This article may contain links from our affiliate partners. Please read how we make money!
These healthy ground beef meal prep recipes are perfect if you’re trying to save money and have a healthy lifestyle!
They’re easy to make, high in protein, and great for reheating the next day when you’re stuck at work.
Ground beef is fantastic for meal prepping because it’s the perfect combo of being high in protein and low in fat. It’s versatile to use in all different kinds of food.
Whether you’ve mastered the art of meal prep or are still trying to figure out how to meal prep, these ground beef meal prep ideas are perfect.
- Healthy Ground Beef Meal Prep Ideas
- Breakfast Ground Beef Meal Prep Recipes
- Dinnertime Meal Prep Recipes With Ground Beef
- Advice for Ground Beef Meal Preps
- Questions about Meal Prepping with Ground Beef
- Final Advice on Meal Prepping with Ground Beef
Healthy Ground Beef Meal Prep Ideas
These ground beef meal prep recipes are here to put more time back in your day and money back into your budget. Many of these meal prep recipes are on our list of our favorite breakfast meal prep ideas.
Breakfast Ground Beef Meal Prep Recipes
- Low Carb Keto Breakfast Burrito Bowl Recipe: This is one of those breakfast meal prep recipes that tastes too good to be true. A blend of taco meat, cilantro rice, and scrambled eggs comes together for a delicious meal that’s great for on-the-go mornings. The best part? Thanks to the cauliflower rice, the dish fits any low carb or keto diet. These meal preps are one of our favorite keto breakfast meal prep ideas because the bowls reheat so well.
- Beef Breakfast Sausage Egg Cups: These egg cups are the copycat version of Starbucks Egg Bites. Not only are you about to devour a tasty and portable breakfast, you’ll keep some extra money in your budget by cooking at home. The recipe packs over 20 grams of protein, mostly thanks to the lean ground beef. Though it does get some help from the cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and eggs that make up the egg cups.
- One Pan Cheesy Beef Breakfast Scramble: This skillet casserole breakfast is a people pleaser. Maybe you’re looking to send the kids off to school in style or perhaps you want a quick and easy weekend brunch idea. As long as there’s a slot for breakfast in your meal plan, there’s a reason to make this dish! Did we mention you can actually store and reheat the meal for 2-3 days? Plus, you can adjust the heat in the dish. If you want a real morning wake up call, look for tomatoes with green chiles and add Pepper Jack cheese. If you want to keep things calm, use regular tomatoes and cheddar cheese with these meal preps.
- Eggs in Tomato Sauce with Sausage: If you have leftover ground beef from a dinnertime meal, consider yourself in luck! You can easily whip together this eggs in tomato sauce dish. The dish is topped with poached eggs. The flavor combination of the savory tomato sauce mixed with the yolk is truly unique. For comfort food, it clocks in at only 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points. Serve it sans flatbread, and you’ve got a low carb meal in a matter of minutes. This is one of our favorite healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss because the tomato sauce and sausage goes so well with the eggs.
- Hearty Southwestern Frittata with Potato and Beef: If you need a hearty morning meal, look no further than this frittata. These meal prep recipes with ground beef round up everything from ground beef and potatoes to veggies and rice to make a filling dish you can serve for breakfast, brunch, and beyond. Save yourself some time by using leftover ground beef.
- Paleo Breakfast Burrito: Use up your leftover taco meat to make a paleo breakfast in a snap. Cumin, paprika, garlic power, onion powder, and red onion make for a fantastic flavor combination. You’ll look forward to any morning when you know this meal is part of your meal prep recipes with ground beef. As a pro tip, use a high-heat silicone spatula to spread the coconut oil. That gives your pan a nice even coating.
- Beefy Breakfast Skillet: You could go out to breakfast. Or you could sleep in a little longer and stay in your pajamas as late as you want by serving breakfast at home. This skillet is made with a mouthwatering ground beef base, seasoned with everything from marjoram to cayenne pepper. Mix in some veggies and potatoes, and serve it with fried eggs on top.
- Cheeseburger Frittata: Do you have picky eaters in your house? Maybe you are the picky eater! With a name like Cheeseburger Frittata, even the most skeptical eaters are going to line up for this ground beef dish. These meal preps are like your favorite burger without the bun — keep the taste, ditch the carbs. While you might think frittatas need to start on the stove before hitting the oven, the perfect pie pan means you can cook this in the oven from start to finish. This is one of our favorite lazy keto meals because you just drop it all into a pan and bake it.
