This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
These cheap crockpot recipes are my go-to to help me meal prep on a budget. They’re easy to prepare and relatively healthy. The best part is that these cheap slow cooker recipes cost less than $3 per serving!
- Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes to Meal Prep on a Budget
- Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes With Rice
- Cheap Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheap and Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheap Vegetarian & Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes with Beef
- Cheap Keto Crockpot and Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheap and Easy Crockpot Recipes
- Cheap High-Protein Crockpot Recipes
- Cheap Crockpot Winter Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Cheap Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes
- Sample Meal Prep Plan Using Crockpot Recipes
- Related Questions
- Need More Cheap Slow Cooker and Crockpot Recipes?
Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes to Meal Prep on a Budget
Try out these slow cooker recipes if you’re looking for dinners that are easy to throw together and delicious. If you need help learning how to meal prep, check out my step by step meal prep guide!
Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes With Rice
Rice is a great food to use in a slow cooker because it’s cheap, healthy, and fills you up. It also pairs great with meat and vegetables, making it easy to cook a complete meal. These cheap slow cooker recipes are great for saving money with meal prep.
Slow Cooker Carnitas and Rice
This is slow cooker carnitas and rice is one of the cheapest dinners I have ever prepared, at just $1 per serving. It’s also incredibly flavorful and is packed with good calories and carbohydrates (from the tomatoes, rice, and beans). This is one of my favorite crockpot meal prep ideas to cook!
Crockpot Rice Pudding
This cheap crock pot recipe has always been one of my favorite comfort foods to cook.
- It’s so versatile you can prepare it for breakfast, dinner, or even as a dessert. Preparing rice pudding in a crock pot saves both time and effort.
- Just toss the ingredients in a crock pot, and the results can be summarized in two words – creamy and delicious! This is a great vegetarian crockpot recipe.
There is no doubt that chicken and rice were made for each other. This is well-known, as it’s one of the most popular dishes to cook around the globe. This crockpot chicken and rice dish can be cooked in a single pot.
- Just add chicken and veggies first, then when the dish is close to finished, add the rice.
- Chicken and rice are so customizable, you can add any fresh vegetables your family prefers or use whatever you have on hand.
- Use seasonal veggies to make it even more affordable! This is also on my list of healthy chicken meal prep ideas for weight loss!
Slow Cooker Mushroom Rice
Since this slow cooker mushroom rice dish requires just a few ingredients, it’s the perfect cheap crock pot recipe for your family. I cook this for a vegan diet. Add some butter to make this luxuriously rich.
Cheap Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
These cheap slow cooker recipes are perfect for people craving an easy chicken dinner. These crockpot recipes are nutrient-rich, as they’re full of lean protein.
Crockpot Glazed Chicken Teriyaki
This crock pot glazed chicken teriyaki is a healthy twist on traditional teriyaki that uses no refined sugars. Pair this with some delicious veggies and brown rice then you have yourself a healthy balanced meal. This recipe is also gluten and dairy free, so it’s perfect if you are thinking about trying any of these diets. This is one of my favorite gluten-free meal prep recipes because of the natural sweetness you get from the honey.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow cooker honey garlic chicken is super easy to cook and so delicious.
- Just toss the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning, and by the time you return from work, this shredded chicken dish will be ready to serve.
- You can serve it with rice and a side of steamed veggies for complete dinners, or serve it on a bun with a side of coleslaw for little lighter dinners.
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Thighs
This crockpot chicken dinner is filled with flavorful chicken thighs, butternut squash, and spices commonly used in Indian cooking. You can cook this slow cooker chicken Whole30 compliant by taking out the couscous and raisins, and it can be made gluten-free by using GF rice or quinoa.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
The secret to this flavorful slow cooker chicken cheese enchiladas is to slowly simmer the protein-packed enchiladas in the sauce for at least four hours.
- Then simply shred chicken and a few more ingredients like tortilla strips, olives, and cheese, and you’re good to go!
- Tip: Add some additional vegetables to make them more nutritious.
