This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
As houses and apartments get smaller and families get bigger, one of the biggest issues I have to deal with inside the home these days is the lack of space offered to me.
This is particularly true in the kitchen, where large appliances dominate the space and my cupboards and countertops become cluttered with blenders, toasters and a range of cookware. However, one of the biggest space-consuming culprits are pots and pans.
Although absolutely essential to any kitchen set up, various pots and pans that are all different shapes and sizes take up more than their fair share of available space, and they’re also pretty awkward to try and organize into some sort of order within my cupboards themselves.
There is hope though. Cue the marvellous invention of stackable pots and pans! As their name suggests, these pan sets have been ingeniously designed to neatly stack into one another and save up to 30% in precious kitchen space.
But finding the right set for your kitchen can be a bit of a minefield. Obviously you need them to stack and save you space, but what else can they offer you?
- If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
- Best Stackable Pots and Pans – Reviews
- Best Stackable Pots and Pans – Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
To help take the hard work out of the decision making process, I’ve compiled a list of five of the best stackable pots and pans available, along with a super useful buying guide that’s packed full of hints and tips on what to look out for when you’re making your purchase.
So, grab a seat, settle down, and join me on my journey through the best stackable pots and pans. I guarantee that pretty soon you’ll be the proud owner of a great quality set, all the while marvelling at the amount of free space you’ve created in your kitchen!
If you’re looking for a fantastic set of stackable pots and pans in a hurry, then check out my top pick below.
Best Stackable Pots and Pans – Reviews
1. Farberware 13 Piece Stackable Cookware Set
Cleverly designed with a Russian doll style storage system, this 13 Piece Stackable Cookware Set from Farberware is ideal for saving space in smaller kitchens, or for keeping surfaces clear if you’re going for that minimalistic look.
Their stackability is only one of their features though, and they are also designed to provide you with amazing cooking performance. The first of these features is the enhanced non-stick interior that ensures no ingredients weld themselves to the pan, allows for quick release of food from the pans and makes cleaning up a breeze!
Each pan is constructed using high-performance aluminum, which is renowned for being super strong without adding unnecessary weight. They are also oven safe up to 350ºF, which gives you even more versatility over the delicious recipes you can create with these pans.
A innovative dual-riveted handle uses a Neat Nest™ interlocking system that allows you to stack the pans without taking up any extra space, and also helps to keep the non-stick surfaces safe from scratches by making minimal contact with the base of the stacking pans.
- A 13 piece stackable cookware set comprising of a mixture of different sized saucepans, sauce pots, stock pots and frying pans
- Each pan stacks inside it’s larger counterpart using Neat Nest™ technology to help save space wherever needed
- The non-stick interior of each pan gives you a high-performance cooking surface and makes washing up quick and easy
- Oven safe up to 350ºF for ultimate versatility
- Constructed using high-performance aluminum which is super strong but also light in weight
- To protect the non-stick interior surface it’s recommended that these pans are not placed in the dishwasher. However, the nature of the non-stick coating ensures that washing by hand is really easy.
- Space saving cookware set: Neat Nest pots and pans stack together for maximized storage with...
- Handle the heat: High-performance aluminum construction heats quickly and evenly to eliminate hot...
- Premium nonstick: Enhanced nonstick interiors provide excellent food release and super easy cleanup
2. T-Fal Anodized Stackable Non Stick Pan Set
One of the most famous cookware brands out there is T-Fal and, thanks to the quality of their design and construction, this Anodized Stackable Non Stick Pan Set certainly helps to explain why that is.
Let’s start with their patented Heat Mystery™ technology, which is a combination of three different key features that provide you with the best cooking quality possible. This comprises of a superior non-stick coating, an anti-warping base that distributes heat evenly and the world-renowned thermo spot technology. This amazing feature also makes these pans oven safe up to 400ºF.
The thermo spot technology works by using a centrally placed ring located on the inside of each pan to indicate when you’ve reached the optimum cooking temperature. When the ring turns into a solid red circle, you’ll know it’s time to get cooking! Match this technology with the titanium reinforced, scratch resistant interior and you’ve got yourself some extremely hard wearing pans.
However, it’s the stackability of this pan set that I’m really impressed with. No more unnecessarily wasted cupboard space or messy-looking countertops, each pan stacks neatly inside it’s larger partner to save you tonnes of space. And, to top it all off, you’ll also receive a limited lifetime warranty, which is a testament to the quality of this product.
