This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Buying a new set of cookware is a big decision. Cookware is super expensive so you’ll want it to last forever. We’ve done an insane amount of research and testing of different cookware options.
We’ve got an epic list of the best stainless steel cookware made in the USA for you to pick from.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used to pick the American made stainless steel cookware:
- Quality of make
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter. Our motto is “buy it once” and that means investing in quality cookware.
That’s why our top two picks are:
- Overall best: HexClad 7-Piece. HexClad is one of the hottest brands in the cookware market and for good reason. Their cookware is incredibly high quality, durable, and has the best nonstick coating that exists. This is a great set for a great price.
- Most affordable: Heim Concept 12-Piece set. This cookware set won’t blow you away, but if you’re tight on funds, this is our go to option.
Today, we’re going to show you the very best cookware brands made in the USA so that you can find the perfect one for you.
Our team has spent over 30 hours researching and comparing all of the most popular cookware options. We’ve read through hundreds of customer testimonials and reviews and we’ve personally tested dozens of different kinds of cookware like All-Clad, Ninja, Hexclad, and more. I’ve published over 40 articles all about cookware and tested over 50 different pots and pans from all different brands.
- Best Stainless Steel Cookware Made in the USA
- 1. Overall Best Stainless Steel Cookware Made in USA – HexClad 7-Piece Hybrid Stainless Steel Cookware Set with Lids
- 2. Most Affordable- Heim Concept Stainless Steel Cookware Set 12-Piece
- 3. Highest Quality – All-Clad Brushed D5 Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10-Piece
- 4. Best Easy to Clean Stainless Steel Cookware – 360 Stainless Steel Cookware Set 6 Piece Set
- 5. Strongest Cookware – Heritage Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set, Titanium Strengthened Stainless Steel
- 6. Most Versatile Stainless Steel Cookware – Viking Professional 5-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10 Piece
- 7. Best Value – Duxtop Professional Stainless Steel, 17PC Induction Cookware Set
- 8. Most Durable – Made In Cookware, 10 Piece Stainless Steel Set
- Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best American Made Stainless Steel Cookware
- Common Questions About Stainless Steel Cookware
- How Do You Keep Food From Sticking to Stainless Steel Cookware?
- Why Do Chefs Use Stainless Steel Pans?
- Can You Use Stainless Steel Cookware on High Heat?
- Is Stainless Steel Cookware Good for Everyday Cooking?
- How Do You Clean Stainless Steel Cookware?
- How Can You Tell if Stainless Steel Cookware Is Good Quality?
- Is Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware Made in the USA?
- Final Verdict: Which USA Stainless Steel Cookware is Right for You?
Best Stainless Steel Cookware Made in the USA
Here’s a quick overview showing all of our top picks and the factors we looked at in our research. You can click through on any model to check out the recent price. You can also take a look at other customer’s stainless steel cookware reviews.
We’re huge fans of cooking with stainless steel pans. They take a little bit of time getting used to them, but they are fantastic and super versatile.
If you want something a little more standard, you can try a hard anodized cooking set. We’ve got a comparison guide you can read: Stainless steel vs hard anodized cookware
1. Overall Best Stainless Steel Cookware Made in USA – HexClad 7-Piece Hybrid Stainless Steel Cookware Set with Lids
Over time, it’s natural for stainless steel pans to start showing scratches, but what if you want fantastic-looking pans for life? Then we would highly recommend you check out this HexClad 7-piece cookware set!
Featuring an innovative hexagonal etched design, each pan is highly durable and completely scratch-resistant. This hexagon-etched base also offers a non-stick surface, so you don’t need to stress about food sticking and burning when cooking on the stovetop.
To add another layer of durability to these pans, HexClad has used an aluminum core. However, this innovation does come at an increased cost, as this set is more expensive than the budget Heritage Steel 10-piece set.
Innovation in the world of kitchen cookware is rare, but HexClad has achieved this. Their unique hexagonal surface offers a new dimension to cooking and is more than worth the asking price!
- Innovative hexagon base – provides added durability to your pans and is incredibly scratch resistant.
