This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
If you’re trying to decide if the Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fryer Oven is worth it, we’ve got you covered. Today, we’re going to take a deep dive into the Ninja Foodi oven and help you decide whether it’s the right product for you. We’ll cover everything from the build quality to the warranty, before giving you our final overall verdict at the end of our Ninja Foodi air fryer review.
Want the quick hits?
- We love it – We HIGHLY recommend this toaster oven and air fryer combo over a typical toaster oven and wish we’d bought it instead of our air fryer instant pot combo.
- Versatile – You can use this for almost everything you need to do in the kitchen. It can air fry, toast, bake, and so much more.
- Price – You won’t need to buy a bunch of other kitchen gadgets since this is an 8-in-1 product. Buy this and you’ll actually save yourself money.
- Quick Overview: Ninja Foodi Digital 8-In-1 Countertop Air Fry Oven
- Things We Learned After Testing the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
- Deep Dive: Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Review
- 8 Different Cooking Settings to Pick From
- Final Verdict
Quick Overview: Ninja Foodi Digital 8-In-1 Countertop Air Fry Oven
The Ninja Foodi digital air fry oven is a kitchen appliance that has clearly been designed with convenience at the forefront of the mind. You get a whopping 8 different cooking functions in the package, meaning the Foodi can replace a number of your existing appliances on your counter space in one fell swoop.
The Foodi is probably most well known as a digital air fry oven, but this is really only scratching the surface of what it can do. Once you’ve got to grips with how the device works, you’ll rarely find yourself cooking a meal like a frozen pizza without using it at some point.
- Air Fry
- Slow Cook
- Air Roasts
- Air Broils
- Keep Warm.
- Impressive value – The range of functions eliminates the need to buy many other gadgets, saving you money overall.
- Efficient – Cooks a variety of fried foods evenly – you get perfect results every time with none of the work!
- Maintenance – Easy to clean, some parts come off to allow better access to the areas that get the most dirty.
- Quick – Preheats almost instantly, unlike an oven or deep fryer.
- Compact – Easy to store because of its flippable design, which is a convenient storage solution. It doesn’t take up to much counter space, unlike having individual gadgets to perform all of the Foodi’s functions on your counter space.
- Quiet when in operation so you can still talk to others in the kitchen easily.
- Simple design – Easy to use digital controls means even technophobes and those with little cooking experience can be making delicious dinners with ease.
- Very versatile – You can cook almost anything in it!
- Cooler than an oven to use – Doesn’t transfer much heat to the kitchen when in use.
- Cleaning – The air fry basket and the shallow pan usually require cleaning after every use, unlike a deep fryer which only needs cleaning out once in a while.
- Durability – Anti stick sheet pan can warp at very high temperatures.
- Capacity – Typically enough space to cook for 3-4 people at once – not an ideal solution for larger families or dinner parties.
- Cost – Quite expensive, but this is offset by the device’s feature set meaning it offers great value overall.
- DIGITAL CRISP CONTROL TECHNOLOGY: Precision-controlled temperature, heat source, and airflow for...
- 8-IN-1 VERSATILITY: The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: Air Fry, Air Roast,...
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air...
Things We Learned After Testing the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
We recently tested the Ninja Foodi oven and identified a number of key things to know. These are the kinds of insights you won’t read on the manufacturer’s box.
- The warming function is genius – One of my favorite parts of this kitchen product is that once you’re done cooking, it can automatically switch over to warming. This means that you can air fry your food, air roast it, or whatever you want to do, and then the air fry oven can keep it warm while you wait to serve.
- Wait to clean, but not too long – One thing I’ve learned with different air fryers of different sizes is that the sooner you’re able to clean them, the better. When food has time to stick, it can be much harder to get off. WIth this air fryer, you need to give it about ten minutes to cool down before cleaning.
- Takes a bit longer to cook – The recipe book is very helpful, but we tested a few recipes and found that their recommended times were not quite long enough to get the food as crispy as we like!
- Flip food halfway – One of the things we liked about the air fryer was that the convection air flow meant that we wouldn’t need to flip food halfway ton get a good crisp on it. We found that this wasn’t quite the case. If you want best results, then flip halfway.
- Flip upright – We didn’t see this before buying it, but have seen others mention it. One of the big problems with “all in one” kitchen products is that they tend to be bulky and take up a ton of counter space. The Ninja Foodi Air fryer has the ability to be flipped upright so that it’s standing on its side. This allows it to take up half the space that it would otherwise.
Deep Dive: Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Review
Now that we’ve got a decent overview of the Ninja Foodi oven, let’s go a little deeper and really find out how good it is. We’ve broken this in-depth review down into useful sections to help you quickly find the information you’re looking for.
One of the best things about the design of the Foodi is the hinged door that opens outwards. Many other Ninja products have a lid that opens upwards, which makes it very difficult to store the devices underneath cabinets or in tight spaces. The Foodi air fry oven can have this door since it doesn’t have a pressure cooking function and doesn’t need a tight seal.
Another useful design feature Ninja included with the Foodi air fry oven is the window on the front of the device. Many air fryer devices don’t have this, and being able to see your food while it’s cooking is super helpful.
When it comes to pure aesthetics, it’s hard to say that the Foodi air fry oven doesn’t look great. The brushed stainless steel finish gives the device an ultra-modern yet timeless look. The Foodi would fit right into any kitchen and is unlikely to look dated in a few years’ time. The size of the XL 10 in 1 air fry oven is one of the best large air fryers you can buy!
As with all Ninja appliances, the Foodi’s build quality is second to none. From the sheet pan to the cooking rack, every component of the oven has been constructed with incredible attention to detail, from the front control panel to the removable wire shelves. Components like the sheet pan feel like they could last a lifetime and will definitely be able to stand up to a beating in the kitchen.
