affect the taste of your food in the future. The fryer’s basket, bowl, lid, and paddle should be dishwasher safe and cleaned after use.
Ease Of Use
Air fryers are much the same as conventional ovens, especially since there is no oil to worry about nowadays. First, you open the fryer and put in your sliced potato or chicken wings. Then, choose a digital or analog display setting and watch the light come on – the oven pings when it’s ready.
Most air fry ovens come with instructions on how to set the smart features; also, it’s simply a matter of spending some time with the handbook. While an air fryer is straightforward enough to program, it might be more challenging to take apart and clean – especially if it’s not user-friendly.
Additional things To Consider Before Purchasing An Air Fryer
Large-capacity air fryers might seem like the obvious choice to give you additional options for large gatherings, but you need to consider the space in your kitchen. If the fryer isn’t used often, can you justify a large oven on your countertop? If space is an issue for you, consider an air fryer with a toaster or a space saver.
The next thing to keep in mind is the features of your new oven. While most modern air fry ovens cover the basics, some offer some smart technology that gives you an advantage in the kitchen – if you want your Thanksgiving turkey precision cooked, for instance.
Final Thoughts For Getting The Best Large Air Fryer For Your Home
Putting a large air fryer in your kitchen is an excellent idea if you want to replace your conventional over or have lots of people to feed regularly. These ovens are not just for frying anymore – they also toast, broil, fry, bake, and much more. These ovens also come equipped with the latest technology to help you save time in the kitchen and increase the standard of your oven-cooked food.
There are plenty of large-capacity air fry ovens to choose from, which doesn’t make the process any easier, but you can guarantee that whichever model you choose, you will get an air fryer oven that cooks food quickly and doesn’t use any oil. So your decision rests on your personal requirements and what the oven can offer in terms of additional features and accessories like oven racks.
Large air fry ovens take up a lot of countertop space, so it’s important to factor that into your buying decision. The good news is that many of them come with space-saving features such as an additional toaster oven so you can dispense with your toaster or a fold-up design so you can put it away.
The large air fryer you choose should also be suitable for how you intend to use the toaster oven. If it’s only for one-off events, you might not need one that comes apart easily, but if you intend to use it regularly, it will have to be dishwasher safe and easy to dismantle.
The short answer is not long at all. Air fryer ovens use a heating element and convection air technology that circulate hot air around food on a toaster oven rack or inside the basket. The toaster oven temperature can rise to around 500-600 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on what you cook.
Of course, cooking times will vary depending on the brand of the toaster oven and the type of food you’re cooking. Some ovens also use smart technology to improve the quality of the frying or baking without additional time constraints.
While there are plenty of reasons to bring a large air fryer into your kitchen, there are a few downsides as well. First of all, they are difficult to clean, and many brands don’t help with this by designing their fryers so they can’t be dismantled easily – this can lead to unwanted flavoring in the food.
An air fryer might also have longer cooking times than a conventional oil fryer, they are also more expensive than oil fryers, but the big difference is the health advantages to air fry ovens which allow you to eat your favorite fried food with minimal impact on your heart health or your waistline.
This depends on the brand and model you choose. Some air fry ovens are very easy to clean and dismantle in seconds. These models are also dishwasher-friendly. However, you might notice some downsides with easy-to-clean air fryers; they collect fat in the drip pan and must be cleaned after every use.
This is not the case with other air ovens. So you might think it’s slightly odd that air ovens aren’t easy to dismantle and aren’t dishwasher safe. In reality, many air fryers are designed to avoid collecting fat in the drip pan using specially coated surfaces and clever designs. These don’t need to be cleaned.
You can expect your air fryer to last a minimum of 3 years, depending on the quality of the product. Research is important before committing to any purchase, and it’s important to check for a warranty or guarantee. Products that are guaranteed tend to be of better quality and longer-lasting.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.