- Superb stay-cool handles – lowers the chance of accidental burns when cooking.
- Aesthetic design – will make a perfect accompaniment to any kitchen decor.
- Low-quality lids – the included lids could be slightly higher quality.
- Shallow pans – some of the larger pans could be a little deeper.
- HexClad Cookware combines high quality stainless steel with a laser-etched non-stick surface using...
- HexClad Cookware is completely non-toxic and PFOA-free. The surface is a combination of ceramic,...
- HexClad Cookware is ready for any kitchen, thanks to compatibility with all types of cooktops...
2. Most Affordable- Heim Concept Stainless Steel Cookware Set 12-Piece
Depending on what you’re planning to cook, you may be looking for an oven-safe cookware set. The Heim Concept Stainless Steel Cookware 12-Piece Set is designed to offer oven cooking functionality at an affordable price.
This 12-piece set offers everything you will need to cook your favorite dishes. The 5.75-quart casserole dish is a standout as it has been designed to withstand high temperatures for long periods, which is perfect for oven use!
Each pan included in this set of American-made cookware features a stainless steel interior that’s easy to keep clean and is surprisingly scratch-resistant. As these pans are mainly designed for oven use, you may want to check out the Duxtop Professional set if you are mainly looking to use your stovetop.
Not only is this 12-piece set perfect for oven use, but it also includes what could be considered some of the best stainless steel cookware made in the USA for the price. Be sure to add this set to your shopping basket as soon as possible!
- Oven functionality – The pans are mainly designed with oven use in mind.
- Easy to clean – stainless steel interior can be wiped down with hot water and soap.
- Versatile collection – The 12-piece set includes everything you could need.
- Durability could be improved – the non-stick coating will eventually begin to fade.
- No wok – meaning you will need to spend a little extra to find a matching wok.
- ALL WITH LID: 10.5-inch Fry pan, 1.75-quart Sauce pan, 1.75-quart, 2.25-quart, 3.25-quart,...
- HEAT QUICKLY: The 3 layered bottom with heat conduction. Oven safe to 550°f, the cookware are...
- DRIP FREE POURING: Rims are tapered for drip free pouring. The handle might be hot when you using...
3. Highest Quality – All-Clad Brushed D5 Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10-Piece
Heat distribution is incredibly important when trying to cook food. Uneven distribution can lead to uncooked food that is burnt in some areas, which isn’t an ideal outcome when cooking a meal.
If this is an issue you regularly face, then look no further as the All-Clad Brushed D5 USA Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10-Piece is just what you need. Each pan evenly distributes heat, cooking food thoroughly and ensuring each meal is cooked to perfection.
Each aspect of this cookware set is incredibly high quality, from the stainless steel handles to the wide selection of stainless steel lids. The base of each pan is slightly more scratch-prone than those included in the Hexclad 7-piece set, but this can be expected for the price.
For pure cooking prowess and to impress even the fussiest of eaters, consider investing in this fantastic 10-piece set! Our 10 in All-Clad frying pan is one of the best pans for cooking steak I’ve ever used.
- Efficient design – ensures heat is distributed evenly.
- Durable steel – the high-quality stainless steel handles and lids will last a lifetime.
- Dishwasher safe design – saves you time when it comes to washing the dishes.
- Can feel heavy – due to the durable stainless steel design.
- Scratch prone – regular dishcloths may leave scratch marks on the base of the pans.
- Set includes: 8 & 10-inch fry pan, 1.5 & 3-quart sauce pan w/ lid, 3-quart sauté pan, and 8qt stock...
- 5-ply bonded construction with alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum for warp-free...
- For an added touch of refinement, it features a beautiful and easy to maintain brushed finish and...
4. Best Easy to Clean Stainless Steel Cookware – 360 Stainless Steel Cookware Set 6 Piece Set
Everyone dreads that moment when you need to scrub your pans after cooking; it truly feels like it takes an eternity. 360 Cookware understands our struggles and has thankfully crafted this easy-to-clean 6-piece cookware set.
Crafted from surgical-grade stainless steel and offering non-stick functionality, this 6-piece set is easy to maintain. Simply fill up your sink with hot soapy water and scrub away any grease using a non-abrasive sponge.