- Breakfast Scramble Clean Eating Meal Prep Bowls: A breakfast dish that keeps for three or four days in the fridge? Sign us up! If you start your day with this dish, you’ll be loading up on protein, plus a healthy dose of veggies. That’s right. Veggies for breakfast in the form of green and yellow bell peppers. There are also eggs, black beans, onion, and a heaping of spices. Top it with some cherry tomatoes and avocado slices for real delicious meals.
- Egg Taco Breakfast Muffins: Honestly, with a name like this, do you really even need a description to convince you to try the recipe? Just when you thought breakfast tacos couldn’t get any more convenient, they get turned into muffins. Eggs are packed with nutrients. These little meal preps are protein rich and perfectly customizable. Fresh and simple ingredients will have everyone reaching for one of these gluten-free meal prep recipes with ground beef.
Dinnertime Meal Prep Recipes With Ground Beef
Whether it’s an update on a favorite dish from your childhood or something totally new, there are meal prep recipes with ground beef here for everyone.
- Slow Cooker Bolognese: Whether you’re cooking delicious meals for your own family or for guests this is an easy one pot meal that is sure to impress. It stores well in the fridge, developing favour overnight and is a breeze to reheat. That means it’s perfect for meal prep, hectic weekdays or a nice recipe to file away for meal trains for family, friends, and neighbors in need. If you like bolognese, check out this Gordon Ramsay style spaghetti bolognese!
- Quick Beef and Broccoli Meal Prep: Beef and broccoli is a takeout staple. But what if you could get dinner on the table faster than you can drive to your favorite restaurant? Thanks to shortcut from the ground beef in this dish, you can! The whole meal comes together in fifteen minutes flat and you can prep multiple delicious meals with a single recipe.
- Korean Ground Beef Stir Fry: This stir fry is a cinch to pull together any weeknight. To keep things moving even faster for you during a busy week, you can chop your veggies during your weekend meal prep. As you cook, adjust the heat by adding a little or a lot of red pepper flakes. If you’re watching carbs, consider swapping out the rice in favor of cauliflower rice. As a garnish, add chopped green onions and sesame seeds. This is one of our favorite Korean meal prep recipes with ground beef because of how healthy they are.
- Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef: If you’re worried about adding more to the meal, know that it’s already a very filling dish. Between the ground beef and the rice (not to mention the pepper itself!), you’ve got dinner covered. If you want to serve something extra, consider pairing it with a soup or a salad.
- Spicy Beef Taco Skillet: Get ready to make your Taco Tuesday dreams come true. This skillet is the perfect ground beef recipe. Cook it up quickly and portion it out into airtight containers. They’ll stay fresh for up to four days. The festive color combination and flavor is guaranteed to bring a smile to your mealtime for lunch or dinner!
- Whole 30 Sloppy Joe Bowls: If Sloppy Joes leave you feeling a little nostalgic, you’re in good company. They’re a kid favorite for a reason! These Whole 30 Sloppy Joe Bowls get a grown-up twist served atop baked potatoes. Serve up this healthy and fun comfort food for family mealtime or as a new game-day favorite.
- Budget Keto Beef Meal Prep: If you think diets are boring, think again. Even if you’re not following a keto diet, you won’t want to miss this dish. The lemon, paprika, cumin, thyme, and mint mingle together for a Mediterranean flare.
- Serve it with a side of veggie pilaf, and you’ve got a meal prep recipe that will shake up your meal plans. As an added bonus, it clocks in at about $4 a serving. This is one of our favorite keto meal prep ideas because of the blend of seasonings.
- Beef Burrito Meal Prep Bowl: The ingredients aren’t unusual. Brown rice, ground beef, sweet corn, and black beans. It’s standard fare when it comes to burritos. However, the avocado cream sauce sets this Ground Beef Burrito Meal Prep Bowl apart from the rest. If you’re looking to put an even healthier twist on this dish, use quinoa instead of rice or serve it on top of a plate of greens instead.
- Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet: We’re not sure that there is box that this recipe leaves unchecked. Low carb? Yes. Gluten free? Sure is. Paleo-friendly? You got it. Ready fast? 30 minutes or less! Of course, it’s also really tasty. You prep it all on a sheet pan, so that means there’s next to no clean up either. This is one of our favorite sheet pan meal prep ideas because of the combo between zucchini and sweet potato. What are you waiting for? Add this to your meal plans ASAP!