You’ll be glad to know that the digital control panel on the Foodi is one of the best around. There are only a handful of buttons on the front of the device, but they allow you to control every aspect of the cooking process quickly and efficiently.
The cooking modes are selected using an ergonomic wheel, while the safe serving temperature and time are controlled via the two large buttons below. There’s also a power button and a light button that illuminates the interior of the oven.
In our opinion, the Foodi’s digital control panel is one of its best features. It’s a real pleasure to use and will never have you fumbling around in frustration. Competitors take note – this is how you design an intuitive control system!
Specifically, the air fry oven outputs 1800 watts of power, which is pretty impressive for a device of this size. You won’t be able to fit a bundt pan, but thanks to this power, the Ninja Foodi air fry oven is able to cook up to 60% faster than other toaster ovens and dedicated air fryers. The Foodi gets up to temperature in just 60 seconds and can produce a full sheet pan meal in as little as 20 minutes.
To put it simply, when it comes to the Foodi, you have nothing to worry about in the performance department. It performs just as well, and often better, than its competitors across all of its functions. You really can’t ask for any more than that!
Ease of Cleaning
The Foodi air fry model has a number of features and heating elements built in to make cleaning as efficient and straightforward as possible. The main feature in this category is the crumb tray, which slides underneath the cooking shelves to catch anything that falls through. The crumb tray can either be brushed off after use or thrown in the dishwasher to get rid of any stubborn material.
Another great cleaning system on the Foodi is the removable back panel. This panel can be popped off in seconds to give access to the inside of the device. Once you’ve got the panel off, cleaning the interior of the Foodi is an absolute breeze. Many of the Foodi’s competitors don’t offer this kind of easy access, and it’s definitely a big plus for this Ninja oven.
The oven’s main cooking components and heating elements, such as the nonstick sheet pan and air fry basket, can be safely put in the dishwasher for cleaning. Ninja has clearly thought carefully about making the Foodi air fry oven easy to clean – it’s really great to see a brand putting this amount of effort into something that can make the user experience so much better.
The Foodi comes with useful cooking charts and 15 chef-approved recipes to get you started. If you’re a newcomer to the world of air frying, we’d recommend trying out some of these recipes when you have the chance. The recipes are specifically designed to work perfectly with the Foodi, and we can tell you that they’re all super delicious (especially the chicken wings one!).
8 Different Cooking Settings to Pick From
As you know, the Ninja Foodi oven comes with 8 different cooking settings as standard, that’s like having 8 different appliances on your counter space. Each of these has been specifically designed for a certain purpose, so it’s important to know what all of them can do before buying.
- Air Fry :If you’re interested in buying the Ninja Foodi digital, then chances are you’re looking for an air fryer. The air fryer is the Foodi’s flagship feature, and for good reason too. It’s an exceptional fryer that gets food golden, crisp, and delicious in record time. Ninja is well-known for having some of the best air fry technology around, and it’s great to see air frying in full flow on the Foodi.
- Toast: Toast lovers rejoice; this is the toasting function you’ve been waiting for! With space for up to 9 slices of bread, the Ninja Foodi is your solution to the family breakfast rush. The Foodi’s excellent oven toast bread precisely and evenly every single time.
- Air Roast Like air frying, air roasting produces similar results to standard roasting, just without the fat. In just under 25 minutes, the air roast function can produce lightly browned, tender food. It’s particularly great for meat cuts that you want to keep juicy and tasty.
- Air Broil: Air broiling is one of the best ways to enjoy succulent meats such as chicken. The Foodi’s air broil function keeps all the moisture locked inside the food for juicy and browned results. No more dry chicken breasts for dinner!
- Bake: Another of the Foodi’s key features is its baking circuit. This function makes use of the device’s excellent airflow and even heating, offering flawless bakes that you can rely on. It doesn’t matter if you’re into bread making or cake design, the Foodi can help you get the perfect bakes that you’re looking for!
- Dehydrate: The dehydrate function on the Foodi is really good for small amounts of food, but if you’re doing any sort of serious drying, then we’d recommend looking for an industrial dehydrator. The Foodi just isn’t large enough to provide enough air circulation for large volumes of food.
- Bagel: The special bagel toasting setting on the Foodi is very similar to the toasting feature. It’s used to get bagels golden and crispy by circulating hot air around them. It differs from the toasting function by using different air temperatures and movement speeds
- Keep Warm: To serve food warm is fantastic for dinner parties or any occasion when you’re cooking multiple courses. Not having to worry about complex timings can relieve stress when cooking for others.
Is the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Worth It?
The Ninja Foodi air fryer is absolutely worth the price. This is especially true if your household doesn’t currently own lots of cooking appliances. Being able to pick up 8 different tools in one package is a great deal that works out much cheaper than buying toaster ovens and other appliances individually.
Is Ninja a Reliable Air Fryer Manufacturer?
Ninja is one of the most well-respected and dedicated air fyers manufacturers as well as an authority in other kitchen appliances in the world today. This reputation hasn’t come from nowhere either – Ninja has consistently produced high-quality products that are packed with functionality.
Does a Ninja Foodi Oven Replace a Toaster Oven?
Yes, the Ninja Foodi can replace a toaster oven. The Foodi has an excellent toasting function that produces perfectly browned toast every time. Thanks to its additional power, it also toasts quicker than a standard device, saving you some precious cooking time during the morning rush.
Overall, the Ninja Foodi is an exceptional air fryer and oven and one of the best air fryer options we’ve seen, with a fantastic range of bonus features that can really help out in the kitchen. If you need a powerful, practical product from a reliable brand, then you can’t go wrong with the best air fryer. It’s a great purchase, as you’ve hopefully seen in our Ninja Foodi air fryer review today.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.