The pans included in this set are completely stovetop and oven safe, meaning they are suitable for almost any cooking task. This set could be slightly more versatile, especially when compared to the Viking Professional 10-piece set, but overall it still offers everything you will need.
If you’re tired of spending hours at the sink trying to get rid of nasty stains, this 6-piece stainless steel cookware bundle should be on your wishlist!
- Easy to clean – surgical-grade stainless steel cookware is designed to be cleaned with ease.
- Versatile cooking capabilities – this stainless steel set features both oven and stovetop safe pots and pans.
- Waterless technology – reduces the need to use fats and oils to prevent sticking.
- Plain design – although compatible with any decor, the plain design isn’t very eye-catching.
- Price may be considered high – this set is slightly more expensive than similar options on the market.
- Quality and Construction: Surgical Grade Stainless Steel. Multi Core for rapid, and even, heat...
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees F. Ergonomic handles for easier and better control. Works on every type...
- Waterless Cookware Capable: A century old technology. The construction of our pans with lids create...
5. Strongest Cookware – Heritage Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set, Titanium Strengthened Stainless Steel
Affordable USA stainless steel cookware sets that still offer high-quality cookware can be hard to find. Thankfully, this 10-piece cookware set from Heritage Steel offers everything you could need without breaking the bank.
One of the biggest issues people tend to face with cheaper products is their lack of durability, but this isn’t the case with this set. Each pan is constructed from titanium-strengthened stainless steel, ensuring this set lasts you for years to come.
Usability has also been heavily considered as Heritage Steel has used ergonomic handles to offer ease of use. The lower price does mean it is harder to clean than the 360 6-piece set, but you should still be able to scrub away even the toughest of stains.
If you’re not looking to splash out on stainless steel cookware, but you still want a high-quality set, be sure to check out this Heritage Steel 10-piece set!
- Extremely affordable – perfect for any budget shoppers looking for a reliable set.
- Durable collection – high-quality titanium-strengthened stainless steel adds an extra layer of durability.
- Ergonomic handles – prevents aches in your wrists when using this set.
- Hard to clean – especially between the stainless steel rivets.
- May lose its shine – steel shine tends to fade over time.
- TITANIUM-STRENGTHENED: Specialty 316Ti cooking surface is strengthened with titanium for 20x...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The cooking surface cooks evenly, readily releases food, and cleans easily.
- 5 PLY CONSTRUCTION: We use multiple layers of metal including 3 layers of aluminum for enhanced heat...
6. Most Versatile Stainless Steel Cookware – Viking Professional 5-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10 Piece
The world of cuisine is packed to the brim with delicious recipes that any budding chef will want to try. This is why your chosen stainless steel cookware set should offer high levels of versatility.
Fortunately, the Viking Professional 5-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10 Piece offers just that – an incredibly versatile cookware bundle! And, it’s one of the rare cookware brands made in the USA.
This 10-piece set offers a range of pots and pans so you can start cooking your top dishes, from its high-quality frying pans to the professional-grade stockpot. Each pan is designed to offer you the perfect way to rustle up a fantastic meal with ease.
All of the pans included in this set are crafted using commercial-grade stainless steel, providing you with professional tools in your home kitchen. The added versatility does mean that each pan isn’t quite as efficient as the All Clad D5 set, but the extra tools make up for this.
If you like to try a range of new dishes and you are looking for a cookware set you can rely on, be sure to keep this versatile Viking bundle in mind!
- Extremely versatile 10-piece set – there is a pot or pan for any occasion in this steelware set.
- Unique Stay-cool handles – helps avoid nasty burns when cooking with high temperatures.
- Aesthetically pleasing – the satin steel finish provides a premium look to this set.
- Weighty handles – the handles found on the skillet can be fairly weighty
- Discoloration over time – meaning the pans don’t look as good after constant use.
- Set include 8-Inch & 10-Inch Fry Pans, 2-Quart & 3-Quart Sauce Pans with Lids, 8-Quart Stock Pot...
