This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
Air fryer turkey burgers are my go-to for a healthy and delicious burger. They are super lean, containing minimal fat, and are perfect for low-calorie meal prep. These air fry turkey burgers are freezer-friendly, making them great to cook in batches and have later in the month. They just take 10 minutes to cook!
Serve them up with some salad and delicious sweet potato fries for a healthy, wholesome meal.
The ingredients are flexible and can be adjusted to suit your taste or cooking style. Want to heat it up a notch? Toss in a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Want to amp up the garlic powder? That may kick it up a notch. That’s one of the greatest things about these air fryer turkey burgers. They are flexible enough to satisfy anyone’s tastebuds!
Turkey – Use good quality fresh ground turkey mince.
Panko Crumbs – We used panko crumbs for extra texture, but you can replace them with regular breadcrumbs
Mustard – We loved the slight kick for spicy mustard, but other mustards like Dijon are a great replacement
Herbs & Spices – Feel free to mix the herbs and spices up; more delicious additions include dry parsley, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- 【Revolutionarily designed in california】with exclusive...
- 【Higher security】 quality with US fda, emc, ETL, ak...
- 【5. 5 qt & easy to clean】check out our VIDEO on the left...
Expert Tips & Tricks
How to stop your air fryer burgers from sticking
When you’re making air fryer turkey burgers from scratch, they can get sticky, and it’s entirely normal. The best way to stop them from sticking is to use non-stick cooking spray and parchment paper.
If you don’t have parchment paper on hand, have a look at some of these parchment paper substitutes.
Use a cooking oil with a high smoke point
Air fryers are hot! It’s what helps give you those delicious results. It’s essential to use a high smoke point cooking oil, and this will avoid burning.
We recommend avocado oil, it’s a little more expensive, but it’s healthy and has an extremely high smoke point!
Half freeze your turkey burgers
Place your air fryer turkey burgers in the freezer for 20 minutes; this will help them hold their shape while cooking.
Step by Step Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a sturdy spoon or mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
2. Form approximately 50 gram round patties from the meat mixture, using a ramekin if needed.
3. Place formed turkey burger patties on non-stick parchment paper and carefully put them into a disposable plastic bag.
4. Place bag of turkey burger patties into the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
5. Set air fryer to “Air Crisp” and preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees – following manufacturer’s instructions (see notes). Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, then place the turkey patty into the air fryer basket.
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the turkey burgers have cooked all the way through.
7. Remove from air fryer basket, serve with your favorite burger fillings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both ground turkey and beef are nutritious meats that are a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. If you’re looking to reduce your calories or follow a weight loss meal plan, ground turkey is better.
Make sure to follow the cooking times precisely, and this won’t be an issue. If you’re using a small air fryer and need to cook in batches, the best way to stop the air fryer turkey burgers from drying is to keep them under aluminum foil. You can stack the burgers on top of each other so that any juices will drip onto the patty lower while keeping them hot.
No, that’s the great thing. Once you add the turkey burgers to the air fryer, you don’t need to think about them until the timer goes off.
Recipes You May Like
- Crockpot Glazed Chicken Teriyaki
- Quinoa and Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Bean Chili
Air Fryer Turkey Burger
- Large Bowl
- Sturdy Spoon
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Turkey lean
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Red Onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Mustard spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a sturdy spoon or mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Form approximately 50 gram round patties from the meat mixture, using a ramekin if needed.
- Place formed turkey burger patties on non-stick parchment paper and carefully put them into a disposable plastic bag.
- Place bag of turkey burger patties into the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Set air fryer to "Air Crisp" and preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees – following manufacturer's instructions (see notes). Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, then place the turkey patty into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the turkey burgers have cooked all the way through.
- Remove from air fryer basket, and serve.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.