Sweet Fire Chicken
This sweet fire chicken dish is better to cook than takeout on so many levels. This slow cooker chicken recipe got chunks of tart pineapple, juicy chicken, bell peppers, and onions mixed in a spicy sweet chili sauce. If you want a healthy side dish, check out this broccoli with garlic sauce recipe!
Slow Cooker Caldo de Pollo (Chicken Broth)
This slow cooker caldo de pollo recipe is a quick cook and easy version of the Mexican soup, Caldo de Pollo.
- It’s made using shredded rotisserie chicken and tons of fresh vegetables, including carrots, celery, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- If you are a fan of chicken soup but with a spicy twist, this recipe won’t disappoint you. Perfect for getting over a cold!
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food, and making it in a crock pot is so much easier, with this crockpot chicken recipe taking under two hours to cook. The two main ingredients are thick egg noodles and juicy, shredded chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Chicken marsala is a truly elegant dish – and now it’s been adapted for the slow cooker! This slow cooker chicken recipe consists of tender chicken cooked in a light mushroom and marsala wine sauce. Not only is it delicious, but it’s way cheaper to cook than ordering it at a restaurant.
Crockpot Honey Bourbon Chicken
Don’t let the name turn you off – this chicken dish contains no actual bourbon but is named after a street in Louisiana and is commonly found in cajun-themed Chinese restaurants around the US. If you’ve made bourbon chicken before, then you will love making it with a slow cooker! This is one of my favorite meal prep ideas for weight loss because the honey and bourbon pack so much flavor while still being low in calories and high in protein.
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
As the name suggests, this recipe uses a slow cooker to cook an entire chicken at one time. Surprisingly, you actually don’t need any water or broth, either! The results are juicy, tender chicken that practically falls off the bone.
- Simply place the whole chicken in a slow cooker and let it do its thing!
- You can add potatoes and veggies for a more balanced food, but place those under the chicken to cook.
- Tip: To make the skin crispy and brown, put it under the broiler for just a couple of minutes after cooking – though this is totally optional.
Cheap and Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
For a healthy life, you need to cook healthy diet. That begins with eating these cheap and healthy crockpot recipes.
Slow Cooker Bolognese
Slow cooker bolognese is the perfect comfort food, and it’s so simple, with just five minutes of prep time. It uses just one pot to cook, making it really fuss-free, perfect to put on at the start of a lazy morning or just before you go to work. This is packed with proteins, healthy fats, and iron.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Bean Chili
This smokey chipotle bean chili is super easy to make and cook! All you need is your slow cooker, a handful of ingredients, and 5 minutes to prep. It’s also high in protein, vegan, and low in calories. Great for cooking in a big batch for meal prep, and costs just $1.61 per portion.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Brisket
No need to break out the grill for this barbecue dish! This perfect barbecue dish comes out tender and delicious straight from the crock pot.
- It requires just ten minutes of prep and makes ten(!) servings, ensuring you’ll have plenty of lunches and dinners prepped for the week ahead!
- Serve with rice and veggies or on a sandwich.
Easy Crockpot Fire Roasted Tomato Shrimp Tacos
This easy crockpot fire-roasted tomato shrimp tacos is a delicious, vitamin-C-packed dish that is easy to cook and contains a lot of nutrients, mostly due to all the vegetables, like tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Tip: You can make this dish paleo-friendly by subbing out the tortillas with fresh lettuce.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Cheese Salad
This easy crock pot chicken and black bean taco cheese salad dish requires just five ingredients (chicken, beans, salsa, lettuce, and cheese), making it practically effortless to cook.
- Just toss the chicken, beans, and salsa into the crock pot and go about your business.
- In four hours, your simple and delicious food will be ready. This is perfect if you have gluten allergies, as it’s totally gluten-free!
Slow Cooker Peach BBQ Chicken
This slow cooker peach BBQ chicken dish will have you believe it’s summer, no matter what season it is! It takes just 15 minutes to prepare – you won’t even break a sweat. The fruity peach barbecue sauce is so delicious, and because it makes three cups, there will be plenty of leftovers. This dish is paleo-friendly, plus gluten-free, and dairy-free. You can make it Whole30-friendly by serving the chicken on lettuce instead of buns. This is one of my favorite paleo meal prep ideas because of the combo of chicken +peaches.
