This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
In a search for the best pan for eggs over easy for your kitchen? I have a solution for you. Eggs are the most popular meal especially breakfast and also the easiest to cook.
Probably you have eaten eggs in a restaurant and asked yourself what kind of technique they use to have tasty (and noticeably unburnt) eggs. The answer is simple: using the right choice and quality frying pan for eggs.
With the best pan for eggs over easy, even cooking boiled or scrambled eggs is easier and efficient.
Even if it sounds like extra stuff to store, you definitely want a pretty dedicated, specialty pan for cooking your eggs. But why?
- You’re less likely to damage the non-stick coating and need to replace the pan as often since eggs are a very gentle food (and you’re going to use soft, non-metal utensils).
- You’ll never risk using the pan to cook other foods that require high heat. High heat cooking can damage and degrade the nonstick coating sooner, which means you need to replace the pan more often.
- You’ll always have a great egg pan ready when you want it since it definitely won’t be dirty from someone using it to cook a different dish!
These pans make it easy to prepare eggs without sticking and allow to thoroughly flip and fry the eggs. I have chosen the best pan for eggs over easy to simplify the task of searching through lots of choices on the market.
- The Best Pans for Eggs Over Easy
- 1. Lodge Pre Seasoned Inch Cast Iron Carbon Skillet
- 2. All-Clad E785S264 HA1 Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- 3. Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick
- 4. Lodge L10SK3CN Skillet Cooking, 12″
- 5. Tramontina 80114/537DS Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan
- 6. T-fal E93808 Professional Nonstick Fry Pan
- 7. Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Skillet Bundle
- 8. GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
- 9. All-Clad 4112NSR2 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Non-Stick Fry Pan
- 10. Copper Chef 9.5 Inch Square Frying Pan
- Comparison Table
- FAQs on the Best Pans for Eggs
The Best Pans for Eggs Over Easy
1. Lodge Pre Seasoned Inch Cast Iron Carbon Skillet
Without a doubt, Lodge is the best-cast iron manufacturer with a large variety of cookware on the market. The Lodge Pre Seasoned Inch Cast Iron Carbon Skillet is all that you’ll want in a cast-iron skillet!
This skillet is durable enough to last for generations offering versatility in cooking and frying of eggs over easy.
The skillet comes with an already seasoned surface to save the trouble of seasoning. In case of the seasoning doesn’t suit your taste, you can season it again.
Some people have complained of the seasoned surface rough but cast iron cookware becomes smoother and better after more use. No synthetic coatings and chemicals due to healthy methods of seasoning.
- The right skillet to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Seasoned cast iron cookware
- Features 2 handles for heavy lifting
- Two subtle side lips for pouring
- Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
- Compartible in all heat sources, Gas, electric, induction.
- Made in the USA
2. All-Clad E785S264 HA1 Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
All-clad never fails with its quality cookware made to last long and provide the best performance. This E785S264 HA1 frypan comes in 8 and 10 inches with a wide flat base and also a low profile shape.
The nonstick coating is PFOA which is strong to resist scratches. It can cook on all heat sources like gas, induction, electric, halogen, and ceramic. The base has an anti-warp base of stainless steel for induction purposes.
Riveted stainless steel handles make handling easier. Overall pan construction is made of hard-anodized Aluminum to provide fast and even heat distribution.
- Oven safe to 500 degrees F (without lids)
- Hard-anodized aluminum construction for fast, even heating and easy cleanup. It is very Durable
- PFOA-free Scratch Resistant nonstick coating (Exceptional Performance)
- Handwash recommended
- Stainless-steel handles contoured for a comfortable hold and permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets
- Limited lifetime warranty
3. Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick
This Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick pan comes with great features to cook eggs very easily and other foods perfectly. It has a durable nonstick surface that ensures the cooking of healthy foods with less oil or fat.
The construction is made of heavy gauge Aluminum which provides even heating and also lasts longer.
Its long stainless steel handles stay cool on the stovetop. The pan is also oven safe up to 450° F. The pan’s sides are designed to be sloped for east rolling and tossing.
- Durable Nonstick Interior – three layers of nonstick. Two layers provide durability and the third layer offers easy release performance.
- Heavy Gauge Aluminum Construction – even heating and long-lasting durability, perfect for everyday use.
- Stay-Cool Handles – Long, cast stainless steel handles to stay cool while on the stovetop for comfortable handling.
- Stovetop & Oven Compatibility – Oven safe up to 450 degrees F and compatible with electric, gas, halogen, and glass stovetops.
- Sloped sides are designed for easy tossing and rolling.
4. Lodge L10SK3CN Skillet Cooking, 12″
A versatile and extremely durable cast iron skillet is one of the best-selling cookware of lodge brand. Lodge L10SK3CN Skillet Cooking comes already seasoned ready to use.
It has 12 inches and 2 inches deep with an ergonomic design that make it flexible for all kitchen uses and even for camping purposes.