- Each of the six pans in this set is designed to stack inside one another to save you space, and you also receive three utensils with the set
- Uses innovative Heat Mystery™ technology, a combination of superior non-stick coating, an anti-warp base and thermo sport technology to give you the perfect cooking experience
- The world famous thermo-spot technology takes all the guesswork out of cooking, and indicates when your pan has reached the optimal temperature
- A titanium reinforced, scratch resistant interior makes these pans extremely hard wearing
- Comes complete with a limited lifetime warranty
- Customers that previously purchased this pan set noted that it was slightly smaller than they were expecting, so they may not be suitable if you’re catering for large families
- Built to perform: A true workhorse in the kitchen, hard anodized aluminum retains perfect heat and...
- Heat mastery system: T fal's heat mastery system is a three ingredient recipe for perfectly...
- Thermo spot indicator: The ring around the spot turns solid red to show when pans are perfectly...
3. Calphalon Premier Space Saving 15 Piece Non Stick Pan Set
The largest set of pans on my list, the Premier Space Saving 15 Piece Non Stick Pan Set from Calphalon is perfect for creating a variety of meals and provides you with a variety of differently sized pans without taking up a huge amount of space in your kitchen.
Designed to stack in any order, which also takes the difficulty out of rearranging and moving pans to get the size you need, these pans take up 30% less cupboard and countertop space on average. Paired with their quality, anodized aluminum construction, you’ll also be getting a set of pans that are highly durable but don’t have any extra weight to them.
Each pan features a non-stick interior that ensures no ingredients can get stuck in the pan, and also reduces the amount of oil you need to use when cooking. They are also designed to evenly distribute heat across the cooking surface, so there won’t be any annoying hot spots, and they are oven safe up to 450ºF.
The non-stick surface makes them incredibly easy to wash by hand, but they are also fully dishwasher safe for even easier cleaning. Another impressive feature is that they are metal utensil safe, which is rare for non-stick pans, and won’t show any scratches or wear and tear whatever you use to cook with.
- A 15 piece pan set comprising of a mixture of differently sized saucepans, frying pans and stock pots
- Designed to stack in any size order, saving you up to 30% in cupboard and countertop space
- Constructed using anodized aluminum for ultimate durability with a lightweight feel
- Totally non-stick and oven safe up to 450ºF
- Also dishwasher safe and metal utensil safe
- Some previous customers found that the design of the glass lids (which have a handle on either side rather than one on the top) made it slightly more difficult to quickly remove it to add more ingredients into the pan.
- Included with the set: 8-inch fry pan, 10-inch fry pan, 12-inch fry pan, 2.5-quart sauce pan with...
- Stacks smaller and nests in any order, saving up to 30% more space
- Built to last, with a 40% longer-lasting nonstick (vs. Calphalon Classic)
4. Kookantage Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Set
Cast iron is a favorite cooking material amongst chefs and home cooks all around the world, but it is renowned for being heavy, cumbersome and space-consuming. However, thanks to this Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Set from Kookantage, you can still have the experience of cooking with cast iron even if you have a smaller kitchen.
The set itself comprises of three differently sized pans (6”, 8” and 10”), which allows you to cook a variety of different meals without worrying about your ingredients fitting in the pan, and means that they stack neatly into each other when not in use. Cast iron is also oven safe and each of these pans can go straight from the hob to the stove, withstanding temperatures up to 425ºF, giving you extra versatility over your recipes.
Each pan has been pre-seasoned with baked vegetable oil, resulting in a beautiful black surface that provides you with non-stick cooking performance and ensures smooth food-release. They are also fantastic at retaining heat, and are ideal for keeping food warmer for longer once you’ve finished cooking, meaning no more reheating if you’re going back for seconds!
This set of cast iron pans also comes with 2 heat-resistant handle covers, allowing you to get a safe grip on them whilst you’re cooking, and the handles themselves feature a cleverly designed hole at the top which provides you with somewhere to rest your utensil, or hang the pans for display should you wish.
- A set of three cast iron skillets in sizes of 6”, 8” and 10” that are designed to stack into each other and safe space in your kitchen
- Pre-seasoned using baked vegetable oil for use straight out the box
- This pre-seasoning also ensures you’ve got a non-stick surface to cook on
- Have amazing heat-retention properties and are oven safe up to 425ºF
- Comes complete with two heat-resistant handle covers
- In order to retain it’s quality, it’s advised that cast iron is never washed in a dishwasher
- Healthy– Cast iron cookware is less smoother than the Non-Stick cookware. Iron deficiency is...