- 30-Minute Vegetable and Ground Beef Skillet: We talk a lot about special diets. To follow any diet, you have to know your stuff. But if you follow a low FODMAP diet, you know how difficult it is to find a meal that meets your needs and delights your tastebuds. This is one of our favorite paleo meal preps because it reheats so well. This skillet is for you! It’s also for anyone who wants a quick and colorful meal on their table in half an hour.
- Sticky Sweet Ground Beef and Broccoli: There’s only six ingredients in this fuss-free dish (and one of them is bacon!). You can also use frozen broccoli florets as another meal prep shortcut. After you cook up the meat and veggies, serve it with rice, cauliflower rice, roasted potatoes, or even stuffed baked potatoes. This is one of our favorite macro friendly delicious meals because it’s so easy to track the numbers with such few ingredients.
- Whole 30 Italian Beef Zucchini Boats: Your schedule is jam-packed, so you already know meal prepping is your secret weapon. Think of this as ground beef meal prep made even easier. Why? This hearty meal is made with just five ingredients, and it’ll be on your table faster than you can end your phone call with your mom (it’s OK, we multitask, too!). Not only are the zucchini boats a fun twist on dinner, they’re also a delicious way to cut carbs. This is one of our favorite whole30 meal prep recipes because of the perfect mix of flavors.
- Italian Beef and Rice Skillet: A filling meal topped with a layer of gooey cheese. If that doesn’t get your whole family looking forward to dinnertime, what will? When you get ready to cook, don’t be afraid to get creative with what’s in your pantry. If you don’t have rice, use a small pasta, like an orzo. Use green beans instead of peas. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. The recipe is flexible to accommodate your tastes and to save you from making another trip to the grocery store.
- Creamy Beef and Shells: These easy pasta dish will be your new weeknight go-to. It’s creamy and comforting courtesy of ingredients like cream and Italian seasoning. If you happen to find yourself with leftovers, it also reheats beautifully. It looks like you now have dinner and lunch covered.
- Rigatoni Pasta Bake: This Rigatoni Pasta Bake is another dish that’s perfect for sharing. If you can bring yourself to part with it, this dish is a mouth-watering way to welcome home moms from the hospital or to show a sick coworker you care. It’s essentially a ground beef casserole that gets punched up a few notches thanks to the tomato sauce and all that cheese. Should you find yourself on a meal prep roll, this dish freezes really well. This is one of our favorite pasta meal prep ideas because of the high protein content.
Advice for Ground Beef Meal Preps
As we’ve already mentioned, ground beef is one of the best protein sources to meal prep with. It’s high in protein and is one of the best for reheating.
Get versatile – Ground beef is super versatile and you can use it in Mexican, Italian, Asian food, and all kinds of stuff. Change up how you prep it and it’ll never be bland.
Use sauces – I highly recommend making some kind of sauce to go with the ground beef to keep it moist. This makes it taste way better when you reheat it.
Load up the veggies – Ground beef pairs well with almost all veggies. They’ll add flavor, fiber, and compliment the ground beef.
Season it up – The easiest way to make ground beef boring is to not season it enough. Use plenty of salt, pepper, and other spices on your next ground beef meal prep to make it stand out!
Questions about Meal Prepping with Ground Beef
Is ground beef a good meal prep?
Ground beef is fantastic for meal prepping! It’s high in protein and it reheats well. It pairs well with most vegetable and carb sources.
How long can you meal prep ground beef for?
Ground beef meal prep will last for 3-4 days well and you can eat it up to one week out.
Is cooked ground beef good for a week?
Ground beef is best to eat within 3-4 days but you are able to eat it if it’s been a week. We recommend reheating it well before eating if it’s been that long.
Final Advice on Meal Prepping with Ground Beef
We absolutely love meal prepping with ground beef because of how versatile it is! It’s high in protein and low in fat if you get leaner kinds. We recommend picking 1-2 different ground beef recipes on this list and testing them out in smaller batches until you find a ground beef recipe that you love.
Once you have a winner you can 2-3x the recipe for your next ground beef meal prep.
Richmond Howard started Meal Prepify in 2019 and has helped over a million people learn how to meal prep, get better at meal planning, and create a kitchen they love to use. He’s an avid home chef and loves to bbq, grill out, and make awesome food for family and friends. He’s been featured on MSN, Renaissance Periodization, and Good Financial Cents.