The already seasoned cookware provides a healthy and free from chemical frying surface. Pre-seasoned cast iron pans can be difficult at the start, but as you continue using them, the better the seasoning becomes.
This lodge can make eggs over easy every morning together with other roasted meals efficiently. Proudly made in the USA with over a century of experience, Lodge always provides top-notch cast iron cookware.
- The right tool to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with every use
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating.
- Versatile to cook at home in the oven, stove, on the grill or over the campfire
- Ergonomic design
5. Tramontina 80114/537DS Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan
Tramontina 80114/537DS is made of commercial-grade 3004 heavy gauge Aluminum. This construction makes the pan durable and perfect for even heating for the best quality eggs over easy.
The nonstick surface is made of high-performance PFOA which can resist scratches. Also cleaning is made easy with it being dishwasher safe.
It is compatible with gas, ceramic glass, and electric heat sources. The pan is oven safe for up to 400 F / 204 C.
Handles are riveted with a removable soft-grip silicone sleeve which enables safe handling of the pan. You can get the 14-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, 8-inch, and the 2 pack varieties depending on your frying needs.
Tramontina Professional Restaurant Fry Pans are designed and crafted to increase the performance in both the commercial and gourmet kitchens.
- High-performance reinforced PFOA-free nonstick, dishwasher-safe
- Works with gas, electric and ceramic glass, oven-safe (400 F / 204 C)
- NSF-Certified commercial-grade 3004 heavy-gauge aluminum
- Riveted handle with removable, soft-grip red silicone sleeve
- Satin Exterior Finish – appeals to commercial kitchens and home chefs.
- Durable material and design.
- Lifetime Warranty
6. T-fal E93808 Professional Nonstick Fry Pan
The T-fal E93808 Professional Nonstick Fry Pan, a T-fal brand always brings uniqueness in its products that create high performance and easy usability. The most outstanding feature of this pan is the unique Thermo spot technology.
T-fal Thermo-Spot heat indicator shows when the pan is preheated to start the frying process and also regulate the temperatures. When it is heated, the thermal pattern disappears and turns to a red color.
The base of the pan is made with stainless steel material for induction purposes which require high resistant heat material. It distributes heat evenly and it’s compatible with all cooktops.
In terms of the nonstick surface, its made of pro-metal pro nonstick interior which is very durable and scratch-resistant. The nonstick interior is also easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
It’s easy to move the pan due to sturdy riveted silicone handles which allow a comfortable and secure grip. Handles are oven safe up to 400-Degree F.
- Prometal Pro nonstick interior is exceptionally durable and scratch-resistant, safe for use with metal utensils.
- The unique T-fal Thermo-spot heat indicator shows when T-fal pan is perfectly preheated for cooking.
- Riveted Silicone Handles for comfort grip.
- Dishwasher safe; Oven safe to 400 degrees F.
- Safe for all cooking methods including induction
- Stainless steel disc for even heat distribution and anti warp protection
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
7. Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Skillet Bundle
There is no surprise to see Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Skillet Bundle dominating this list because of their unmatched quality products. The lodge bundle comes in 12 inches, 10.25, and 8 inches sets.
Just one pan is never enough for the average family kitchen and that why this is the perfect frying pan set to buy. This offers variety to cook different sizes and meals in the kitchen.
The seasoned cookware is 100% healthy and free from the chemicals found in other nonstick frying pans. Lodge seasons its pans with vegetable oil which is very healthy.
It’s better to use proven cookware which has been around for years and durable enough to cook for generations.
- Seasoned and ready to use -Lodge seasons all of their cookware with vegetable oil before it leaves the foundry
- 12” + 10.25” + 8” Cast iron skillet bundle.
- No synthetic coatings or chemicals, 100% vegetable oil seasoning
- Tough and strong for decades of cooking
- Quality heat retention and even heating
- Compatible with all heat sources
8. GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
The GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, a Greenlife brand focuses on healthy cookware and the GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set is no exception. GreenLife is made with Thermolon ceramic nonstick free from PFOA, PFAS, lead or cadmium.
Greenlife handles are oven safe up to 350F and an ergonomic stay-cool soft grip for maximum comfort to handle the pan.
This cookware set has excellent heat conducting ability due to the sturdy Aluminum reinforced body construction.
With buying the set, it comes with a 7” open frypan, 4” mini frypan, 9.5” open frypan, 1QT covered saucepan, 2QT covered saucepan. Also, you get a 5QT covered stockpot, 2.5QT covered sauté pan, 7” stainless steel steamer, and 4 kitchen utensils.
Considering the price, it is economical cookware set to offer different sizes of frying pans and pots.
- Aluminum reinforced sturdy body for even heat distribution and less use of energy.
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe handles for up to 350F.
- Stay cool soft-grip handles for comfortable handling and movement.
- Thermolon ceramic non-stick is healthy and free from chemicals.
9. All-Clad 4112NSR2 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Non-Stick Fry Pan
This All-clad fry pan comes with a 3 ply bonded construction which consists of durable stainless steel and Aluminum core. This creates a pan with even heating throughout the frying process.