Crockpot Banh Mi Bowls
Banh mi is a popular dish served in Vietnam, typically involving crusty French bread topped with savory ingredients. If you’re a Banh Mi sandwich fan, then consider this the crock pot version. Instead of the traditional sandwich, you’ll add vegetables, pork, and mayo.
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken cacciatore is a popular traditional Italian dish, usually made with chicken, vegetables, and wine. This Italian dish is typically prepared hunter style, meaning it includes fresh tomatoes, onions, and herbs, hence the term “cacciatore”, which means “hunter” in Italian. This one of the easy-to-make healthiest recipes is made with a thick tomato sauce and tender boneless chicken.
Crockpot Chicken and Apples
Orange juice, apples, garlic, chicken, and a bit of nutmeg powder are the only ingredients you’ll need to create this unique and delicious crockpot chicken and apples recipe. The nutmeg and marjoram leaves add a bit more flavor and make this dish more savory.
Crockpot Chicken With Walnut-Herb Sauce
This crockpot chicken recipe with walnut herb sauce is good enough for you to skip the supermarket rotisserie chicken. The cabbage-kohlrabi slaw – with cucumber, onions, lemon juice, and parsley is a wonderful side dish. Toss in more vegetables for a more balanced dish.
Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
There is no frying required when you cook this delicious eggplant dish adapted for the slow cooker. People will think you slaved over a hot stove all day, but this couldn’t be any easier. Tip: Use GF breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten-free!
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
Among all the healthy crockpot recipes on the internet, stuffed peppers have always been my favorite to cook. They’re easy to make, healthy, and require just fifteen minutes of prep work. They’re also totally customizable, so you can make them low-carb or vegetarian easily.
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes with Salmon
This nutrient-rich and creamy scalloped potatoes with salmon crock pot recipe is made using just eight ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Using canned salmon, dried seasonings, and condensed soup makes this dinner super easy to throw together. This is one of my favorite pescatarian meal prep recipes because of the scalloped potatoes!
Cheap Vegetarian & Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes
These crockpot recipes are the best you’ll find to cook if you are vegan. When you are looking for easy comforting crockpot recipes without meat, I suggest you give them a try. These recipes are suitable for both breakfast and dinner. I’ve recently been juicing vegetables 1-2x a week!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider
Your kitchen is bound to smell amazing for hours when you cook this slow cooker cranberry apple cider dish.
- Cranberry apple juice combines with spices like cinnamon, cloves, and star anise to make a cider that is perfect for Fall.
- Tip: This recipe is cheaper to prepare during apple season.
Vegan Slow Cooker Mole with Potatoes and Beans
Mole is a sauce typically used in traditional Mexican cooking.
- This cheap vegan mole with potatoes and beans crock pot recipe combines it with potatoes and beans for a satisfying food that’s nutritious and will fill you up.
- It’s so easy to make and takes as little as fifteen minutes to prepare. These go great over rice or filled in tortillas.
Vegan Slow Cooker Refried Black Beans
- You can make these without oil, though the author suggests adding some butter to make these extra smooth and creamy.
- This vegan recipe requires just beans and onions, along with some spices, making it the ultimate cheap crock pot vegan recipe.
- Tip: These beans can be made ahead and frozen, so you can enjoy them whenever you want. Just place them in an air-tight container and freeze them for up to three months!
Vegan Sloppy Joes
This vegan sloppy joe is one of the perfect meatless dinners that your whole family will enjoy. Not only does it save time, but it also saves money, using lentils as a substitute for ground beef, making it super healthy and packed with fiber. If you like this one, check out my full list of ground beef meal prep recipes!
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chilli Cheese Mac
This vegetarian chili mac is just as hearty and satisfying as the meat version but with fewer calories and more nutrients.
- If you want to make this even easier on yourself, this recipe can be frozen ahead of time and simply thawed out before transferring to your slow cooker.