- Kitchen Must-Have – 6/8/10-inch open fry pan to fit your everyday cooking needs and techniques –...
- Precision Heat Distribution – This cast iron skillet has a smooth finish to help provide even heat...
5. Granitestone 10 Piece Cookware Set
Designed to save you up to 30% in cupboard space, this 10 Piece Cookware Set from Granitestone comprises of a mixture of frying pans, saucepans, skillets and stock pots, all of which stack into one another.
Each pan has a reinforced nonstick cooking surface that ensures you get the best cooking experience possible and provides easy food-release. This non-stick surface also allows you to cook with less oil or butter, so makes a great choice if you’re looking for a healthier way to cook as well.
The coating within the pans is also highly durable and can withstand a variety of utensils, including metals, without becoming easy scratched or damaged. Meanwhile, the aluminum exterior of the pans is highly dense and wear-resistant, providing amazing durability without being overly heavy.
They also feature stay-cool handles, so you won’t have to worry about accidentally burning yourself as you move the pans from hob to hob, and they are oven safe up to 500ºF. Totally dishwasher safe, cleaning them couldn’t be any easier, and to top it all off you’ll receive a 10 year guarantee that covers you for repair or replacement in the unlikely event of something going wrong with them.
- A 10 piece cookware set made up of a mixture of saucepans, frying pans, skillets and stock pots, all of which are designed to stack into one another
- Each pan has a non-stick coating which is also highly durable and scratch resistant
- The aluminum exterior is extremely strong and wear resistant, but is also light in weight
- Stay cool handles keep you safe when cooking on the hob, and the pans are also oven safe up to 500ºF
- Comes complete with a 10 year warranty
- A few people that previously purchase these pans noted that there was a slight issue with water getting trapped inside the lids when cleaning them
- SPACE SAVING – This pots and pans set revolutionary new design allows you to easily organize your...
- ULTRA NON-STICK – The nonstick cooking surface is coated 3x, reinforced with diamonds to deliver...
- COMPLETE COOKWARE SET – this set includes everything you need to get cooking, right out of the...
Best Stackable Pots and Pans – Buyers Guide
If you’ve got a smaller kitchen or if you simply prefer to keep your countertops as clear as possible, then a set of stackable pots and pans is definitely a good option for you to consider.
However, as with all kitchen equipment, it’s important to think about what you need from it before diving straight in and purchasing the first set you come across. To help you make a more informed decision, I’ve outlined some key points below that will help you find the best stackable pots and pans for your individual needs.
|Farberware 13 Piece Stackable||13-Piece||18 pounds|
|T-Fal Anodized Stackable Non-Stick||12-Piece||15.21 pounds|
|Calphalon Premier Space Saving 15 Piece Non Stick||15-Piece||37.8 pounds|
|Kookantage Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron||3pcs Cast Iron Skillet||10.32 pounds|
|Granitestone 10 Piece||10-Piece Stackable||20.4 pounds|
Size of Set
The first thing you need to think about is how many pots and pans you need from your set. Have you just moved into your new house and are starting from scratch? Or do you already have some existing pots and pans that you’d like to keep alongside your new set?
Stackable pot and pan sets come in a wide variety of sizes, from a 3-piece set right up to a 15-piece set, with the latter giving you a wider choice of different equipment to use. So it’s worth looking at what each set comes with (frying pans, skillets, saucepans, stock pots, etc.) and then deciding whether you’re likely to use all of them.
If you’re trying to save space in your kitchen, but you know that your culinary prowess only really extends as far as needing a frying pan and a saucepan then a larger set may not be the best choice for you, as anything else is likely to remain unused and take up precious space in the meantime.
Likewise, if you’re a keen home cook or are catering for a large family, then a bigger set that comes with a variety of pots and pans in a range of different sizes might be exactly what you need.
Whatever size you go for, the most important thing to be certain of is that you have an allocated area for it and that it won’t take up any more cupboard or countertop space than absolutely necessary.
It’s fairly obvious that a set of stackable pots and pans will need to, well, stack. However, you may be surprised to learn that there are actually a plethora of ways in which different sets stack within one another, so it’s definitely something worth looking at.