It has a 12-inch wide flat base and a low profile shape. 3 layers of PFOA make the nonstick surface which makes cooking easier and cleaning effortless.
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees F
- Stainless-steel handles permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets
- Three layers of PFOA-free nonstick
- 3-ply bonded construction consists of durable stainless steel encapsulating an aluminum core for even heating throughout
- 18/10 stainless steel cooking surface is highly polished for scratch resistance and is also non-reactive, preserving food’s natural flavors
- Compatibility; Compatible with all stovetops, including induction.
- Dishwasher Safe
- Made in the USA; limited lifetime warranty;
10. Copper Chef 9.5 Inch Square Frying Pan
A quality Copper Chef 9.5 Inch Square frying pan made from copper and ceramic nonstick which enables food to fry without sticking. The square design offers more room to cook than the ordinary frying pans.
The copper chef frying pan is free from chemical materials and also its oven safe for up to 850 F. It has a tempered glass lid that allows easy monitoring while cooking without losing heat.
If you are looking for a healthy alternative frying pan for eggs over easy, this is a great choice to have in the kitchen.
- Heat Resistant Up To 850° F
- Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Outer Coating
- Riveted Handles For Extra-Secure Grip
- Unique square design gives up to 25% more room to cook vs. ordinary round pans.
- Stainless Steel Induction Plate For Even Heat Distribution
- Heavy-Duty 5-Layer Construction
- Works On All Stove Tops: Gas, Electric, Ceramic & Induction
- Dishwasher Safe
- Tempered Glass Lid oven safe up to 500°
|Lodge Pre Seasoned Inch Cast Iron
|Induction Stovetop Compatible
|All-Clad E785S264 HA1 Hard-Anodized Nonstick
|Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum
|Lodge L10SK3CN Skillet Cooking
|Tramontina 80114/537DS Professional Aluminum Nonstick
|Gas, and Electric Stovetop Compatible, Dishwasher Safe
|T-fal E93808 Professional Nonstick
|Oven Safe, Non Stick
|Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Skillet Bundle
|Hand Wash Only
|GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick
|All-Clad 4112NSR2 Stainless Steel
|Copper Chef 9.5 Inch Square
FAQs on the Best Pans for Eggs
What’s the Difference Between Over Easy and Over Medium Eggs?
Over easy eggs are cooked by flipping and the egg yolk remains runny while over medium eggs, the yolk is slightly runny. It’s just a small difference.
Are Over Medium Eggs Safe to Eat?
Yes, the medium eggs are safe to eat because eggs have no effect regarding the way they are cooked. Some people eat even raw eggs for various reasons.
Generally, all eggs are safe to eat whether sunny side up, over easy, over medium, and over well-cooked eggs.
What Type of Pan Is Best for Eggs?
Buying a pan with a nonstick interior is always your best choice with eggs, just due to the texture of eggs. Consider options such as hard-anodized aluminum or ceramic coatings for well-made, nonstick options.
Cast iron is always a surprising yet excellent option for a naturally non-stick pan, due to the “seasoning” process. Many people consider cast iron to be one of the best options for cookware due to the lack of chemicals on the cooking surface.
What Else Can I Do to Keep Eggs From Sticking?
You can put a small amount of butter or cooking spray in your pan prior to cooking your eggs. Although a high-quality nonstick pan that does not require any sort of oil is always the healthier option.
Another way to make sure your eggs don’t stick is to make sure your pan is in good condition. Even an excellent non-stick pan can get worn down coating over time, which means the eggs will likely start to stick more and more over time, even in the presence of cooking oils.
Avoid using the wrong temperatures, both for your eggs and for your pan, when cooking. If it’s too low, you may forget about the eggs while waiting and they’ll burn onto the pan. If your cooking temperature is too high, the eggs will basically burn onto almost any pan’s surface, regardless of coating or oils used.
Can I Cook Eggs in a Stainless Steel Pan?
You can, but you’ll definitely need to add a fair amount of fats or cooking oils to the pan to prevent the eggs from sticking. That’s why you won’t find any stainless steel pans on this list (at least in terms of the cooking surface).
You’ll have to cook it more “low and slow,” over medium heat with amply oils to prevent sticking, making this a much less healthy breakfast. This is why nonstick pans are ideal for eggs, to improve the nutrition and health of your food.
How Can I Make an Over Easy Egg Without Ruining It?
Check out this video on how to flip an over easy egg without breaking it:
From the list above, it’s easy to pick the best pan for eggs over easy for quality frying. The majority of the frying pans are made of stainless steel, aluminum, and cast iron which are safe materials for cooking.
The heat distribution is perfect creating a fast and reliable pan for easy egg cooking. Also, the pans are from reputable brands with quality and high-performance products.
Purchasing the right pan will increase the efficiency of cooking in your kitchen. The pans and cookware I selected are affordable for the best value possible.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.