- Tip: Leave out the cheese if you want to make this recipe vegan.
Crockpot Cabbage Steaks
Cabbage steaks are a great weeknight food if you’re trying to eat lighter.
- Made with just cabbage and potatoes, this is a healthy, filling meal that comes together quickly and takes no time to cook.
- I was a bit skeptical of this recipe, but I guarantee it will be a hit on any weeknight. Tip: You can substitute any root vegetables for the baby potatoes.
Vegan Slow Cooker Creamy Indian Lentils and Kidney Beans
When you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but you’re craving something hearty, try this lentil and kidney bean dish. This makes eight servings, so you’ll have plenty of leftovers to take to work for lunch. It’s also loaded with fiber, making it a super nutritious meal.
Slow Cooker Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon
This is one of my favorite vegan breakfast recipes. This cheap oatmeal with apples and cinnamon crock pot recipe not only tastes wonderful, but it smells heavenly as well.
- Prepare it the night before, and it’ll be ready to eat for breakfast right when you wake up.
- Tip: It tastes great on its own, but you can add dried fruits, nuts, or seeds to get some extra nutrition.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bake
This slow cooker chocolate peanut butter oatmeal recipe is sure to excite anyone enough to get up in the morning. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- The peanut butter provides healthy fats and protein, while the oatmeal gives you some fiber, so you’ll be full all day!
- The chocolate is just tasty, and really, do I ever need an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast?
Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes with Beef
Beef is one of the most commonly consumed meats in the United States. Fortunately, there are loads of cheap crockpot recipes that use beef in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Dumplings
This slow cooker beef stew recipe can be prepped in just twenty-five minutes and features a few shortcuts to save you time, like not requiring you to brown the beef before adding it to the pot.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
This slow-cooker mongolian beef makes for a cheap crockpot meal and tastes just as good as you’d get in a Chinese restaurant.
- This easy-to-make dinner calls for steak and a handful of other ingredients you likely have on hand, making cooking a breeze.
- Tip: Did you know you can actually make rice in the slow cooker and freeze it so that you always have some on hand?
Crockpot Balsamic Roast Beef Recipe
This easy-to-make crockpot balsamic roast beef recipe is delicious and great for leftovers because it makes so much!
- This beef is tasty and served over egg noodles, rice, or potatoes.
- Tip: You can also make this recipe ahead – just store your meal and cook as directed after thawing in the fridge. It’s good for up to three months in the freezer.
Crockpot Beef Bourguignon
Slow cooking and elegance don’t typically go hand in hand, but that’s about to change because of this fancy crockpot beef bourguignon dish.
- This recipe consists of beef, burgundy wine, fresh vegetables, and a shot of cognac for good measure.
- The beef and vegetables are cooked directly in the alcohol, giving it a heady, flavorful taste.
- Tip: This recipe does contain a lot of alcohol, and while most of it cooks off, there is likely to be some remaining, so save this recipe for the adults.
Crockpot Steak and Gravy
This requires only three ingredients and just five minutes of prep time, making it the ultimate beef crockpot recipe and the perfect supper for a busy weekday.
- Just toss in the beef, mushroom soup, and dry packets of onion soup early before going to work, and by the time you return home, it’ll be ready to eat!
- This is one of my favorite steak meal prep recipes because the gravy really enhances the flavor when you reheat it.
Picadillo is a flavorful Cuban dish that’s typically made using ground beef and potatoes, similar to hash. It also comes with an amazing sauce that’s available in a variety of flavors. You can freeze and enjoy this meal for up to three months! This food is great for Whole30 meal prepping too!
Cheap Keto Crockpot and Slow Cooker Recipes
Keto recipes are low-carb and healthy for anyone on a diet. These crockpot recipes will make your keto diet much easier to stick with. Need more recipes like this? I’ve got a list of 45+ keto crockpot recipes to help you out!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Comfort food to the rescue! This low-carb creamy broccoli cheese soup is healthier than the “real” version and makes ten servings, so there will be plenty for lunch or dinner tomorrow! Tip: Add a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses for extra cheesy goodness!