- With an elegant satin finish and five layers of metal, this premium line of kitchen cookware is...
- 5-Ply Professional is optimized for all cooktops including Induction. Ergonomic Cast Stainless...
7. Best Value – Duxtop Professional Stainless Steel, 17PC Induction Cookware Set
Most pans are designed for stovetop use, but few can compete with this Duxtop Professional Stainless Steel 17PC Induction Cookware Set. This incredibly versatile set offers some of the best stovetop pans you will find in America!
Due to their stainless steel design, all the pans included in this set can distribute heat well and withstand the high temperatures of any stovetop. So whether you are planning on cooking on an induction cooktop or a gas hob, these pans will get the job done.
While this set is the best for stovetop use, it can’t quite compete with the Heim Concept set when it comes to oven-based meals.
On top of this, this cookware set comes with all the accessories you need to start cooking a range of recipes. In this set, you will find a selection of cooking utensils, such as a 2-prong fork, as well as an impressive 9.5-inch steaming basket.
If you’re on the market for a fantastic stovetop cooking set, then look no further than this offering from Duxtop!
- Stovetop functionality – this set has been designed with stovetop use in mind.
- Robust collection – everything you could need is included in this 17-piece set.
- Dishwasher safe – all the pans included are completely dishwasher safe.
- Handwashing can be hard – some of the stains will require heavy scrubbing to completely get rid of.
- Heavy pans – some of the larger pans in this bundle can be fairly heavy.
- FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL & STURDY: Duxtop stainless steel pots and pans are made of premium food...
- FAST & EVEN HEATING: Heavy gauge impacted-bonded aluminum encapsulated bottom of the kitchen...
- FEATURES: Duxtop induction cookware feature a classic straight-sided and drip-free pouring design....
8. Most Durable – Made In Cookware, 10 Piece Stainless Steel Set
When buying products online, you will want to ensure that your chosen purchase is high quality. We can say with confidence that few stainless steel cookware sets are as high quality as this Made-In 10-piece set.
Designed with professional performance in mind, this cookware set can offer you restaurant-quality cooking in the comfort of your kitchen. When compared to cheaper options, such as the Heritage Steel 10-piece set, it’s easy to see why the asking price for this bundle is a little higher.
The commercial-grade stainless steel is not only effective at heating food, but it is also incredibly durable. Each pan consists of 5-unique metallic layers to ensure food is cooked to perfection every time.
What’s more, every pan is handcrafted, meaning you can be certain that they all pass Made-In’s high-quality assurance.
If you are looking to invest in high-quality stainless steel set for your kitchen, then this bundle from Made-In can easily be considered one of the best in America!
- Professional-grade cookware set – this is perfect for use in both a commercial and a personal setting.
- Handcrafted pans – this means you can expect incredible quality assurance.
- Traditional aesthetic – the timeless design will complement any kitchen decor.
- Can be expensive – the price may be seen as too expensive, especially compared to competitors.
- No accessories – does not come with any cooking accessories such as utensils or spare pans.
- Made In Cookware
- Cooking Perfection - This 10- Piece stainless steel cookware set contains everything you need to be...
- Professional Performance - Cook like the pros with even heat conduction and balanced weight for...
Buyers’ Guide: How to Pick the Best American Made Stainless Steel Cookware
Before you buy the first stainless steel cookware set, you will want to take the time to consider a range of factors. This will help you ensure that your chosen set will offer everything you need and that you aren’t spending more than you need to.
Below you can find our buyers’ guide to help you find the best stainless steel cookware made in the USA.
|HexClad 7-Piece Hybrid Stainless Steel with Lids||Aluminum, Stainless Steel||Dishwasher safe|
|Heim Concept Stainless Steel 12-Piece||Stainless Steel||Dishwasher safe|
|All-Clad Brushed D5 Stainless Steel 10-Piece||Stainless Steel||Heat distribution|
|360 Stainless Steel 6 Piece Set||Stainless Steel||Induction friendly|
|Heritage Steel 10 Piece, Titanium Strengthened Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Titanium strengthened|
|Viking Professional 5-Ply Stainless Steel 10 Piece||Stainless Steel||5 Ply construction|
|Duxtop Professional Stainless Steel, 17PC Induction||18/10 Steel||Biggest set|
|Made In Cookware, 10 Piece Stainless Steel Set||Stainless Steel||Includes nonstick pans|
The construction of your pan is incredibly important, especially if you don’t want it to break after a few weeks of use. There are two main types of construction you will find in pots and pans, disc-clad and fully clad.