The majority will stack exactly as you imagine they will, just by being placed on top of one another in pyramid fashion, however Neat Nest™ is an innovative technology found in some sets of stackable pots and pans that has changed the game.
It works using a clever design that staggers the handles of the pans at different intervals across their various sizes, meaning that they all line up perfectly straight when they are stacked. This may not seem like much, but it actually helps to save up to 30% of cupboard space without you even realizing!
Pots and pans that have handles placed on either side of them and come with flat-topped lids are also great for stacking and saving space, and remove the awkwardness of trying to arrange your other cookware around longer handles.
The next thing to consider is the material that your stackable pots and pans are made of. You’ve got a couple of options here, and finding the one that suits you best will have an effect on your overall cooking experience.
Aluminum is the most commonly used material in pots and pans, and it’s a good option to go for due to it’s strength and durability. Not only is it super tough, but aluminum is also lightweight, so you’ll be able to easily move the pans in and out of your cupboards without worrying about the weight of them. Their lightweightedness also makes them much easier to quickly move off the hob in the case of overboiling or burning.
Cast Iron is another popular material for pots and pans, and is certainly favoured amongst professional chefs and more experienced home cooks. This is due to it’s amazing ability to heat up quickly whilst ensuring an even heat distribution, and to retain heat for a longer time as well. Cast iron does require a bit more maintenance than aluminum, however, and will require seasoning from time to time to keep the cooking surface in good condition.
It’s also a good idea to look at the non-stick capabilities of your stackable pots and pans as well. It’s quite rare to find any cookware these days that doesn’t feature any non-stick qualities, but each one will perform slightly differently.
Pans that are built using aluminum will often have a reinforced non-stick coating on them that doesn’t only ensure you get a great-quality cooking surface which no ingredients will get stuck to, but will also allow you to use a variety of utensils on them (including metal) without causing any damage to the cooking surface.
One thing you do need to be certain of when it comes to non-stick surfaces however is that they are PFOA-free. PFOA stands for Perfluorooctanoic Acid, and when used to create a non-stick surface this can leach out of the pan and into your food, causing you to digest chemicals.
Cast iron is not naturally non-stick, but seasoning them by coating with vegetable oil and then baking in the oven produces a natural non-stick coating. This will have to be reapplied periodically, however you’ll be able to rest assured that there aren’t any chemicals in your non-stick coating.
It’s also worth checking out if your pots and pans are oven safe as well. This will allow you to create a wider variety of dishes, and to move your pans from the hob into the oven without having to transfer your ingredients from one pot into another.
Another great thing about oven safe pots and pans is that they can also be used for baking, so you’ll be able to create delicious cakes and pies without needing any extra cookware. This also saves you even more space in your kitchen cupboards!
The worst part about cooking is the cleaning that follows it, but with the right set of stackable pots and pans you can cut your dishwashing time down dramatically.
Any cookware that has a non-stick coating on it will be much easier to clean as it will have been designed to prevent food from clinging to it in the first place. This means that they’ll likely just need a quick going over with some hot water and dish detergent, rather than requiring you to spend hours scrubbing away at them.
The easiest way of getting the clean-up done in record time however is to purchase a set of stackable pots and pans that can simply be placed in the dishwasher. Make sure you check that they are dishwasher safe before purchasing though, as some will have non-stick surfaces that get damaged by dishwasher cleaning.
A good quality set of stackable pots and pans isn’t always the cheapest investment, so it’s worth seeing what other features you can get for your money.
One really good feature, that has been patented by T-Fal, is the thermo-spot ring. This works by using a centrally placed red ring that turns to a solid red dot when the pan has reached the optimal cooking temperature, taking all of the guesswork out of knowing when to add your ingredients into the pan.
Another great feature is stay-cool handles. These will allow you to move your pots and pans safely around the hob without causing any accidental burns to your hands. You can also find some pan sets that come with heat-protective sleeves included, and these are great for cast iron pans specifically as the heat travels all the way up the handle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Save Space in My Kitchen?
Without a doubt, one of the best ways to save countertop or cupboard space in your kitchen is to purchase a set of stackable pots and pans. These are designed to reduce the amount of space standard pan sets take up by 30%, and are perfect for smaller kitchens or for anyone looking to create a minimalistic interior.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.