Pork Curry Slow Cooker Recipe
Pork curry is a rich, flavorful meal. This slow cooker pork curry recipe is great for making ahead, as the pork can be stored in the fridge for up to five days and in the freezer for three months!
- It gets much of its flavor from the spices used, including onion powder, ginger, cloves, and curry.
- Tip: You want to use a cut of pork that has a lot of fat so it doesn’t overcook.
- The author recommends using pork belly, but you can also use pork shoulder or pork loin.
Keto Taco Soup
This low-carb keto taco soup requires just five ingredients and ten minutes to prep. Brown ground beef in a pan, then place the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot – easy peasy! Whether you’re on the keto diet or not, this recipe can be enjoyed by everyone. It’s creamy, spicy – you’re going to love it.
Keto Crockpot Salsa Chicken
This keto crockpot salsa chicken easy-to-prepare Mexican meal prep has only three ingredients but packs a whole lot of flavor. It makes six servings, so there should definitely be leftovers, and because it’s low-carb, it’s definitely good for people on the keto diet.
Cheap and Easy Crockpot Recipes
Although crockpot recipes are generally easy to make, these recipes are the easiest crockpot recipes known to man, with some of them requiring as few as three ingredients.
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
Everyone loves coming home to a creamy crockpot chicken alfredo.
- The simplest way to make this restaurant-quality dinner is by combining chicken thighs and homemade alfredo sauce in the crockpot.
- Serve with fettuccine noodles and a side salad for a comforting meal.
- Tip: You can use crockpot liners to make clean-up even easier!
Crockpot Baked Cheese Potatoes
Did you know you can make baked potatoes in the crockpot? It’s so simple you’ll start pulling out the crockpot just for these!
- Merely brush with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then wrap in foil and place in the crockpot.
- Top with sour cream, cheese, and bacon for a hearty side.
Apple-Dijon Pork Roast
This apple-dijon pork recipe is an easy-to-prepare crockpot dish that takes as little as five minutes to prepare and with only five ingredients. Serve with mashed potatoes or some greens for a nourishing meal.
Crockpot Turkey Tetrazzini
Turkey tetrazzini is a classic American casserole dish made with turkey, spaghetti, mushrooms, and cream, and now you can make it in the crockpot! This recipe switches it up by adding a little wine to the mix, which enhances the taste! This is one of my favorite ground turkey meal prep crockpot recipes because of how well it reheats!
Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs are one of the most commonly enjoyed dishes out there.
- This recipe uses store-bought meatballs to make things easy – you don’t even have to thaw them!
- Just toss everything, minus the spaghetti, in the crockpot, then add the noodles thirty minutes before the sauce is done, and you’ve got a one-pan dinner.
- You can add onions and chopped carrots for flavor and nutrition.
Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
This slow cooker apple dump cake is a five-ingredient crockpot dessert that will definitely be a hit. It uses boxed cake mix and canned apple filling, which makes it super convenient, and it cooks in under two hours, so you can have this on the table right after dinner.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
This slow cooker chicken and gravy dish is the kind of filling dinner you need after a hard day at work. Fortunately, you have a crockpot that will lighten the load when it comes to preparing a healthy dinner for your family.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
This delicious, easy-to-make crockpot dinner only requires six ingredients, and you can toss ‘em all in the crockpot at once and just walk away. Don’t go too far, though, as you’ll want to use this crockpot buffalo chicken recipe for everything from tacos to enchiladas and lettuce wraps. This recipe is paleo, Whole30, keto-friendly, and gluten-free!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
This rich, chunky spaghetti sauce is similar to a bolognese, which means it’s hearty and delicious. This is one of my favorite pasta meal prep ideas because the flavors in the sauce meld in the crockpot, and then you simply serve it over pasta.
- Serve this over noodles with crusty French bread and green leaf salad for a tasty, satisfying meal.
- You can add mushrooms or zucchini to make it even healthier.