Disc cladding is one of the most common types of pan construction on the market due to its affordability. It may not offer the versatility or heating prowess of fully clad pans, but it is still an excellent design. The best pans for a disc-clad construction are saucepans and stockpots.
Fully clad pans tend to be more expensive than their disc-clad counterparts. This is mainly because fully clad pans tend to offer higher levels of versatility.
When trying to decide which bundle is a worthy investment, check out what pans are fully-clad. Ideally, you will want your skillet, wok, or saucier to feature a fully-clad construction!
As with any purchase you make, you should heavily consider the price of your chosen product. You don’t want to spend more on a specific product than you can afford, especially if a cheaper product will offer the same functionality.
A great way to avoid spending more than you need is to set yourself a budget and stick to it. Try to consider what you need in your stainless steel cookware set and whether or not you need a branded option – this will help you establish a set budget!
As you can see, the most affordable stainless steel cookware set is the Heim 12 piece. However, we’d actually recommend the Duxtop 7 piece set instead though. It’s the second cheapest, but higher quality.
Quality & Durability
When purchasing a stainless steel set, you will want to ensure that you are investing in a high-quality cookware set. One of the greatest benefits provided by stainless steel cookware is its durability. Not only is stainless steel resistant to stains, but it is also resistant to corrosion, rust, and similar structural damage.
But, it can be hard to know exactly what to expect from your chosen set until you have tested it yourself.
Luckily, there is a way to check whether or not a specific set is worth its asking price. Customer reviews are an excellent way to check the quality of any online purchase. Stainless steel is also far more durable than copper cookware.
In the world of stainless steel products, the steel used is measured through a grading system. The better the grade of a stainless steel cookware set, the more expensive it tends to be. We would recommend finding a middle ground when choosing your cookware set. The perfect balance between quality and cost tends to be commercial-grade stainless steel cookware!
Perhaps the best high-quality cookware set currently on the market is the Made In Cookware, 10 Piece Stainless Steel Set! The Heritage Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set also performs well in this category.
Heating capacity is an extremely important aspect of any cookware set. You don’t want to splash out on a set of expensive stainless steel products only to quickly discover that they don’t heat your food evenly.
For its incredible heating capacity, we would have to recommend the All-Clad Brushed D5 Stainless Steel Cookware Set 10-Piece. This collection of stainless steel sauce and frying pans offers high levels of heat distribution, ensuring your food is cooked evenly throughout!
The HexClad 7-Piece is known for its incredibly even heat conductivity!
Shapes and Sizes
In the cooking world, pots and pans can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes depending on their function. Your average frying pan will tend to be a shallow but large tool, whereas a typical stockpot is much deeper.
When comparing stainless steel sets, also ensure that it includes pots and pans across a range of shapes and sizes. Versatility is extremely important in the cooking world as different dishes will require different cooking tools.
All stainless steel cookware sets will aim to offer the same functionality; to cook your food evenly. However, some will achieve this better than others, especially when you start looking at premium options.
It can be hard to know exactly which cookware sets will perform better than others until you have trialed them yourself. Much like gauging the quality of a cookware set, the best way to get an idea of a pan’s functionality is to read through a couple of reviews.
Generally, as long as your cookware set can maintain high temperatures and evenly distribute heat, they should be more than suitable for most kitchens.
If you want an awesome nonstick coating applied to your stainless steel cookware, you’ve gotta go with the HexClad 7-Piece set.
Depending on your needs, two cookware sets stood out for their functionality. If you are looking for an effective oven-safe set check out the Heim Concept Stainless Steel Cookware Set 12-Piece.
For stove-top functionality, we would highly recommend the Duxtop Professional Stainless Steel, 17PC Induction Cookware Set!