Slow Cooker Cocktail Sausages
These are absolutely the easiest sausages you will ever make in a crockpot. Smothered in Worcestershire, dijon, sriracha, and ketchup-based sauce, these sausages are kind of addicting! If you intend on having leftovers, double the batch because they’ll be gone in no time.
Crockpot Pizza Pasta Casserole
This tastes like pizza in a pot. Loaded with your favorite toppings and two types of cheese, this hits the spot when you’re craving that pizza goodness. With just fifteen minutes of prep, now you can avoid the takeout line and the delivery guy with this super simple pizza pasta casserole crockpot recipe.
Cheap High-Protein Crockpot Recipes
Protein is an essential nutrient for building muscle. Try one of these healthy crockpot recipes if you’re trying to get in shape! Many of these are also on my list of meal prep recipes for muscle gain!
Crockpot Honey Garlic Meatballs
These protein-packed honey garlic meatballs are easy to make, and you most likely have all the ingredients needed on hand. These make a great appetizer or as a dinner when served over rice. This is one of my favorite meal prep ideas for healthcare workers because it’s so easy to eat on the go if you’re in a hurry.
Crockpot Baked Beans
This crockpot baked beans is by far one of the easiest crockpot recipes on this list.
- It’s totally customizable, so you can use pinto beans, kidney beans, and black beans to make this a protein and fiber-rich meal.
- This recipe can be served as a side dish and goes great at the dinner table, potluck, or barbecue.
- Tip: these beans can be frozen for up to eight months.
Crockpot Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes
Similar to crockpot chicken, pork tenderloin is a great source of lean protein, which is helpful in building muscle, making this a great meal for after a workout. With sweet potatoes and onions, this recipe has a lot of nutritious veggies too! This is one of my favorite bodybuilding meal prep recipes because of the pork tenderloin + sweet potatoes.
Slow Cooker Beef and Kabocha Stew
Nothing is more comforting on a cold, snowy day than a bowl of warm beef stew. This rich slow cooker beef and kabocha stew is full of flavor and will definitely keep the whole family full.
- The kabocha squash adds a subtle sweetness that plays beautifully with the savory beef.
- Tip: You can use pre-cut butternut squash in place of the kabocha squash if you’re trying to save time
Cheap Crockpot Winter Recipes
There are those cold, frigid days when you just don’t want to do any kind of cooking. This is where crockpot chicken recipes come in: they help you get a nourishing, delicious dinner on the table with minimal work and help turn dreary Winter days into warm, memorable ones with just a few ingredients.
This is one of my favorite Winter chicken supreme crockpot recipes.
- It’s easy to prepare and turns boring old boneless chicken breast into a warm, hearty meal that can be served over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
- You can add alfredo sauce to enhance the flavor.
Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
This hearty crockpot corned beef and cabbage meal is commonly made on St. Patrick’s Day, but it’s also great on a cold day.
- Be sure to add the cabbage at the end of the cooking time to ensure it stays crispy and tender.
- Corned ground beef typically comes with a seasoning packet, but you can make your own, and it tastes so much better!
Asian Slow-Cooked Short Ribs
After a long, dreary Winter day, you want to come home to a hot meal. Something hearty and substantial – something that will warm you to the core. These Asian slow-cooked short ribs fit the bill nicely if you’re looking for an Asian meal prep recipe.
Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
This cheap and easy-to-make crockpot chicken wild rice soup recipe is the perfect Winter food for your entire family. It goes beautifully with chicken, but it’s just as delicious with ham, meatballs, or pork. This crockpot chicken is one of my favorite macro-friendly meal prep recipes because of the chicken + wild rice, and veggies.
Cheap Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Egg, Spinach, & Ham Casserole: Stuffed with egg, spinach, ham, cheese, mushrooms, and onions, this is one amazing crockpot breakfast recipe. Not only is this recipe super easy, it also cooks in just two hours. Tip: adding crushed pie crust makes this extra indulgent.
- Stuffed French Toast: This Stuffed French Toast recipe is bursting with peanut butter and jelly goodness – it’s like you’re eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast. Not just kids will like this recipe!
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole: This delicious slowed-cooked sausage casserole is perfect for a hearty breakfast. It’s keto-friendly and only takes 10 minutes to prep.
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos: This delicious slow cooker breakfast recipe is perfect for busy mornings. You can pop all the filling ingredients in the slow cooker the night before and wake up to the delicious aroma of eggs, sausage, and hash browns.
Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes for Desserts
- Vanilla Slow Cooker Cheesecake: Yes, you can actually make cheesecake in the slow cooker! The cinnamon and vanilla give this cheesecake an amazing aroma and flavor, but the best part about making it in a slow cooker is the minimal effort required. Slow cooking also gives it a silky-smooth texture.
- Slow Cooker Bread Pudding: This slow cooker bread pudding is made with day-old French bread and studded with plump, juicy raisins. It cooks up in under three hours, giving you plenty of time to get dinner on the table before you dig into this!
- Slow Cooker Old-Fashioned Tapioca: Homemade tapioca is a delicious but time-consuming dessert, but that can be avoided with this slow cooker recipe! Simply toss milk, sugar, and tapioca in the slow cooker and let it do the rest! Kids and adults will love this old-fashioned tapioca recipe that takes just ten minutes to prep.
- Slow Cooker Fruit Compote: Fruit compote is a great dessert, as it’s loaded with sweet fruits that are good for your health. Of course, being a slow cooker recipe means it’s also easy to make. This recipe makes a great dessert or side dish at parties and potlucks.
- Slow Cooker Bananas Foster: This classic dessert is typically made over a fiery stove, but not here! This recipe combines the flavors of rum, caramel, bananas, and vanilla, which blend to create a natural taste that endures in your mouth. Using a crockpot to make this dessert will definitely be effortless and fun (no open flames required)
- Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake: If you like peanut butter cups, then you’ll love this recipe. Not only do you get a cake that tastes like a peanut butter cup, it’s even better because you can prepare it with a crockpot. Cupcakes are an awesome dessert choice, but these peanut butter cupcakes are both awesome and healthy!
Sample Meal Prep Plan Using Crockpot Recipes
|Recipe Name||Number of Servings||Suggested Days of the Week||Prep Time (minutes)||Cook Time (hours)|
|Easy Crockpot Fire Roasted Tomato Shrimp Tacos||4-6 servings||Sunday||15||4-6|
|Slow Cooker Beef Stew With Dumplings||6-8 servings||Monday||20||6-8|
|Crockpot Vegetarian Chili Mac||4-6 servings||Tuesday||15||6-8|
|Crockpot Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes||8-10 servings||Wednesday||20||8-10|
|Crockpot Chicken and Rice||4-6 servings||Thursday||15||4-6|
|Vegan Slow Cooker Creamy Indian Lentils and Kidney Beans||6-8 servings||Friday||15||6-8|
|Crockpot Glazed Chicken Teriyaki||4-6 servings||Saturday||10||4-6|
Are These Crock Pot Meals Suitable for Vegetarians?
There are several vegetarian and vegan crock pot recipes included in this article. Whether you want something quick and easy, budget-friendly, or a tasty meat-free option, these recipes have covered you. They’re all about making your meals simple and super tasty!
How Long Does It Take To Prepare These Crock Pot Meals?
The preparation time for these crock pot meals varies depending on the recipe, though most take less than half an hour to prepare. They’re ideal for those busy days when you desire a tasty homemade dinner but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. Enjoy the convenience and save time for yourself!
Can I Freeze and Reheat These Crock Pot Meals?
You can freeze and reheat these crock pot meals. They’re a game-changer when you crave the convenience of cooking ahead or preserving extra servings to savor on another occasion. Remember to use airtight containers or freezer bags to keep them fresh and delicious when ready to enjoy them again.
Need More Cheap Slow Cooker and Crockpot Recipes?
If you know you’re going to be meal prepping in your crockpot all the time, then I definitely recommend checking out a couple of my other lists of meal planning recipes: 15 cheap crockpot soup recipes or my list of healthy slow cooker recipes.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.