Style and Design
As the style of your pan will rarely impact its cooking capabilities, your choice for this category will mainly come down to personal taste. However, depending on the aesthetics of your kitchen, you may want to invest a little more in a pan that has a style that suits your tastes.
The HexClad 7-Piece Hybrid Stainless Steel Cookware Set features a unique hex design that improves the durability of your pans. It also offers a scratch-resistant design that can vastly improve the durability of your stainless steel set!
Easy to Clean
Pans can be notorious for being extremely difficult to keep clean. We’ve all spent what feels like hours trying to scrub away a stain or residue from cooking from our pans, which is why easy to clean pans are fantastic investments.
Thankfully, most stainless steel cookware sets are easy to maintain as stainless steel itself is relatively easy to keep clean.
However, the 360 Stainless Steel Cookware Set 6 Piece Set is still a standout set, thanks to how easy it is to keep clean. If you don’t want to spend hours of your day scrubbing away grease, then be sure to check out this awesome set!
The HexClad 7-Piece set has the best nonstick coating in the market which makes it incredibly easy to clean.
Piece Count & Accessories
When purchasing a stainless steel pan, you will generally be looking to invest in a full cookware set. Most of the bundles will include everything you need to start cooking, but it’s still worth checking that your chosen stainless steel cookware set contains everything.
Ideally, you will want at least one frying pan, a saucepan, a saute pan, and a few pans with lids, such as a cooking pot. You may also want to find a set that contains a stainless steel skillet, as this can be extremely useful when cooking.
In terms of versatility, the 10-Piece Viking Stainless Steel Cookware set offers all the pots and pans you will need for your kitchen!
Common Questions About Stainless Steel Cookware
How Do You Keep Food From Sticking to Stainless Steel Cookware?
To avoid food sticking, you will want to check that your stainless steel cookware is at the right temperature before adding oil. To do this, drop a little water into your pan while it is over a heat source. If the water crackles, then that’s a sign that your pan is ready to use, and you can add oil to your cookware!
Why Do Chefs Use Stainless Steel Pans?
Stainless steel pans are incredible in the kitchen as they can maintain heat extremely well. On top of this, due to their design, their heat distribution is even across the entire pan, helping chefs ensure that food is cooked thoroughly.
Can You Use Stainless Steel Cookware on High Heat?
Yes, you can use stainless steel cookware on high heat sources. Steel is incredible at maintaining and distributing high levels of heat, meaning stainless steel cookware sets are some of the most cooking tools on the market!
Is Stainless Steel Cookware Good for Everyday Cooking?
Stainless steel is naturally scratch and rust-resistant, so you won’t need to worry about overusing your stainless steel cookware set. It is also suitable for most food types, thanks to its even heat distribution and high-temperature resistance.
How Do You Clean Stainless Steel Cookware?
Keeping your stainless steel cookware set clean is surprisingly easy, especially if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. For general use, simply use hot soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge to wipe away any residue after cooking.
How Can You Tell if Stainless Steel Cookware Is Good Quality?
A great way to get a rough idea of the quality of a set is to check out a few reviews. You should also check what grade the stainless steel used in a cookware set is. Ideally, if you don’t want to spend too much, commercial-grade stainless steel is the best option for most kitchen purposes!
Is Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware Made in the USA?
Although a great brand of stainless steel cookware, Cuisinart stainless steel cooking pots are not made in the USA. Most Cuisinart products are made in China, while some are made in France.
Final Verdict: Which USA Stainless Steel Cookware is Right for You?
Stainless steel is easily one of the most impressive materials used in the cooking world. Thanks to its fantastic durability and ability to maintain high temperatures, it is the perfect material for cookware sets.
Each bundle of American-made cookware featured today will offer everything you need to cook the perfect meal. However, the HexClad 7-Piece set could be considered the best stainless steel cookware made in the USA.
If budget is the biggest priority, you can go with the Heim 12 piece set, which is the cheapest on our list. We’d recommend the Duxtop 7 piece set instead though. It’s the second cheapest, but higher quality.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.